Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews- The Core Rta by Vapefly

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s Vape Reviews. Today I will go over the Core rta by Intake. As always, I keep my reviews unbiased, but this was sent to me by Vapefly for review. The Core is a collaboration between German 103 and Vapefly. I don’t know much about German 103, but from the looks of it, they gave some solid advice on this one. The core is a dual coil rta with what they are calling “Q” airflow due to how it passes over the coils. The build deck is simple, the design looks great, and it flat out works. Enough with the gushing. Let’s dive in and look at the design, the build deck, air flow and everything else that makes the Core what it is, and I will give my final thoughts down at the bottom.

mfnNWTj.jpg

FtCBsgj.jpg

zkDfBXx.jpg

WHAT YOU GET

- 1 Core RTA

- 1 2ml straight glass

- 1 4ml bubble glass

- Spare parts bag

- 1 510 drip tip adapter

- 2 pieces of Firebolt cotton

- Plug for single coil operation (mine did not come with one)

- 1 screwdriver

- 1 Manual

- Available in Black, Stainless, Gold, and Rainbow

7Y6IIdm.jpg

DU9toS9.jpg

BUILD DECK

The build deck of the Core is a basic two post design with clamps. The clamp section of the core is wide enough to place many coils side by side under the clamps, but some larger coils would have to be stacked on top of one another. I never had any issues installing builds on the deck, as either method held them firmly in place. It is very simple to build on, and my usual method entailed placing both coils in place, holding with my fingers, and tightening down with the leads left long. From there I would lift each side and snip the excess from underneath and then re-position the coil where it needs to be. There is adequate room in this deck for one of my go to coils, which is a 7 wrap, 3mm I.D. Fused Clapton with 2x24g cores w/ a 38g wrap. I tried to fit some larger diameter Claptons in and was limited to fewer wraps, but for the most part it has adequate space for a wide array of coils.

YpBXBpJ.jpg

VfnzdNo.jpg

WICKING

Wicking the Core is very simple and effortless. The top posts come to a bit of a “T” over the wicking slots (as seen below). All you must do is tuck the wicks under the T and just barely into the wicking slots. With the combination of the T, and the size of the wicking slots, I found it best to thin the wicks out just a hair before placement. I wicked this up with 4 different kinds of cotton and the results were fantastic every time, with no dry hits, and zero leaks. It is a very forgiving atty to build on and I give them a pro for that. I love being able to toss whatever cotton I have in an RTA and not worry about issues when I leave the house.

mQsYbyX.jpg

BONUS REVIEW – FIREBOLT COTTON

Vapefly sent me some of their firebolt cotton along with this one. I really like this system. It has “shoelace” like caps on the end of the wick for quick installation and it really makes for quick wicking. The material is 100% organic cotton, and when you really inspect it, it almost looks like standard pads that are rolled with the cap on the end. The diameter of each piece is about perfect for 3mm coils. I was able to sneak the end through 2.5mm coils and slide it through after I thinned it out a bit. This cotton would be loose on 3.5 and 4mm coils unless it was fluffed up a lot, but with that being said, I would stick to 3mm or under. Overall performance is stellar as well. It wicks very efficiently, and flavor is also top notch. I am thinking that it lasts about the same time as good quality Japanese cotton pads. The only con I can think of is to keep in mind that it has those plastic caps on it. If coils are a little bit warm from heating the coils it will melt and at that point I would toss the coil out. I mistakenly, in a rush, attempted to wick when my coils weren’t quite cool and ruined one. The plastic can be removed from the end and the crimped ends still slide right into the coils with ease. I will be buying this as a go to cotton as much as possible.

3InFjWx.jpg

HOW IT VAPES

Well, you have it built, you have it wicked, now it is time to see how well it works. The Core did not disappoint. I was a bit skeptical of the air flow system as it reminded me of the Wormhole rda, with air flow coming up from the bottom and the middle. I felt that the Wormhole lost flavor when using the middle, and this has no way of shutting that off. It was not an issue this go around and the result is a nice, smooth air flow, that delivers a punch of flavor and quite a cloud. I generally ran mine in the 70-80w range with the air flow turn down to about 2/3 open and with every coil I ran, and every type of cotton, it never let down. This is the best Vapefly product I have used to date outside of the Galaxies line and see myself using this thing a lot in the future.

SIDE NOTE – My tester did not come with the plug for single coil operation. All my testing was complete with two coils for this reason.

FINAL THOUGHTS

I pretty much sat here and raved about this thing for 5 paragraphs, so I think you know where I stand on this one. It is easy to build on. It is a breeze to wick. And to top it off, it provides a damn good vape. I ran 3 different builds, 4 different types of cotton, and 3 different liquids in it and every time it just worked. I can’t stand RTAs that make me worry about dry hits or leaking after a new build and this worked flawlessly every time. It has a removable top cap fill method with large holes, and it is recessed a bit which helps to avoid spilling. To top it off, the threads are silky smooth on all parts of the mod and it has no parts on it that feel “cheap”. The only con I can think of is that the styling will be subjective. As an electrician, heck yeah, I like the circuit board nods on the chimney, but I can see where some would be turned off by this. Pros outweigh the cons by far on this one, so I can safely suggest it to anyone interested in a bit of a sleeper rta on the market.

ipJeudg.jpg

kg0svnm.jpg

PROS

- Flavor is excellent while producing a ton of vapor

- Deck is easy to build on

- Wicking is simple

- Overall build quality is nice

- Easy to refill

- Price point is great

CONS

- Circuit board styling might not be for everyone

- Build deck limits to 3mm coils or fewer wraps on 3.5mm coils

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read my review and thank you to Vapefly for sending it my way for review. If you are interested in picking one of these up, I did some searched and am seeing it all over the internet for about $35-45. This did just release, so I anticipate more people to carry it in the coming weeks.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Vapefly-Core-RTA.html

https://www.sourcemore.com/vapefly-core-rta-black.html

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors