Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The Creed RTA by Geekvape

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s Vape Reviews. Today I will be reviewing Geekvape’s latest RTA to hit the market, the Creed. This RTA was sent to me by Heavengifts for review. The Creed is a dual coil RTA, boasting a plentiful capacity of 4.5ml with straight glass and 6.5ml with bubble glass. It features a very innovative bottom air flow system, simple deck, and low-profile top cap. Let’s dive right in and look at what makes the Creed one of my favorite Geekvape products to date.

cplXC75.jpg

26fuEM9.jpg

WHAT YOU GET

- 1 Geekvape Creed Rta w/ pre-installed 6.5ml bubble glass

- 1 Spare 4.5ml straight glass

- T handled multi tools

- 1 510 drip Tip adapter

- 3 drip tips, Black, Ultem, frosted

- 3 air flow chamber adapters

- Spare parts bag

- User manual

- ****Geekvape shows it as coming with a single coil adapter as well

- Available in SS, Gunmetal, Gold, Rainbow, Black, and Blue

eySHQ7v.jpg

Ovdo4cb.jpg

BUILD DECK

The build deck on the Creed rta utilizes two posts, with two beefy flat head screws on top. I was a bit skeptical of this deck, because I usually don’t like having my coils overlap under posts. However, this gripped all my builds just fine, and proved to be quite simple. I used 3 different builds, 24g ss round wire build, fused Claptons (2x24g core w/ 36g wrap), and an alien fused Clapton (2x24g core w/ 40g wrap). All these works fine under the posts. My only gripe is that there isn’t a ton of room for builds in this space due to the air flow adapters (more on that later). With 3mm ID on the advanced builds, I had to reduce wraps from 7 down to 5 for them to fit. Another option is to reduce the ID down to 2.5mm, which still allowed 7 wraps of those advanced builds. The simple round wire builds fit without any issues. It isn’t a big deal, but just something I wanted to point out.

******Geekvape shows this coming with an adapter for single coil operation. I did not get this in my package so I cannot give any input on how well it works in this configuration.******

P6HsRkE.jpg

WICKING

Wicking this rta is very simple. Every time I wicked it, it worked every time. There are large cutouts for on the bottom of the atomizer with two small holes to guide the liquid up to the wicking channels on the side of the deck. This looks very similar to how the wicking slots/holes are on the Griffin 25 plus, minus the juice flow control. To wick, I did the usual and stuffed my cotton snug in my coils, thinned them slightly, and tucked them in just enough to cover the wicking channel. You aren’t going to want to stuff them tightly in the channel, just a light tuck. Like I said before, this method worked every time. I can chain vape puff, after puff, after puff, and it always keeps up.

G3h567j.jpg

cXA8ius.jpg

AIR FLOW

The air flow on the Creed is a bit innovative. This is a bottom air flow rta, but with three options thanks to 3 chamber adapters. These chamber adapters (as seen below) are placed over the build deck and held at the top by an O-ring type seal to the main chimney. The options include a solid side, for straight bottom air flow. Slotted sides, for a combination of bottom and side. Holes in the sides, which is also a combination of bottom and side air flow. I tested all three and found I still like the draw and flavor of straight bottom air flow. The others offer a slight bump in air flow, and a very slight drop in flavor. I think it is great that they included these and they make the air flow a bit more versatile for different types of coils being installed. The flavor difference is not HUGE from each, and all offer great flavor in my opinion. Air flow adjustment on the bottom is snug, but free to move. It also has stops to avoid free spinning of the AFC.

j8n9APR.jpg

HOW IT VAPES

Overall, the vape that I am getting off this is good, like REALLY good. It has smooth air flow, and the clouds are dense and flavorful. Every build I tried had good flavor and the air flow is about perfect for my style of vaping. I ran the more advanced builds around 75-80 watts and the flavor is on point. I liked changing up the air flow adapters to see how it would impact the vape, and like I said above, straight bottom air flow was what I liked best. It has quite a bit of air flow, even more so with the open sided adapters. This atomizer brought out the flavor on one of my go to juices to the point that it tasted like something totally new to me. One big pro of vaping this atty is the capacity. It sucks the juice at a high rate, but with 6.5ml of e-liquid in a tank that doesn’t appear MASSIVE it lasts a fair amount of time. Refilling the atomizer seemed a little awkward at first because the top cap is low profile which doesn’t leave, much to grab and the threads felt a bit course at first. With time, I found it “normal” to grab just the top of the cap, and all the threads loosened up nicely after a few refills. I like that they have this short cap as it keeps this tank shorter while still having a ton of capacity.

1klZNs5.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

Geekvape did well on this one. The build deck is easy to work with and wicking is very forgiving, but more importantly, it provides a stellar vape. I felt like this brought out some of the best flavors from liquids that I use all the time. It has great innovation in the air flow adapters, and even the top cap is something I haven’t seen done quite like this. Speaking of the top cap, it is oddly satisfying to open and close. I like that they have the option of both 6.5ml bubble glass, or the more streamlined 4.5ml straight glass. It also comes with 3 drip trips. All of them are kind of meh and I think that that Ultem one looks just hideous on top. I had a few scenarios where this leaked on me just a little but seemed par for the course for a bottom air flow rta. The build quality on this feels good all around with the only portion I dislike is how sharp the air flow adapters are on top. They are machined to be almost razor sharp on some edges, so beware. Overall, I found a lot more pros than cons during my time with it and thoroughly enjoy this one. Hats off to Geekvape.

m0vniYs.jpg

PROS

- Great flavor

- 6.5ml Capacity

- Innovate, versatile air flow

- Lots of colors to choose from

- Affordable price

- Easy to build

- Easy to wick

CONS

- Included drip tips are ugly

- Machining on air flow adapters are dangerously sharp

- Clear silicone seals can become stained over time

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read my review and thank you to Heaven Gifts for sending it my way for review. I did some google searches and am seeing this pop up for about $35 from everyone.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/GeekVape-Creed-RTA.html

https://www.vapordna.com/GeekVape-Creed-25mm-RTA-p/gkvcre.htm

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item extensively for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used all products enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying them and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors