Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Pod System Review - The Z biip by Innokin

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone, Pizza Dave here, delivering you a review of the Zbiip by Innokin. The Zbiip (pronounced Z-BEEP) is another creation of P. Busardo and the Vaping Greek. I recently reviewed their Zlide tank and if you read that, you would see that I am a fan of this MTL tank. The Zbiip is a “pod system” in the sense that it has a removable pod, however, this one uses the Z series of coils. That being said, I am calling this an All-in-one kit instead of a pod system. This device comes with a 1500mah battery, adjustable airflow, adjustable output, replaceable pods, replaceable pods, large side fire button and yeah….it beeps too. Let’s dive down and see what I think of it, and as always, I will have my final thoughts down at the bottom.

DISCLAIMER: This device and liquid was sent to me by Innokin for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Zbiip 1500mah device
  • 2 Z-plex3d .48-ohm coils
  • 1 tip cover
  • 1 USB cable
  • 1 Refill bottle
  • Manual, and a good manual at that!
  • More Paperwork

Available in a handful of colors, many of which have a metallic swirl pattern. The colors I am seeing so far are black, white, pink, green swirl, blue swirl, and brown swirl (my sample).

STOCK SHOT
v8t1iUA.jpg

SAMPLE PACKAGING
QuhdSap.jpg

OUT OF BOX
oKyAB78.jpg

OPERATION

The Zbiip is a basic device, but it packs in quite a few features. For starters, it is powered on and off with 3 clicks of the fire button. When powered down, holding the fire button will adjust the wattage level, which is indicated by the color of the “v” on the front of the device.

Red – 16w

Green – 14w

Blue – 11w

Along with these level indications, you will see three white LEDs on the lower corner of the mod. These indication battery level. Along with these LEDs, the beeping function comes into play as battery power is depleted. Below 50%, the mod will beep two times, when below 20%, it will beep three times. Other beeps come into play as well. When a pod is first inserted, it will give you one toot. When the device is charging and is completed, it will give you 5 toots. If you find these beeps annoying, it is as simple as shutting down the switch on the base of the device. The last bit of operation to cover is charging. Also, quite simple. The white LEDs will illuminate as it charges. When it reaches it’s charging cycle completion, the lights will shut off, and if beep is on, it will beep 5 times like I mentioned above.

PODS / COILS

Since this is still called a pod system by Innokin, I will go over them a bit. These utilize “Z” coils, which are installed in the base of each pod, and held in place by a removable ring, which also has air flow adjustments. Like many Innokin coils, these are notched, so they are a press to fit style that has only one orientation. Changing these is simple and relatively mess free, just remember to drip some liquid on them and allow them to sit for a good 5-10 minutes before you vape on it. Since the battery on this is large, and the pods are just 2ml, you will find yourself refilling much more often than charging, However, refilling has been done right on this one. They seem to have somewhat resurrected the twist top of the EQ pod system and made some small tweaks to make it their own. This top swivels over, revealing a decent sized fill port that has one of those “check valve” acting seals to help prevent leakage. I used some dropper bottles to refill and found it to be just barely big enough. If you have issues, this does come with a refill bottle with a smaller tip. The last bit of info about these pods is the airflow adjustment. The collar which holds the coils in looks like the base of a smaller tank. It features three small air flow holes, each of them offering varying levels of MTL air flow. A single hole provides a tight MTL draw, while the third hole open is a loose MTL or tight direct lung inhale. With two holes open, as expected, it is a middle road between the two. This was my preferred setting by far.

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

aBbfPVX.jpg

aSmmYez.jpg

8teYmqS.jpg

ypJsnj4.jpg

HMWNCQb.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

So, what do I think of this odd device? As a guy that likes devices of substance, I support it. The 1500mah battery and larger frame equates to a hefty little pod system. I probably shouldn’t have even said little there, as it isn’t that. This is close to the size of single battery mods out there and would even give some 2 battery mods a run for their money in size and weight. I wouldn’t let that distract you from the good that this does have though. The overall performance is one of the best I have had on a pod device. The coils have good life (up to 14ml on one and still kicking), AWESOME battery life, flavor is good, and the MTL draw is just right for me, and adjustable to find the sweet spot for you. The beeping function is a bit of a gimmick that I don’t support, and I turned it off almost immediately, however, I could find it useful to remind us when certain things are happening on the device. The LEDs are done perfect in my opinion. I love that it has the three white LEDs for battery level, and also enjoy the subtle glow I get from the “V” on the side, which lights up in the color reflecting the wattage mode selected. I can hardly find faults in this device. I like the vape I get from it, I like the size and weight, battery life and I love how they executed selectable power, led indication, and the air flow adjustment. To be honest, I think the only con I can really point out as a con is the capacity. At 2ml, I found myself refilling it more than I’d like. With the whopping 1500mah battery, I refilled 4-6 times before my battery needed recharging. I would have loved to see 3-4ml of capacity for a solid 2 days of vaping enjoyment. Other than that, I can solidly stand behind this device as it is one of the most well-executed pod systems I have used to date for overall enjoyment.

THE OVEN TEST

If this one accidentally went into the pizza oven, would I go out and buy another? I never say yes to pod systems; you guys know that.

PROS

• Good flavor
  • Air flow adjustment
  • Good battery capacity
  • Nice refill method
  • Battery level indication
  • Adjustable output
  • Feels solid in hand

CONS

• Weight and size could be an issue for some
  • 2ml capacity is its largest con
  • Larger battery takes more time to charge

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to Innokin for sending this my way for review. I am seeing this one online for about a little over $40.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors