Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - An AIO Review - The Aegis Boost by Geekvape

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and welcome to another review by me, Pizza Dave. Today I will be going over the Aegis Boost AIO by Geekvape. Yes, another Geekvape product, another Aegis. They have run out of names, but that is what they are sticking with for all of their rugged styled devices here on out. As you might have guessed, this is an Aegis device, which means it has all of the durability and the claim of shock proof, water proof, and dust proof. This appears to check all those marks, but put into a pod / AIO. Let’s get right to it eh?

This device was sent to me by Geekvape for review.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Geekvape Aegis Boost Pod Mod
  • 1 .6-ohm KA1 Mesh Coil
  • 1 .4-ohm round wire coil
  • 1 Squarish drip tip
  • 1 Rounded drip tip
  • 1 Tip dust cover
  • 1 Coil replacement tool
  • 1 Micro-USB charging cable
  • Paperwork

Available in a black, blue, gunmetal, rainbow, and red. I assume, like many other Aegis designs, this will be in all sorts of colors.

STOCK SHOT
FpPt7yC.jpg

PACKAGING
5FWha4o.jpg

UNBOXED

_____________________________________________________________________________________

• Measurements: 106.8mm by 39.2mm by 27.7mm
  • Battery: Built-in 1500mAh
  • Power Range - 5-40W
  • Capacity - 3.7mL
  • Other features: Adjustable power output, adjustable airflow, Aegis durability aspects

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Many of you know that I am a fan of the Aegis line of devices. They offer up nice looking designs, but also that extra durability which as a man in the construction industry, I appreciate. Out of the box, I was super impressed with how this embraced the Aegis design but in such a cute little guy! It is SUPER lightweight, but still feels like it is built solid. Some of the standout features that jumped out to me is the adjustable airflow, and of course, a nice little screen for viewing the settings, battery life, and even a puff counter.

OPERATION

While Geekvape kept it simple on this one, there are a few things to go over. First off is the usual 5 clicks of the fire button to turn the device on and off. From there, you’ve got adjustment buttons for wattage. Pressing the fire button and the down button highlights the puff counter, which can then be reset by pressing down. That’s about all you need to know to run this thing. Nice and easy, the way AIOs should be.

POD / TANK

This is still something that I am going to call an AIO, even thought Geekvape insists on calling this a pod mod. The top portion of the device is the tank, and it has replaceable coils which are replaced by pulling them out and popping one in. If you are a nail biter or after arthritis (or some other hindrance), they have included a little u-shaped tool which fits right under the coil for pulling them out. The pods are held in place by a latch on the backside of the device, so pressing this and pulling that side up releases the pod. Next, these come with a rubber plug right at the top that resembles the USB charge port of something like the Aegis Legend mod. This fill port is decent sized, BUT due to the curves and cavities within the device I found that filling took some patience. Couple that with the dark color of the tank and messes happened frequently for me. The last bit to talk about on the tank section is the adjustable dial airflow. This resembles a wheel and has a half moon shape which reveals how much air flow is coming into the base of the pod. It has ample adjustment for a wide range of draws.

PHOTO GALLERY

99AOC1V.jpg

ObPqSwq.jpg

3Go0szq.jpg

rMu95PO.jpg

MnsrkQ9.jpg

4ZWsX1d.jpg

l6ivzvf.jpg

JZ3kjuX.jpg

8tXi24c.jpg

HOW IT VAPES

Aegis durability, check. Stylish looks, check. Adjustable power, check. Adjustable airflow, check. Nice little screen, check. It checks a lot of great boxes that can make for one hell of a device. On top of that the flavor and coil life I get from BOTH coils is outstanding. I love the airflow on this, as it reminds me more of a small tank than a pod, but it can also be closed down for tighter MTL fans. It also has some nice little features, such as the dust cap for added cleanliness in a pocket and the option to use two different shaped tips. All in all, I really can’t fault the tank for much, until it came time to refill. I made a mess practically every time that I filled this up. Didn’t matter how careful I was, I got liquid leaking out on the top. Another thing I don’t like is how dark the tank portion is. It is tough to see liquid level and a lot of it is essentially blocked by how recessed into the mod the pod/tank is. To top that off, as this one sat for a day or so, I found liquid pooling up under the pod and all over in the compartment below. It appears to be sealed off for the most part, but it is still something I don’t like to see. I enjoy using this device, and found it to be super lightweight and portable, but also very stylish. Geekvape did well here other than the few issues I stated above.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OVEN TEST – If this were to accidentally fall into the pizza oven, would I go out and get another? It is highly ranked in my pod/AIO category of the year, but like many pods, I don’t use just one for that long of a time before the next one comes out!

PROS

• Durable
  • Lightweight
  • Rugged
  • Adjustability
  • Styling is excellent

CONS

• Messy on refills
  • Tough to see liquid level
  • Leaking/seeping under the pod

Thank you everyone and thank you to Geekvape for sending this my way for review. These are looking to set you back about $40 on the interwebs.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors