Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The Triple II rta by Vandy Vape

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everybody, welcome to Pizza Dave’s vape reviews. Today I will be going over everything you need to know about the Triple II rta by Vandy Vape. As always, I keep my reviews unbiased, but this was sent to me by Vandy Vape for review. The Triple II rta is the latest rta from Vandy Vape and is a modified version of the original Triple rta that released last year. This time around, they enlisted some guidance from none other than YouTube’s Twisted419 (formerly Twisted420). With this came some tweaks to the build deck, air flow, filling system, and some added capacity. This is a beast of an rta, so let’s dive in and see what this has that separates it from the original and I will give you my final thoughts down at the bottom.

PkDnkMn.jpg

bhpGqdb.jpg

WHAT YOU GET

- 1 Triple 2 RTA

- 1 4ml straight glass (pre-installed)

- 1 frosted drip trip (pre-installed)

- 1 7ml Colored bubble glass made of some sort of food grade plastic

- 1 Colored resin tip that matches the bubble glass

- Spare parts bag

- Coil length cutting tool

- 510 adapter

- Available in SS/green, black/blue, rainbow/purple, and gold/yellow

DK53Sfm.jpg

BUILD DECK AND WICKING

I heard many say that the previous version of the Triple rta was a bit difficult to build and wick, but as I never got to try it then I cannot confirm this. However, what I can confirm is that this appears to be much more user friendly. The build deck is changed slightly, with the two outer coils having post screws that come from the ends, and the middle coil from the sides. The previous version had all three on the sides. Anybody that uses flatter builds knows that this isn’t ideal as it can twist the coils. Building on here is rather simple. Vandy Vape included a coil length tool (as seen below) that allows you to precut leads for 3 perfectly matching coils. It takes a little bit of fiddling around to get all three to heat evenly, but with some tweaking and stroking they all work great. There is ample space for coils, so I built it with three 3mm fused Claptons and with two 3.5mm Claptons. Wicking can be the biggest challenge to this rta. There is a happy medium between too much and too little. I never experienced leaking, but with too little cotton the bottom floods and the coils get a bit on the spitty side. With too little of cotton and this much coil, the end result is dry hit city. I firmly pulled standard organic cotton through mine, thinned them down a bit, and stuffed them slightly into the wicking channels. Do not stuff it all the way down, or it will not wick properly. Once wicked right, it is a real performer.

COIL TOOL

eoU1Vwb.jpg

DECK

OAS9alG.jpg

THREE COIL BUILD (.12ohms)

vfLAh8m.jpg

ALL WICKED UP

BbiDMu4.jpg

HOW IT VAPES

One of the changes made to this version is the air flow. This has a bottom air flow like the Kylin Mini and has small holes throughout the bottom rather than a large opening. This equates to some very smooth air flow and excellent flavor. When running with 3 coils the vapor production was ridiculous. The cloud is dense, and flavorful. When running with 2 larger coils, the experience was tapered back some. I experience the same great flavor, but not as much vapor. It also was a little more chest friendly and didn’t fill my lungs as much. I really like the vape that this produces. I went into this thinking it was going to be a cloud chaser, and that is what this is, however, with this much dense vapor comes some excellent flavor. It guzzles the liquid quite a bit, but with bubble glass it has enough capacity to last quite a while.

Shown on top of the Smoant Cylon

AFljxZj.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

I went into this with no previous triple coil experience, but plenty of build experience. I was worried that three coils would be overwhelming but found that it is not much different than any multiple coil build. One just must keep in mind that the resistance when running three coils is 1/3 of that single coil’s resistance. (3 x .30-ohm coils = .10 ohms) I had a little bit of trouble with one post screw and stripped the head out of the Allen head. I eventually got it out, but it is something to keep an eye out for. I saw that some kits come with spare Philips head screws, but mine came with just spare Allen screws. Wicking this may take a few tries, but once it is perfected the performance is top notch. This has no juice flow control, but since the top cap slides open instead of threading down I found that it didn’t force any extra pressure into the tank and cause leaking, even when my cotton was a little too thin. It is a bit on the large side, measuring in at 28mm at the base, but I think that most will find that it doesn’t seem TOO big. If you are considering this, but not sure about three coils, just use two. I ran mine with 2 larger coils for most of my review testing and found that the vape is great and juice consumption is reduced as well. I was never expected to get such good flavor from a tank like this but was pleasantly surprised. I think Vandy Vape made all the right changes to the first one and created a nice, cloudy, flavorful RTA.

SLIDE TO FILL TOP

cuIzjgM.jpg

PROS

- Dense, flavorful clouds galore

- Looks great (but I don’t like the colored bubble glass options)

- Air flow is very smooth

- Price point is good

- Slide to fill top is snug and satisfying to open/close in a weird way

- Works great with 2 or 3 coils

- Lots of juice capacity with bubble glass

CONS

- Wish I could pick the color of bubble glass/tip rather than locked into one color for each material color

- Wicking takes time to perfect

- Grub screws could be larger or beefier

- Large size might not be for everybody

Thank you to everyone for reading my review and thank you to Vandy Vape for sending it to me for review. For more information head on over to the Vandy Vape website. I am seeing this on pre-order at many sites for $30-40, with vapesourcing coming in the lowest.

https://vapesourcing.com/vandyvape-triple-v2-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer.html

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors