Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Sub-ohm Tank Review - The Nexmesh tank by Wotofo

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone Pizza Dave here, delivering a review of the Wotofo NexMesh Tank. Yes, that’s right, you heard that right. ORFR released this tank this past summer, and now Wotofo has taken over the company. Due to the packaging and compatibility of the Nexmesh strips for the Wotofo Profile, it has been brought up that they are a branch of Wotofo, but this seals the deal. The Nexmesh tank is essentially the same tank that was released, but now brought to you by Wotofo rather than OFRF only. I didn’t get a chance to review it when released, so let’s just get right to it eh?

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Wotofo for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Nexmesh sub-ohm tank
  • 1 4ml straight glass
  • 1 6ml bubble glass
  • 1 .2-ohm kanthal A1 mesh coil
  • 1 .15-ohm SS316L mesh coil
  • 1 Bag of spare parts
  • Paperwork

MEASUREMENTS – 25mm at the base and 40.5mm tall

CAPACITY – 4ml w/ straight glass and 6ml w/ bubble glass

Available in Black, Stainless, Gunmetal, Gold, Rainbow, and Blue.

STOCK SHOT
eteUNaR.jpg

PACKAGING
gv1KiWQ.jpg

UNBOXED
UGPQOFH.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Bubbly. That’s what I thought of right away. The Nexmesh tank has several bump outs in the design, making it look a bit unique. The bottom starts out at 25mm, bumps out where the air flow is, then goes back in at the tank base. With the bubble glass on, it bumps out and back again. Then, at the top, there is an 810-drip tip that is smaller at the base than the tip, same as what was on the Gear RTA. It just has a lot of angles going on, and I dig it. There is knurling in the middle to grip will unscrewing the base for coil changes, and the air flow adjustment is in the middle of the road for tension. Overall, it feels quite solid and well built, so I was into it out of the box.

COILS

The coils for this tank of made of the FAMOUS Nexmesh, which hit the ground running when these strips came out for the Profile RDA. Everybody was talking about them, and several people love them. The two in the box are a .20-ohm Kanthal and .15-ohm stainless “conical” type. This conical design is supposed to improve flavor as it creates a tapered top within the coil, being wider at the base than the top. These coils are a simple press in or pull out design, with O-rings keeping them in place. I don’t know of other compatible coils for this tank.

REFILL METHOD

Like many sub-ohm tanks these days, the Nexmesh uses a sliding top cap. It reveals a sealed kidney shaped opening, where you press the bottle tip past the material and down into the tank. This is excellent for leak prevention, as this helps seal the top, just as much as the surrounding gasket. I found this to be snug, even when juice was all over it. However, I did bunch up the seal at times when closing, so I had to be mindful of this as I closed so I wouldn’t mangle the seal.

AIR FLOW

This tank uses three large openings at the base of the tank for air flow. When I say large, I mean large. I never ran them wide open, with halfway being the most I ever opened them up depending on the coil. It isn’t super turbulent, but there is some noticeable noise when taking a draw. I have had smoother, but I give this a pass.

PHOTO GALLERY

OcA0XrV.jpg

mlT7FCh.jpg

JYPH7uX.jpg

VthOUS8.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

We have Nexmesh conical coils, lots of air, sliding top fill, and 6ml of capacity. How do all of these things add up when it comes to this tank? Well, it didn’t amaze me to an extreme level at all. Flavor is decent, and about average, maybe a hair above average in the mesh tank world. The coils keep up well when chain vaping, and I never had issues with wicking getting dry. One of the coils I tried leaked on me at first, but once the cotton swelled up, it was all good from there on out. The top fill mechanism is done well, as I don’t see this opening up in one’s pocket. The drip tip is comfortable, and if you don’t like it, it will work with most other 810s out there (unless they are super deep). The capacity on this tank is a bonus, as the 6ml the bubble glass provides lasts for a substantial amount of time before requiring a refill. Coil replacement is a breeze, with a push in design that holds firmly in place even with lots of liquid build up. Also, if you need to change the coil with half a tank or a little more left, simply flip upside-down and pop in a new coil. Ok, so now that I have been wordy forever let’s just cut right to it. I think it looks nice, with a happy medium of simple, yet different. The coils have decent life to them, and I never had much leaking at all. The sliding top fill is snug, which is great. The flavor is good from this, but I have had better in today’s market. I would even vape an Innokin Gomax over one of these if I was going solely for flavor. However, I don’t have many cons with this at all. I bunched up the top seal at times, but if that’s my only gripe, then that’s pretty good. It is a tank that works well and does what it needs to do. No frills, nothing special, just a solid tank for everyday use.

OVEN TEST

If this were to accidentally go into the pizza oven would I go out and get another? Not on this one. Didn’t WOW me enough.

PROS

• Looks simple, yet nice
  • Sliding top fill is snug
  • Coils are easy to swap and can be done with a half tank of liquid
  • AFC is snug to a tension I would call perfect
  • 6ml of capacity is great

CONS

• Not my top choice for flavor
  • Airflow is a bit noisy
  • Sliding fill seal bunched up during refills

Thank you everyone for reading my review and thank you to Wotofo for sending this my way for review. I am seeing these listed online for roughly $25-30.

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item extensively for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used all products enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying them and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors