Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The Riftcore DUO rta by Joyetech

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave reviews. Today I will be going over everything you need to know about the Riftcore Duo RTA by Joyetech. This rta was sent to me by Joyetech for review.

INTRODUCTION

The Riftcore Duo is the latest atomizer hitting the market by Joyetech and when something claims to be coil-less and last millions of puffs, it creates quite a buzz in the vaping community! It features RFC heating elements (more on these in detail below), a sliding top for refills, 25mm diameter, roughly 4ml capacity, and semi-rebuildable design. There isn’t a ton of information out there about this as it is still in it’s infancy, so I am going to explain everything the best I can and give you my final thoughts down at the bottom.

8UjVKVA.jpg

WHAT YOU GET

- 1 Riftcore Duo atomizer

- 1 Package of precut cotton strips

- 1 Allen Key

- 1 Instruction manuals

- 1 Warranty card

- 1 Warning Card

- 1 Pack of spare parts (glass, O-rings, etc.)

ZNiStEm.jpg

RFC HEATING ELEMENTS AND SAFETY

Instead of standard coils, the Riftcore duo features two RFC heating elements that are install via set screws. As spoken by Joyetech, “RFC heaters, empowered by the innovative Microtechnology molecule heating system, which heat evenly and conduct faster.” Essentially, these heating elements are two ceramic flat plates with leads coming out of them terminated on the positive and negative terminals via set screws. I know there is a lot of negative buzz about ceramic coils and breathing in the silica caused by break down, but Joyetech is having everything tested for safety before release which shows that they don’t want to release something that will have bad press right out of the box.

hZeo0q1.jpg

CLEANING AND RE-WICKING

I am calling this atomizer “semi-rebuildable” because the heating elements themselves are to stay in place for the entire duration of using this atomizer. The only part that needs replacement is cotton. I, myself went through the rebuilding phase on this and it works well. Once the elements got gunked up, I removed the cotton, heated the elements up to burn off the buildup, dipped in water, and heated one final time. The RFC elements looked almost the same as when I started by using this method and all that was left was to re-wick it. Essentially, the two elements have a small gape between them for a strip of cotton to be placed. I found that standard cotton pads or in included strips worked best as then fit flat between the elements and the posts. A few cautions need to be taken when re-wicking to ensure success. The first is to make sure it is fit snug in between the elements, and the second is to make the cotton long enough to extend beyond the build chamber. Since the deck is open to the top, if the wicks are loose or short they will get sucked up and out of the element section, which allows liquid to pour out the bottom air flow slots.

STEP BY STEP CLEANING HERE:

d96XPjJ.jpg

mS4Alu1.jpg

UCFwmGg.jpg

zrUoh4j.jpg

HOW IT VAPES

With limited information on the market and just a few guidelines by Joyetech, I wasn’t sure how hard to push this device. In the end, I ran this at 60w for a vape that is warm, but very far from hot. I can see that this may not be for the people who like their vape to be more on the warm side, but there is a good chance that I was just being too cautious, and we will find that it can be pushed harder. All that stuff aside, the flavor produced by the RFC elements is very good, and the air flow is super smooth. I went through 20mls of liquid that is on the sweeter side before I felt it was ready for a cleaning. It took me about the same amount of time to clean and re-wick as it does to replace a coil in a prebuilt system, so I can see systems like this being around much more in the future.

FINAL THOUGHTS

The Riftcore DUO has an innovative design that if lives up to the expectations may be a game changer. The flavor from this heating system is quite good and if they last as long as advertised it is a tank that will be cheap to run for years down the road. Re-wicking can be a bit finicky and takes a few tries to get just right, but once done right it wicks great and keeps up to chain vaping with ease. The capacity lasts quite a while, and refills are simple via a sliding top cap. I had to look hard for cons on this device but there are a few. To slide the top cap open, the drip tip must be pulled out slightly or all the way. This is just annoying, but not a deal breaker. The other con is with the wicking and how it has a learning curve to get it right. The last con is the material of the elements. There is a lot of bad press about the safety of these types of coils. Maybe it is fear mongering, maybe it is facts, but until I read the reports I am pulling the reigns back on using this tank to ensure it is safe.

kQtmVXE.jpg

PROS

- Flavor is excellent

- Design looks nice

- Capacity is good for how small the atomizer is overall

- Innovative heating elements

- Comes ready to vape out of box

- Cleanable

- Only need to re-wick to keep on vaping

CONS

- Unknowns about heating element material

- Can be finicky to wick

- Drip tip needs to be removed or pulled out slightly to open the top cap

- No replacement elements included

N35sbKP.jpg

eyFffL3.jpg

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to Joyetech for sending it my way! I don’t see that it is available quite yet, but I am going to assume that it is going to be released for the $40 price range.

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors