Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A RTA Review - The Zeus X by Geekvape

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone Pizza Dave here, delivering a review of the Zeus X RTA by Geekvape. This is the latest RTA from Geekvape and is a continuation of the popular Zeus line of atomizers. This top flow RTA has many changes that separate it from past designs. It features a newly designed build deck, an inner air flow adapter, low profile drip tips, and up to 4.5ml capacity with the bubble glass. Let’s get right to is and see how this stands up to previous Zeus atomizers and other top air flow RTAs on the market.

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Heavengifts for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Zeus X RTA (4.5ml bubble glass)
  • 1 2ml spare straight glass
  • T-handle Allen tool
  • 510 drip tip adapter
  • 810 Ultem drip tip
  • 2 Coils
  • 2 Agletted Cotton
  • Spare parts bag
  • Paperwork

Available in Black, Gunmetal, SS, Rainbow, Red, and Blue.

STOCK SHOT
https://i.imgur.com/q1t8cvx.jpg

PACKAGING
qgoxMWd.jpg

UNBOXED
9qbIjLk.jpg

BUILD DECK AND WICKING

The deck on the Zeus X is much different than previous iterations. It features a raised, post-less deck. The deck also has a gap underneath. At first, I thought there might be a chance to snip my leads after insertion, but that is not the case. However, it does provide some wiggle room for coils that might be cut a little longer than needed. Either way, I precut my coils by holding them in place where I wanted them and then snip….snip…… My builds were all built with just a mm or two under the coils and I kept them aligned so they were flush with the outside of the elevated post section to ensure they wouldn’t hit the air flow adapter (more on that below). Overall, I will say that this is rather easy to build on. The elevated platform provides ample space for coil tools and gives you a great view of what is going on. It is about as easy as it gets really.

Wicking on the Zeus isn’t too bad. I had two different builds and 3 wicking jobs on this during testing. The first time I wicked this I left my leads resting on top of the wicking channels. After my first refill the coil area was flooded. Oddly enough, I POURED liquid out of the drip tip and kept on vaping. The cotton swelled enough to stop the flooding and I rocked it this way until the cotton/coils were gunky. My second and third wicking jobs were done a little long and thinner. I got them to actually tuck into the wicking slots a little. I experienced great, timely wicking, and no flooding at all. This is a much better design than the Zeus dual. I had a few trial and error moments with that RTA, but this seems to be rather forgiving.

AIR FLOW

The air flow on this atomizer differs greatly from previous Zeus RTAs. The old ones had channels that ran down the sides of the coils and had an open side air flow design. This time around, the air comes down from the top, into an open cavity, and then blasts into the sides of the coils through an inner adapter. This adapter is a design taken from their Creed atomizer but made into its own. This adapter stays put thanks to some nice machining and O-rings that seat into the chimney. Since the adapter has several small holes, the end result is a nice, smooth air flow that is directed right where you want it to go. I will talk about this a little more with how it vapes next.

PHOTO GALLERY

ZO6s3w1.jpg

GhO7mpM.jpg

AsKhOVm.jpg

z2KA0W5.jpg

vdTOlOI.jpg

rO7EwyM.jpg

Rmi9hvs.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

So, how does it vape? The easy answer is……really good. I might venture out there and say that this is the best atomizer that Geekvape has made to date. The flavor that I get this is right up there with bottom airflow atomizers, but I don’t have to worry about leaking. The new air flow design provides an excellent amount of air flow that isn’t super turbulent at all, even though it has some distance to travel. I rocked mine with the air flow closed down half way, and that was the sweet spot for me. Every time I grabbed this atomizer, it just worked. Other than my minor flooding on the first wick job, this thing never missed a beat. I tend to chain vape and never worried about it keeping up. However, even with all the great things I have to say, there are some cons. The first con is capacity. 4.5ml just doesn’t cut it and this thing guzzled liquid with both the builds I had in it (included Claptons and my own fused Claptons). I felt like I had to refill this thing on the regular and could literally vape it from full to empty in one hard and fast vaping session. The second con is build quality flaws. It looks nice, and machining is well done. However, there are some tolerances that just seem sloppy. The top air flow ring pulls off with ease and feels cheap, and that middle air flow adapter seems to barely be held in place. Sure, I never had it move around or anything, but the design could have some improvements. Other than these couple of small cons, there isn’t much I can pick apart on it. The flavor alone is enough for me to totally forget these cons and not even think about them. Like I said before, I truly think this is one of the best RTAs that Geekvape has made. The combination of good flavor, smooth air flow, easy build deck, and top air flow make for one heck of a killer atomizer. They done good on this one.

OVEN TEST

If this were to accidentally go into the pizza oven would I go out and get another? Yes. Hell yes.

PROS

• Great Flavor
  • Smooth Air Flow
  • Easy to Build
  • Forgiving to Wick
  • Top air flow (more resistant to leaking)
  • Looks great
  • Available in lots of colors
  • Low price point

CONS

• Top air flow ring is loosely fit
  • Capacity could be a bit larger

Thank you everyone for reading my review and thank you to Heavengifts for sending this my way! I am seeing this on the market for around $30-40. For that price, it is worth buying just to try it.

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item extensively for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used all products enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying them and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors