Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - An RTA Review - The Precisio MTL RTA by BDVape

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone Pizza Dave here, delivering a review of the Precisio MTL RTA by BDVape. BDVape is a subsidiary of Fumytech, a higher-end company. This is obvious from the point where I first laid my eyes on it. It screams high end, but at a lower price point. This MTL atomizer has 2.7mL of capacity, single coil build deck, bottom air flow, and has a durable tank section made of Ultem. This is relatively straight forward with not a lot new going on here, so let’s get right to it eh?

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Heavengifts for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 BDVape Precisio RTA
  • Bag of O-rings
  • Spare Screws
  • T-handle Screwdriver
  • Cotton
  • Round-wire Coils
  • Paperwork

Available in stainless steel w/ Ultem glass or black with smoked glass.

STOCK SHOT
Kjn1lfo.jpg

PACKAGING
TDPPKtZ.jpg

UNBOXED
wQAELIt.jpg

• Measurements – 52.7mm x 22mm
  • Capacity – 2.7mm
  • Draw – MTL draw from medium to loose MTL (could be tight direct lung)

BUILD DECK AND WICKING

The deck on the Precisio is a generic two-post large screw head style deck. The coils are inserted with legs going each direction compressed under the screw head and held in place by rising edges around the screw. It is not difficult to build on and has large enough openings for just about any MTL type coil you want to toss in. Whether that be a fused Clapton, a round-wire, twisted, it doesn’t matter. The leads are snipped after installation, so no premeasuring is required. It is large enough to handle 3mm small mass coils (barely), but I went with 2.5mm each time.

Wicking this atomizer is surprisingly easy. I tried cotton bacon, native wicks, and cotton pads and each time it wicked perfectly. I never experienced flooding, gurgling, or dry wicks. I generally inserted the wicks, so they were snipped just short of the bottom and fluffed to fill the wicking channel.

AIR FLOW

The air flow on this atomizer is a bottom airflow design with two large inlets underneath the coil. It then enters the atomizers through a small slot on one side of the bottom and six small holes on the other. This offers a VAST range of draw from a tight MTL with a couple of small holes open, or a restricted direct lung inhale with the slot wide open. It is safe to say that many would be happy with the ease of air flow adjustment, as well as the range.

PHOTO GALLERY

eVzBo2e.jpg

zQTn0Qp.jpg

LBLkzQt.jpg

6qPyOPl.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

Before I even get into how this vapes, I want to discuss the overall quality. Like I said in my intro, this screams high end right out of the gate. The machining is gorgeous for a cheaper atomizer, and the design is basic, yet stunning. I don’t even like Ultem, but I love how it looks on this device. The only thing I can maybe disagree with is that the top part of the chamber threads onto this Ultem, and over time, this threading could wear out. If you don’t take it apart very often, I don’t see this being an issue, but I must mention it. Once we get past that, I honestly struggle to find many cons. I already mentioned that this is easy to build and wick, so right there is already a big pro. I have had several MTL RTAs in the last couple of years and I almost always have to wick it just right to get a happy medium of a saturated wick or gurgling. I ran into this more often than not, but this wicked perfectly throughout the life of the cotton every…single…time. Along with great wicking comes the next big pro, flavor. It is one of the best tasting MTL RTAs I have had to date. It tastes great, especially for liquids with a sort of creaminess about them. MTL heads always need to know the air flow, and they nailed it! The way they did the large slot and small holes means that the range of adjustment is excellent. With one small hole open, it is a restricted MTL draw that builds the warmth and works well with higher mg liquids. On the other end of the spectrum, with the large slot open, this is a tight direct lung draw that works better with something around 6-9mg (for me). So yeah, they hit the nail on the head on so many things, that I struggled to find cons. I mentioned the threaded Ultem possibly being an issue over time, but that’s a big guess on my part. The last con is going to be the Ultem look, as many don’t like it. If you don’t like the styling here, they make an all-black version which has tinted glass. If you want to be an extra fancy badass, they just released the Dark Night and Silver Night edition which features etched skulls all over the top cap.

Alright, I am done gushing. This thing is awesome, and it is my number one pick for MTL atomizer of 2019 the way it sits right now.

OVEN TEST

If this were to accidentally go into the pizza oven would I go out and get another? Heck yeah

PROS

• Great flavor
  • Easy to Build
  • Easy to Wick
  • Tons of air flow adjustment
  • Did I mention great flavor?
  • Looks simple, yet high end

CONS

• Ultem isn’t for everyone
  • Threaded Ultem assembly might no fair well over time (or if dropped)
  • Didn’t mention above, but the 510-drip tip has a raised portion making aftermarket tips with larger diameters look just silly.

Thank you everyone for reading my review and thank you to Heavengifts for sending it my way. They have these listed for $40.90.

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item extensively for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used all products enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying them and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors