Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The Berserker MTL rda by Vandy Vape

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello Everyone, and welcome to Pizza Dave’s Vape Reviews. Today I will be covering the Berserker MTL RDA by Vandy Vape. This rda was sent to me by Vandy Vape for review.

http://www.vandyvape.com/detail/atomizer/Berserker_MTL_RDA/

fGlmwgG.jpg

INTODUCTION

Vape, with design assistance from Alex of VapersMD, decided to go toe to toe with high end MTL rda manufacturers and released a product that is both highly functional, but at a fraction of the price in the given market. This is the Berserker MTL rda, a single coil, 18MM atomizer, that comes with boat loads of adjustments to fine tune the vape experience. I have never dabbled with MTL atomizers much, but this thing has made me investigate more! Enough with the hype already, let’s dive in to what’s in the box and I will see you down at the bottom for my thoughts.

WHAT YOU GET

- 18mm Berserker rda

- 22mm beauty ring

- 24mm beauty ring

- Air flow adjustment inserts

- Spare parts bag

- Coil placement tool

0ZEqyTs.jpg

auHygF3.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

BUILD DECK

The Berserker MTL features a single coil two post build deck. Building on this design is a breeze, if you don’t intend to cram some massive coils into this thing. There isn’t a ton of build space, but with a chamber this small, there is no need for monstrous coils. It is an entirely different mindset when building on MTL devices like this, and a very refreshing experience. I elected to use the factory Clapton coils that were supplied, and they turned out to be quite nice. Take note to my picture as to how high I set the coil. I went with the coil leads on the top side of the coil in order to tuck that coil down closer to the air flow. It also minimizes the cotton length from the bottom of the juice well. I didn’t fiddle with coil placement much, because to be honest, it was great just how it was.

YOE8yVr.jpg

EbZAhth.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WICKING AND SQUONKING

The build deck is pretty high on this atomizer, but it works quite well for squonking. It is deceiving at first, but the cotton has to go a long ways to the bottom. I wicked it just long enough to reach the bottom and it worked great. Squonking this thing is great, but it has a little learning curve. Due to the air flow being a bit lower, it can be over squonked. With wider air flow inserts it will mildly flood if over squonked, but one little puff and it clears itself out. I found with tighter air flow that my mod would actually “self squonk.” With a soft silicone bottle, it would draw from the bottle and fill the juice well all by itself. It was kind of nice, but sometimes it was a bit too much! I loved running this on my RSQ mod. I was able to get a satisfying vape at just 22 watts.

AIR FLOW AND FLAVOR

This rda has no shortage on air flow adjustments. Not only does it have air flow adjustment holes on the chamber itself, but Vandy Vape elected to offer inserts to alter the direction and quantity of air flow. These inserts are placed in the base of the atomizer once the top cap is removed. They offer a wide array of sizes and shapes to tweak the air flow to just about any way possible. The tightest air flow feels almost closed, and the widest one is actually capable of a restricted DL inhale. It is easily a restricted DL inhale if the air flow inserts are removed entirely. I ended up running the insert with the largest hole, and used the 3rd largest air flow slot on the top cap. This was just right for me and was very smooth. This thing is a flavor machine. I had no idea that that much flavor could be produced without chucking a massive cloud.

1LxnRe0.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

Vandy Vape hit a home run. Simple as that. This thing looks nice, it vapes great, and it is super simple to build and wick. There is such a wide variety of air flow adjustments that I don’t know a single MTL vapor that couldn’t find their sweet spot with it. This opened my eyes to the world of MTL vaping. Due to the lower wattage, the juice and battery consumption are both very low. It allows the user to vape all day without every worrying about running out of liquid or battery life. I strongly recommend this rda for anyone looking for a great MTL device at an affordable price.

PROS

- Flavor flavor flavor

- Build Quality

- Air flow adjustability

- Low juice consumption

- Lots of spare parts and the coil tool is a bonus

CONS

- I don’t like the look of the heat sink drip tip, but that is completely subjective

- It can be over-squonked due to the low air flow inlet, but not terrible by any means.

On top of an RSQ
xse1M0R.jpg

On top of a Vandy Vape Pulse Box
qoKgkjl.jpg

The Berserker MTL rda can be purchased at all the typical online vendors. I found it for as little as $24.90 on VaporL.com.

https://www.vaporl.com/vandy-vape-berserker-mtl-rda-tank-atomizer.html#

Thank you everyone for reading this review and thank you to Vandy Vape for providing me with this rda for review.

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings.

VU Sponsors