Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The Espion Kit by Joyetech

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey what’s up everybody, this is Pizza Dave Vape Reviews, and today I will be reviewing the Espion Kit by Joyetech. This kit was kindly sent to me by Joyetech for review. Insert a highly artistic James Bond style 10-minute entry here………………………………………………and let’s get to the review.

http://www.joyetech.com/product/espion-with-procore-x/

IEWYFrz.jpg

INTRODUCTION

Dave…..Pizza Dave. Like all my little gimmicks suggest, the Espion by Joyetech is a kit that looks to be straight out of a Bond film. From the power up screen to the bullet battery indication, this mod screams spy flick through and through and I totally dig it. The elegant design, the beautiful color screen, and the comfortable size all add up to one sweet mod that I never saw coming from Joyetech. I will dive into everything you need to know about the Espion, the Procore X tank, and give you me 2 cents on the kit.

WHAT YOU GET

• Joyetech ESPION 200W TC Box Mod
  • One Joyetech ProCore X Sub-Ohm Tank
    • One ProC1 0.4 ohm Coil
    • One ProC1-S 0.25 ohm Coil
  • 2ml Glass Tank Section and Chimney
  • 4.5ml Glass Tank Section and Chimney
  • USB Cable
  • Spare Parts
  • User Manuals
  • Warning Card
Cs5HyIO.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

THE MOD OVERVIEW

The Espion mod comes packed with all the features that one would expect, in a mod body that is comfortable to hold and looks beautiful. The kit I received is called gunmetal and features a brushed metal look to it. Hit has a nice large fire button, up and down buttons, even an enter button for menu use and screen on/off. All the buttons feel nice and clicky, and I experienced no button rattle what so ever. The fire button is a rocker style, with the top portion of the button moving in and out, and the bottom is a pivot point. It takes a little bit of getting used to, but it is a nice fire button after the learning curve sets in. The up and down buttons can be pressed simultaneously to lock the temperature or wattage of the device. The Espion has an extra button on the front that can be pressed to turn the screen on or off (similar to a smart phone), and it also functions as an enter button while in menus. It took some time fiddling with the device before I started to hit this button to enter in the menus, rather than pressing the fire button like most devices. Clicking the fire button automatically exits all menus much easier than scrolling through to an “exit” tab. The battery door on the Espion is excellent. I normally don’t like bottom hinging battery doors because most companies make them with poor or cheap feeling hinges and latches. This door feels solid when batteries are in place it is next to impossible to open the door on accident. Battery polarity is clearly marked on the door, as well as the pins within the mod, as seen in my photo below. Upon inserting the batteries, the mod will power up and features a James Bond-esque screen. I thought this was a great nod to 007, as this mod follows through with its spy appeal.

uIMggSS.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

MENUS AND SETTINGS

Now that the device is powered up and ready to go, we can run through the menu system. Three clicks of the fire button gives you access to a simple block style menu. The color screen adds nice contrast to the menus and makes navigation a breeze.

MODE

The mode block is where you will find all of the power and temp control settings. This device offers power mode, along with temp control for Ni, SS, Ti, and three memory TCR settings. Since I don’t vape in temp control, I will not be covering those settings. There is also a button in this menu called RTC. This allows the user to run a clock on the front screen that has the looks of a high-tech spy watch with the operations of the device (wattage, resistance, and time) across the bottom in a more low key fashion.

SET

The set block is where you will find coil lock, unlock, time, puffs, date, screen timeout, preheat, etc. There are many useful things to tweak in this menu, but they are all very straight forward and the menu is not confusing at all.

INFO

The info block shows the user the battery real time voltage, along with the firmware and hardware of the device.

COLORS

This is self-explanatory, but the color menu allows the user to change the background color design from black, silver green, blue, and brown. All of the background colors are subtle enough to change the appearance without taking away from the spy like look of the screen.

XMlySGi.jpg

VAPING THE ESPION

I have already expressed how I feel about the looks and feel of the device, but none of that matters if it doesn’t vape well. Luckily, this mod holds up to any other mod in its category and does it well. I vape primarily in wattage mode and had no issues running atomizers from 50-120 watts. The ramp time is excellent and can be tweaked a bit more with preheat if needed. Power seems to be nice and stable, and it fires every time. It works exceptionally well with the Procore X tank that came in the kit, but I ran several rdas and rtas on this device without any issues. The centered 510 is a great touch, because it makes everything look symmetrical and balanced. The fire button is in a great location and the whole mod just feels really great in the hand.

PROCORE X TANK OVERVIEW

This kit included the Procore X Sub-ohm tank. It features bottom airflow, 2 or 4 ML capacity, and a hinged top for refilling. The tank overall performs quite well. The flavor is quite good, and the coil life is also excellent. I have been vaping the same skittles flavor in it for quite some time, about 40 mLs, and it still tastes and performs the same as when it was new. I don’t vape sub-ohm tanks much anymore as I usually rebuild my own coils but found myself using this one a lot. It performed above some previous tanks I have owned such as the baby beast, big baby beast, and the cleito. I have yet to experience even the slightest leaking from anywhere on this tank, and that is a huge pro for me. The top fit is also a sweet design choice, as it slides to the side and pops open to reveal two large juice fill holes. I only found a couple of cons with this tank. The drip tip is a proprietary design like a cletio (might even fit those tips) where the chimney comes up into a tip that surrounds it, rather than an insert type such as a 510 or 810. The other con I found was with the glass. I wanted to change it out for the larger glass, but the factory installed short glass was almost impossible to remove. I had to gently pry it off the top portion of the tank to change it. Thankfully no damage occurred, but it was difficult none the less.

ULFA68c.jpg

REVIEW TIME

The Espion comes with all of features that will please most vapers jammed into a device that stands out amongst other 2 battery 200w devices. It is affordable, simple to operate, and super compact, but still has a space to fit a 28mm atomizer thanks to the centered 510 pin. The 510 is placed underneath the housing of the mod, so I don’t foresee any issues with it ever coming loose or falling out. The color screen is well organized and adds to the spy theme quite well. I couldn’t find any flaws with the device other than one little nitpicky thing. The gunmetal version doesn’t match up the greatest to standard black or stainless atomizers, however, the mod is neutral in color, so it doesn’t clash either. The mod does fit a niche market, and I could see some not liking the spy theme of the device. I really enjoy what they did so that is not the case for me. It is refreshing to test something out that has practically no flaws. I can highly recommend this mod to anyone looking for a 200w mod that is a solid performer and has plenty of adjustments to tweak the vaping performance of the device. This is one of my favorite two battery mods to date, and I will continue to use this long into the future.

The Procore X tank is a great sub-ohm tank. It has excellent flavor and coil life. It doesn’t leak, it has a good capacity, and the fill method is done well. I do not know if other brand coils fit this tank off hand, but I don’t know why you would want to when the Joyetech coils work as well as they do! I can also high recommend this tank for those who are looking for a different sub-ohm tank that doesn’t seem to get much press time.

The Joyetech Espion kit can be found online from several retailers with a price range of $46-65. Gearbest had one of the lowest. https://www.gearbest.com/temperature-control-mods/pp_1516481.html

Thank you everyone for reading this review and thank you to Joyetech for providing me with this kit!

Pizza Dave - Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings.

w2AzPjv.jpg

VU Sponsors