Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The Crius RDA by OBS

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everybody and welcome to yet another Pizza Dave Vape Review. Today I will be covering everything you need to know about the Crius rda by OBS. This rda was sent to me by buybest.com for review. BuyBest! is a new online retailer offering many of the new products that we all come to expect at great prices, so head on over and check them out.

ojX22Uy.jpg

INTRODUCTION

The Crius is the latest rda from OBS. OBS has gained a lot of attention in recent years due to some excellent products hitting the market. One of their more popular items was the Crius RTA, which has been released in several different versions (1, 2, plus, rdta, etc). And since OBS must really like the word Crius, they slapped it on this rda. OBS has implemented several design aspects that I have never seen on an RDA before and came up with an rda that looks really nice, and hopefully can deliver as well as the many Crius’ before it. So, let’s dive right in, I will talk about the design, and give my two cents about everything the Crius rda has to offer.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT’S INCLUDED

- 1 Crius RDA

- 2 Screwdrivers

- 2 spare O-rings

- 2 Coils (Claptons)

- 1 Tiny bag of Cotton

- Manual – well written manual with pretty pictures

Ex9g0cN.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

AIR FLOW

OBS has implemented a new style air flow system which they are calling “360-degree airflow”. It is designed to improve flavor and clouds by offering plenty of adjustment with a cyclic flow of the air directly to the coils. It doesn’t quite hold up to their sales pitch, so let me break it down for you. The design requires an inner chamber for the air to flow from 4 inlet holes 360-degrees around the chamber and then through 2 air flow holes that are aligned with the coils. The alignment is kept in check by a notch design on the top cap and base. Air flow is a bit turbulent due to the path it travels around the perimeter, which results in a very wooshy inhale. While the air flow does go right to the coils, it doesn’t seem to correct for improving the flavor that they speak of. It will toss a nice cloud, but the flavor within that cloud is rather weak. This is the biggest con that I found with the rda.

Q2MlzUA.jpg

BUILD DECK

On the other hand, OBS nailed it with the build deck of the Crius. The deck is designed for dual coils that are all held together under one clamp. The clamp system is hefty and has just one single screw to tighten it all down. This is hands down one of the easiest build decks I have ever built on. Simply hold both coils in position with one lead of the coil above, and the other below, a zirconia block which isolates the positive from the negative. Once positioned, tighten that single screw and it is all set. The spacing that block places the ends of the coils in a space that is easy to snip after tightened with no tweaking or bending coils required to access them. The build deck is a highlight of this rda, but I have to wonder how long that zirconia will stay durable after several heating cycles.

tITGCt1.jpg

REVIEW TIME

I have to say that I was quite excited to review this product. I own the OBS engine and Crius Plus RTAs, so I felt like OBS would have another solid piece of hardware here. However, that was not the case. The few flaws it has overcame any positives, and it left me feeling like they missed the mark. For starters, the top cap O-rings are way too loose. While this isn’t a huge issue in most situations, it just screams low quality. Any time a top cap can fall off when shaking an rda upside down is just plain bad. Thankfully the notches keep the air flow aligned, but it is still quite frustrating. The second con, and the largest of the two is lackluster flavor. I tried several different builds on this rda but kept getting the same weak flavor every time. I can only assume that the air flow doesn’t quite hit the coils directly, or with enough force after all that air collides in the 360-degree air flow chamber. The build deck is great, and it comes with a squonk pin, so I will give them a pro on that, but the flavor performance of this rda has firmly made a home for this rda on my vape shelf. ☹

If my review didn’t push you off too much, it can be found over at buybest.com for $26.91

https://www.buybest.com/product/OBS-Crius-RDA-Tank-Atomizer_55761.html

Thank you for reading this review and thank you to Sophia at buybest.com for supplying me with this rda for review.

Pizza Dave Reviews – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings. See you next time!

gstHenG.jpg

VU Sponsors