Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A RTA Review - The Berskerker V1.5 MTL RTA by Vandy Vape

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone Pizza Dave here, delivering a review of the Berserker 1.5 MTL RTA by Vandy Vape. For starters, I never had the previous version, so this review is purely based on what is in front of me. The Berserker 1.5 is another iteration of the Berserker series of MTL atomizers. This time around, you will get a 24mm, single coil atomizer, with bottom air flow, a couple of drip tip options, and even a metal tank section if glass isn’t your thing (or you are prone to breaker glass). Let’s dive in and see how their latest Berserker vapes, what it’s like to build, and as always, I will give my final thoughts down at the bottom.

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Vandy Vape for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Berserker MTL RTA V1.5
  • 1 Delrin 510 drip tip
  • 1 Metal 510 drip tip w/ interchangeable black or Ultem tips
  • 1 2.5 ml glass section
  • 1 3ml Metal tank section
  • 1 pack or spare parts
  • Tools
  • Coils
  • Paperwork

Available in Black, Stainless, Gunmetal, and Rainbow

STOCK SHOT
2z09zRf.jpg

PACKAGING
wy4kdHM.jpg

UNBOXED
BYTHGg6.jpg

BUILD DECK AND WICKING

Without owning a previous Berserker, I am not going to comment on any changes. What I do know is that this rda features two large screws which clamp down on the coil leads. These are situated on opposite sides so the coil is installed with the first lead going one way and the other going the opposite direction. There is plenty of space to work with on this deck and building is a breeze. The coil leads can be snipped after it is situated, and it is designed so there is nothing in the way when it comes time to snip. I installed all my builds with the coil leads coming off the bottom and left it in a straight line across which kept the coil just a hair above the air flow inlet. The screw design is convenient because it accepts coils that are wrapped overhand or underhand.

Wicking on this one is also nothing too complicated. The wicking channels on this rta are not very small. At first, I felt this would lead to leaking issues, but found them to be sized just right for 2.5 or 3mm coils. When I installed cotton, I snipped the leads, so they tucked into the wicking holes, but didn’t protrude down into the tank and it worked great every time. I never experienced leaking, but I did wick it thin a couple of times and would get some gurgling from time to time, but never a full-on leak.

AIR FLOW

Air flow is pivotal part of making a good MTL atomizer. On this one, Vandy Vape elected to have several small holes on the air flow control sized 1.0, 1.2, 1.4, 1.6, and 1.8mm respectively. The AFC ring also has a tear drop shape, so each hole can be tapered down slightly for even more control. There is a wide range of MTL draws with this and I don’t know of too many people that couldn’t dial in just the right draw they are looking for.

PHOTO GALLERY

CE5sCAa.jpg

E2cVIE4.jpg

nVOddUZ.jpg

FKGK5Cy.jpg

yW4yyRe.jpg

q8JjNLr.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

I have had a chance to review a handful of MTL rebuildable atomizers this year and I have gravitated towards this one more than many others. It is easy to build on, wicking was never a huge hassle, and the performance is solid. The air flow control has a wide range of control, with the sweet spot for me being the 2nd from the largest hole. I don’t like all the MTL atomizers that try to control flow with various inserts as it can be a pain in the ass to tinker with all the parts just to find the right draw. With this one, you just keep changing holes until it feels right, so I give them a pro on that. One nice bonus that Vandy Vape provides with this is the inclusion of a couple of drip tip options, a glass tank section, and even a metal tank section. I love the look of this with the metal section, but it isn’t all that practical since there is no way to see how much liquid is in the tank. It wasn’t an issue with me throughout the day because my builds (running at 25-30) sipped e liquid and it never went empty through a full day of work, however, it still added a bit of anxiety not knowing how much was left. I can see this being great for people who are hard on tanks and break glass often, and a .5ml bump is never a bad thing. To be honest, I struggled to find cons with this one. I liked building it, I liked vaping it, and I liked that I never struggled with leaking or dry hits with any of my builds. The only con I can really think of is the width. At 24mm, it might not be a good pair for smaller mods. I know a few people who are strictly MTL vapors, and they love to run smaller single battery mods, and this would look a bit odd on those setups. Not an issue for me but must be noted. Pleasantly surprised by everything about this RTA. It will be my go-to MTL tank for the time being.

OVEN TEST

If this were to accidentally go into the pizza oven would I go out and get another? I sure would.

PROS

• Aesthetically appealing (to me)
  • Easy to build
  • Easy to wick
  • Decent flavor
  • Large capacity
  • Bonus accessories
  • Affordable price

CONS

• 24mm diameter (only a con if you rock small mods)
  • Metal tank section provides no view of remaining capacity

Thank you everyone for reading my review and thank you to Vandy Vape for sending it my way for review. If you are interested in picking this one up it is just now popping up online for the mid $20 price range. Just be careful when shopping as some sites list the older versions as the 1.5.

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item extensively for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used all products enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying them and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors