Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A RTA Review - The Solomon 3 by Kaees

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone Pizza Dave here, delivering a review of the Solomon 3 by Kaees. This 25mm RTA features a unique (somewhat) top air flow design, elevated post-less deck, 5.5ml capacity, and comes in three great looking colors. This was one of the first of its kind with this style of airflow, that is until the Geekvape Zeus X came out shortly after. I recently reviewed the Zeus X, so let’s get right to it, compare the two, and I will give you my thoughts on the Solomon 3 by Kaees.

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Buybest for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• Solomon V3 RTA w/ 5.5ml bubble glass
  • 1 Spare 3.5ml straight glass
  • 2 Air flow inserts
  • Spare parts
  • 510 drip tip adapter
  • Coils
  • Tools
  • Paperwork

Available in a ton of different colors including Stainless, black, and blue.

PACKAGING
AOggBcR.jpg

UNBOXED
kbn0Ycg.jpg

BUILD DECK AND WICKING

The build deck on the Solomon is very straight forward. It features a raised post-less design that we have seen before on quite a few atomizers. I pre-bent my coils so the leads came off one side, lined them up with the deck, and snipped to a length I thought was suitable. My photo gallery shows where I liked them. I then installed them, so the leads were flush with the outer edge. Since this deck uses airflow inserts, one must keep that in mind in order to avoid shorts. I had zero issues with 3mm coils in this deck and found it to have quite a bit of room.

Wicking this rta I found to be very forgiving. I re-wicked it three times and each time it worked perfectly. After I felt lucky on the first wick job (I felt I did it too tight), I decided to see how it handled different wick lengths. I dammed the top, so the cotton sat flush, I left it long enough to go all the way through the wicking channels, and I went middle of the road. It didn’t matter what I did, and it kept up every time. I never had gurgling or leaking into the coil area at all. Keep in mind that all three of my wicking jobs were cotton pads, as I find that to be the most successful in RTAs for me.

AIR FLOW

Air flow on the Solomon 3 is where things get rather unique. This was released slightly before the Geekvape Zeus X, but it has a very similar air flow method. Air flow comes in the top, down the outside of the chamber, and passes through dome shaped inserts which direct the airflow towards the coils. It has two different ones, which claim to be single coil or dual coil. I never bothered with single coil, as I felt that the chamber was too large to make it worth-while. Even though they claim the one insert works for single coil, I don’t think it would help much. Comparing the two, the dual coil insert offers more air flow, and the single is slightly reduced. With the airflow ring wide open, this is an airy RTA, so I preferred to close it down. However, even though I classify it as airy, it offers a pretty smooth draw. I felt it was a little bit smoother than the Zeus X actually, but they offer a similar style of draw.

PHOTO GALLERY

bQcsxMQ.jpg

JR5ssH0.jpg

M4ieOzd.jpg

ZTjcrIe.jpg

as1qmDJ.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

So, I mentioned that it has a simple build deck. The wicking is forgiving and user friendly. The airflow is unique and smooth. So, what does that add up to? It offers everything that most would feel is all you need in an RTA. The flavor that it produces is pretty dang good. Comparing it to the Zeus X, which has so many similarities, I feel it is just a touch behind in the flavor department. It isn’t bad by any means but when doing a side by side with the Zeus X, it left me wanted just a touch more. Other than that, I feel that this is a better RTA in almost every way. The build quality is excellent. Everything from the finish, to the machining is done well. The blue version I have is gorgeous, and it really brings out the nice design of this atomizer. The air flow design is also a nice touch, as it offers a smooth draw, with some air flow options via the inserts. There is a lot I like about this rta, but just a few things I don’t. One thing I don’t like is the drip tip. They put a really wide drip tip on here, and I found it a bit too big for my liking. It almost surprised me every time I put it up to my lips, so I ended up having to readjust my mouth to fit over the thing. This can easily be changed out of course but would have been nice to see a nicer tip included. The last con I found was with the large bubble glass design but is also found on other RTAs today. Since the bubble protrudes out so far, with little material at the base, I struggled to unscrew the atomizer from some of my mods at times. It kept wanting to come apart rather than unscrew from the mod because I had no grip on the base itself. There are other ways to get this off, but it would be a bad deal if you didn’t have the right tools right next to you. All in all, though, this is a damn good RTA in my opinion. It has a lot more pros than cons and holds its own amongst some of my favorite RTAs. It is another great top air flow RTA option to look at if you are sick of leaky bottom air flow atomizers.

OVEN TEST

If this were to accidentally go into the pizza oven would I go out and get another? This would be one to consider, but there are a few others I would choose over it.

PROS

• Great styling
  • Forgiving to wick
  • 5.5ml capacity
  • Smooth airflow
  • Good flavor
  • Unique airflow inserts
  • Top airflow (more leak friendly)

CONS

• Included 810 drip tip is huge and not comfortable for me
  • Big bubble design could get this one stuck on a centered 510 pin mod and makes it difficult to remove
  • Flavor is just a touch behind a close competitor

Thank you everyone for reading my review and thank you to Buybest for sending this my way for review. I am seeing it online for $25-35, and Buybest has it listed for $22.49.

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item extensively for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used all products enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying them and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors