Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - A Kit Review - The Blazar by Coilart

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

_____________________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s Vape Reviews and today I will be reviewing the Blazar by Coilart. This device is an unregulated tube device, functioning off a single 18350, and the included tank is geared towards MTL vaping. It comes in some gorgeous colors of resin, and is built as a solid, yet small device. This sure looks promising, so let’s get right to it eh?

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Coilart for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Blazar 18350 mod
  • 1 Blazar MTL RTA
  • 1 Spare glass
  • 1 Bag of spares
  • Allen Key
  • Paperwork

- Available in black and stainless with various colors of resin.

STOCK SHOT
pO92STK.jpg

PACKAGING
quUkmML.jpg

UNBOXED
3MP18zL.jpg

MOD OVERVIEW

• Measurements – 24mm x 98mm
  • Wattage - Mechanical like output, dependent on build and batteries
  • Battery – Single 18350
  • Construction – Stainless steel and resin
  • 24mm max atomizer without overhang

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Out of the gate, this thing is gorgeous. It is built super solid, with a lot of weight to it. The resin looks nice and adds flare to an otherwise basic styled device. The first thing that came to my mind after I admired the looks was the size. It is a super cute, compact tube, and I was super excited to get this built. Let’s see if this lives up to how excited I am just opening the box.

OPERATION

I am not going to get into too much detail here. This essentially operates just like a mech. Install a battery, POSITIVE side down, and if the voltage is above 3.0v it will work. There are no battery indications or on/off sequences with this device. Only thing to note with this device is inserting the battery positive side down as stated earlier, tightening the bottom up so the battery is snug, and using this with a hybrid safe atomizer. Also, be sure to look up the current limitations of the 18350 you choose and build within a safe range.

BLAZAR RTA

This is probably the most important part of this kit. This tank holds 4ml of liquid and matches up with the device well. It has a unique fill design, where you must lift the top, then slide, and insert your bottle past a duck-bill type seal to fill. This rta is built for a single coil only, utilizing a standard two post design. I found this deck to be very easy to build on. It offers ample room to build, especially for MTL, and I never had issues getting my coils installed. Wicking on this seems to be a simple task, with decent sized wicking holes. The holes seem to be a bit larger for smaller coils, but anything between 2.5 and 3mm fit about right in these holes.

NOW FOR THE DOWNSIDE. I couldn’t get this tank to work for me more than the first little bit. It literally pissed liquid out EVERY time this tank sat for more than an hour. I installed three builds in this and wicked it up TEN times, and it never held liquid. I changed out O-rings, I ensured proper tension of the tank assembly, and it still leaked every time. It is unfortunate too, as once I found the right build, it vaped SOOOOO good.

BUILD 1 – 2.5mm 1.3 ohm round wire – This build didn’t provide a lot of flavor, and the ramp time was kind of slow. Overall vape experience was just ok to me.

BUILD 2 – 3mm .8-ohm Clapton – This build took forever to ramp up. Mass was a bit too high. The extra .5mm provided more cotton which gave me some hope for leakage, but it still leaked terribly.

BUILD 3 – 3mm .6-ohm kanthal – This was just awesome. It ramped up fast, flavor was bangin’ and I absolutely loved it. This was exactly what I was hoping for. I vaped through about a half a tank with this and finally felt like I nailed it. Hour later I went to use it again…. Leaking and gurgling AGAIN.

PHOTO GALLERY

qs0AnLK.jpg

rQvD2Yj.jpg

eQqho7V.jpg

so7NP9T.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

Yeah, so this thing just frustrated me. I was super pumped for this thing! It looks cool, it’s compact, built solidly, and when it works, it vapes really great. The air flow on this has a wide range of MTL draw, 6 to be exact, so finding that perfect MTL experience is easy with this. It has some really great things going for it…. Unfortunately, I could hardly use it. I worked on this so, so much, and kept having leakage. I haven’t experience leaks like this in YEARS, so it was just annoying. I would really love to see them update this tank and make it better, because this has potential to be something which I would use a TON. It just isn’t there, or I received a bad one. Now… if you have a nice 24mm MTL rebuildable that is hybrid safe, the mod portion of the Blazar might be right for you. There is just something cool about having a mini tube “mech” for MTL. It is super simple to use, and it feels really well made. There isn’t much in terms of safety, but the bottom battery portion can be loosened, which will prevent pocket fire mishaps as it completely opens the circuit. All said and done, I can’t recommend the kit, but the mod itself is pretty neat. It is kind of a niche market tube, but easily creates a solid pod system replacement when paired with the right atomizer (NOT COILARTS).

OVEN TEST

If I this were to accidentally fall into my pizza oven would I go out and get another? SUCH AN APPROPRIATE NAME FOR THIS DEVICE!!! Let it go up in a blaze.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROS

• Small form factor
  • Solidly Built
  • Lovely colors
  • Simply to use

CONS

• Tank leaks like crazy
  • 18350s aren’t really a thing anymore, so good luck finding them locally
  • No safety features or on/off function
  • No battery indication or LEDs of any sort

Thank you all for reading and thank you to Coilart for sending this my way for review. I am seeing this online for roughly $80.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors