Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers (but Wellon didn't) - A Pod System Review - The Stan by Wellon Tech

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone, Pizza Dave here, delivering you a review of the Stan pod system by Wellon Tech. I reviewed the Lux pod system a while back. I felt like it was a rather meh pod system, but at least I got to get some enjoyment from it. The Stan is their latest entry, and it flat out failed me. I will be honest, and my effort in this review is going to be of lower quality. Wellon reached out to me for review, I tested it, didn’t like it. Told them of some issues, and they told me not to review it. I feel like it would be a dis-service to you if I listened to them and didn’t inform the public, so here we are.

DISCLAIMER: This device and liquid was sent to me by Wellon Tech for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Wellon Stan 650mah battery
  • 2 1ml, 1.6-ohm Pods
  • 1 USB cable
  • Paperwork

Available in Silver, Black, Blue, and Red.

STOCK SHOT
l4i3XY9.jpg

SAMPLE PACKAGING
fSWgFuI.jpg

OUT OF BOX
W9O9ybI.jpg

OPERATION

The Stan is a simple, compact pod system that is easy to use, but has a super clear, yet vague manual. The fire button lights up in the setting of the device, and it has three power settings, which they just call low, medium, and high rather than stating the actual output.

• White – High Voltage
  • Blue – Medium Voltage
  • Green – Low Voltage

It would be nice to know what the actual output is, but they kept it basic. Might be good for people who don’t want to know, but long-time vapors typically like to know what’s happening. The LED also lights up green when charging and will shut off when it is fully charged. It charged rather quickly (hair over an hour), but that is expected with a 650mah battery.

The refillable pods are held in place with a magnetic connection, but it is on the weak side and not secure very well. To refill the pods, the entire mouth piece comes off the end, revealing two small fill ports. These work well for smaller tipped bottles but are way too small for dropper bottles. The bright side here is that they have two holes, so one allows air to escape which helps to keep refills less messy and quick. The mouth piece has two plugs that are lined up with these holes. It works on, but it is a snug fit that is kind of a pain in the A$$.

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

AKE0gKW.jpg

S1ucrLC.jpg

83ylLCZ.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

This is where the Stan failed me. As I said in my intro, I told Wellon that the pods were not working well. They just stated that I must have had a bad pod and told me not to review it. The kit comes with two pods, and they sent me a pack of 4 extra pods. I tested 2 of the included pods and 2 of the spares with various liquids and power settings and I had varying levels of failure. Here is my experience.

POD1 – HIGH VOLTAGE, 50/50 35mg nic salt. All started out well. Flavor wasn’t too bad. I got into it about 5 puffs and it started to flood. I did a little shake out into a paper towel, attempted to vape it with a little less force and it flooded within 3 puffs. Nothing more spectacular than drinking 35mg nic salt.

POD2 – HIGH VOLTAGE, 65/35 12mg freebase nic. The first puffs felt kind of weak. By the 5th puff, straight up dry. I turned it down to low voltage, but it was the same result.

POD3 – LOW VOLTAGE, same liquid as pod 2. I figured I burnt the pod with that super high-powered high voltage, so I started off on low. Right out of the gate, similar vape to pod 2. By the 7th puff, super dry. Let it sit, sucked into it hard without firing and got a few puffs before totally burnt flavor.

POD4 – MEDIUM VOLTAGE, 50/50 25mg nic salt. I got into this one a little further. I vaped the pod down to about half and it was decent. Flavor was ok, nice little crackle to it, and I thought I figured it all out. Went out after a lunch break where it was kept vertical for 2 hours and yep, sucking 25mg through a straw sensation. Totally flooded, super tingly mouth, super not so awesome.

Needless to say, my experience was not good. This was hardly vapable. Sure, maybe I got a really bad batch of pods, but with the quantity provided I hardly doubt that. I wanted to like this little kit. It is sleek, it has adjustable power (of unknown levels), and the overall look is quite nice. The rubberized coating feels premium and the mouthpiece feels good as well. However, it is plagued with issues. One issue that I never even got to test because I didn’t vape it long enough to kill the battery, but there is no multi-stage battery indication. It just lights up in the color of the power setting, and then goes to red at less than 20%. This is always a con for basic pod systems to me. Another con is that it is a bit too airy for me. The draw is loose and doesn’t feel quite right coming from a pod system that is one of the closest in form factor to a cigarette. Since we are listing cons, I will mention again, the pods are loose. It feels loose when against the lips and flops out of the battery with ease. The largest con is obviously the pods. I didn’t get a chance to test this much due to either dry hits or flooding, so with that being said…. Don’t buy this.

THE OVEN TEST

If this one accidentally went into the pizza oven, would I go out and buy another? Who are we kidding, I intentionally put this in the pizza oven!

PROS

• Compact form factor
  • Comfortable mouthpiece
  • None of these pros matter cuz it’s a shelf ornament

CONS

• Terrible pod performance
  • No battery indication other than good, and dead
  • Airflow is a bit too open
  • Pods are not held secure with magnets

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to Wellon for reaching out to me. I’m sure this is the last time I review one of your products! If you want to buy one of these too look at, it’s selling for about $25ish, but it’s kind of hard to find online right now.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors