Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The Fuchai R7 kit by Sigelei

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s vape reviews. Today I will be going over everything you need to know about the Sigelei Fuchai R7 kit. This device was sent to me by Sigelei for review.

l34Dbls.jpg

INTRODUCTION

The Fuchai R7 is the latest mod released by Sigelei. This dual 18650 device features 230w of max power, temperature control, and a very traditional Sigelei chipset, all jammed into a very unique yet comfortable mod that catches the eye and is easy on the wallet. Let’s dive down into the operation and how it vapes and maybe we shall see if there is “more than meets the eye” with this device.

WHAT YOU GET

- 1 Fuchai R7 mod

- 1 USB Cable

- 1 User Manual,

- 1 Warranty card

- T4 Sub ohm tank

- Spare O rings

- 2 SM2 .4 Ohm Coils

- Available colors include Black, Yellow, White, and Blue

IHjQf1O.jpg

FEATURES

Like stated in my review of the Vcigo K3, Sigelei has been pumping out quite a few mods lately, and all of them have a very unique look and the R7 is no exception. The packaging suggests that the mod is designed to resemble a Transformer, with spoiler and all. Some will love it, and some will hate it, but at least this isn’t a run of the mill device. Sigelei elected to use a chipset that resembles the same one from the Fuchai 213. While dated, this chipset does work for wattage well, so they must be going with the old “if it aint broke, don’t fix it” mentality. I will touch on the operation of this device and move on to how it vapes. If you want to skip all of that, my final thoughts are down at the bottom.

OPERATION

Like many recent Sigelei/Snowwolf mods, the Fuchai R7 features a chipset that has been used time and time again by Sigelei. If you have handled a Sigelei mod over the past few years, chances are you know exactly how to operate this one too. It shows wattage (or temp), resistance, amps, volts on battery, and volts applied to the coil.

Operation and menu systems are as follows:

- 5 clicks on, 5 clicks off

- 3 clicks enters the operations menu where you can select power or temp control modes

- Press fire and the up button will enter the preheat menu

- Press up and down buttons together and it will enter resistance setting for temp control

- NO LOCKING FUNCTION FOR FIRE BUTTON, JUST UP/DOWN LOCK

HOW IT VAPES

First off, this is a wattage device only. If you were hoping Sigelei finally figured out temp control, then this will disappoint. HOWEVER, if you are wattage mode person and like the look of this device then stick around as it works well for that. I usually vape around 80-100W and the Fuchai R7 did everything I wanted out of it. It vaped almost identical to my Fuchai 213 from 2 years ago, while not ground breaking, isn’t terrible. I used the preheat as I like to do, and it works well. It allows me to ramp up coils that are a bit bigger and then back off to a comfortable vape. Temp control is still screwy and just jumps all over, so stick to wattage mode and you will be just fine. I wish they would stop advertising temp control to pull people in when it doesn’t perform temp control at all.

T4 Tank Review

Since we are on the topic of how it vapes, we might as well cover the T4 tank, which is included with the kit. If you read my review regarding the Vcigo K3, I touched lightly on the O9 tank that came in the kit. The T4 tank is very similar to the O9 in the way it performs. The only differences are the style of the tank, a small bump in capacity, and adjustable air flow. This tank has a proprietary Delrin top cap that threads into the metal chimney. I can easily see someone cross threading this top cap during refills, which would then render this tank useless. This tank uses baby beast style coils, which is a great perk because the included SM-2 coils don’t perform that well. There is a chance that with better coils this tank could perform better, but with so many great sub-ohm tanks on the market, I would suggest buying just the mod and avoiding the T4.

9M4pfYY.jpg

Tank Pros

- Matches the mod well thanks to colored O-rings

- Uses baby beast coils which are available everywhere

Tank Cons

- Proprietary tip is plastic and is subject to cross threading during the frequent refills

- 2.5mL of capacity doesn’t last long

- Flavor is weak

- Coil life is worst than any other baby beast style coil I have tried

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

With Kylin on top

kC4cHHO.jpg

Pictured next to Minikin V2

wRzHuRz.jpg

qrsx7V9.jpg

Yellow and white versions

WiX0C66.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

I was pleasantly surprised by this device. It is unique, so I imagine the style won’t be for everyone. The form factor is perfect in my hands and is one of the most comfortable mods I have held in a while. I don’t mind how the batteries slide into the mod, but the battery door is one of the biggest cons on the R7. It is 100% plastic, and it cheapens the feel of the mod. It is not a huge con, but it was a con that jumped out at me right away. The only other con I found personally was in how the fire button looks. None of the fire button colors match the body of the device because they are a colored plastic while the body is painted. The device overall isn’t full of rattles and has decent weight to it, so other than the battery door, it feels well built. So…. do I recommend this mod? Yes, and no. I feel like this mod best suits wattage vapors who are on a budget, or huge fans of Transformers.

PROS

- Color options look great together

- Feels well built (other than battery door)

- Comfortable in hand

- Simple to operate

- No rattles

- Slim form factor

CONS

- Battery door is cheap plastic

- T4 tank is a strong pass, just buy the mod and not the kit

- Transformers theme could be a turn off for some

- Temperature control doesn’t work….. yet it is highly advertised regarding the device

SCdFxbh.jpg

Thank you everyone for reading my review, and thank you to Sigelei/Snowwolf for sending it my way! If this device seems like something you want to try out, I have attached links to where it can be purchased.

Sigelei - $59.99

http://store.sigelei.com/Fuchai-R7-Kit

Myvaporstore - $39.99 for just the mod

https://www.myvaporstore.com/Sigelei-Fuchai-R7-p/sig-fur10.htm

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors