Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The vPen by VapeOnly

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s vape reviews. Today I will be doing a short a sweet review of the vPen kit by Vape Only. This device was sent to me by Health Cabin for review.

4PFfkgb.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

INTRODUCTION

The vPen is a new all in one device from the company Vape Only. It takes the pen aspect literally and has a pen cap styled cover which slides over the mouth piece. This is an 8w device, which also features a 390mah battery, two different tips, nicotine capsule and e liquid capable, and is available of white, blue, pink, silver, and black. I will dive down into every aspect of this device and give you my final thoughts down at the bottom.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET

- 1 vPen battery

- 1 vPen atomizer with cap

- 2 vPen Coil 1.3ohm

- 1 Drip tip (metal)

- 1 Drip tip (plastic)

- 1 USB Cable

- 1 User Manual

- Available in blue, pink, silver, black, and white.

2axdc4f.jpg

DESIGN AND OPERATION

Vape Only has been known to make very simple devices that are all geared toward that entry level vaping crowd. This device can run e liquid or nicotine capsules. I don’t know much about the capsules, but they essentially look like an insert that goes right in the drip tip and works like an all in one pod? I elected to go with standard e liquid (25mg) for my review. To fill with e liquid, unscrew the top from the battery, open the reservoir, and pour along the sides of the tank. Pouring along the sides is key to this, as if liquid gets into the coil it will be flooded for quite some time. The coils pull right out from this spot as well, but the tank must be empty to avoid a mess. Charging the device is as easy as plugging a micro USB in the bottom. When the red light goes off, it’s charged. When using, this red LED also shows when the device is firing. There is no fire button on this device, so simply inhale and vape away.

rzb6Wj7.jpg

HOW IT VAPES

The vPen is a simple kit with a few great things going for it. It is small, and simple, and not too overwhelming for a beginner. However, it misses the mark with flavor. It isn’t that the flavor is bad, it is just that there are so many great pods and all in ones however flavor is not one of them. The flavor of this device is quite a bit weaker than many other pods and all in ones that are out today. It is almost like it is just released a bit late to the scene. Vapor production is minimal, so it does work well for those that don’t want to blow a large cloud. Battery life isn’t terrible, as I got through one full “tank” before needing a charge, however I never did run this as my dedicated device. I ended up going back and forth between this and some other starter systems throughout the day.

T3Dk5UN.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

I have had the chance to review many pods and all in ones lately, so I have a good idea of what ones work well and what ones don’t. Unfortunately for the vPen, it is probably one of the weaker devices in this genre. Flavor is superior on devices like the Sourin Air, or Joyetech Exceed Edge. Filling this device is also more finicky than some other devices. One must carefully pour along the sides to avoid coil flooding. To top it off, it has a tiny tank, so it needs filling more often. However, it does have one good selling point. It is very simple to operate and offers a good form factor for someone that wants to make the switch from smoking to vaping. With an inhale to fire operation, it is easy to just grab and puff on. It seems to be well built as well, and it looks quite nice. I can picture this being in a suit jacket or even a front pocket, and the company must feel the same as they are marketing it that way. For me, this device is a pass because it just doesn’t keep up with other all in ones and pods on the market. Some of these newer devices are quite satisfying even for people that have been vaping for a long time, however this one doesn’t not do that. I struggled to use this even for review. When I brought it with me to work for a couple of days, I had to bring other more satisfying devices with just to get through the day. This device will get zero use for me now that the review period is over.

PROS

- Compact size and looks styling

- Simple operation for smokers looking to transition into vaping

- Form factor is more “cigarette-esque”

- Nice viewing window for liquid level

- Available in 5 colors

CONS

- Flavor is weak compared to similar devices

- No battery indication to prewarn of low battery

- Filling the device take a steady hand, and is difficult with dropper bottles

- Liquid reservoir is small

- Dated design

vgKCdJ6.jpg

Thank you all for checking out my review and thank you to Health Cabin for sending it for review. If this seems like something you would want to use, head on over to Health Cabin where it can be purchased for $19.99.

https://www.healthcabin.net/vapeonly-vpen-kit-p/16785.html

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

VU Sponsors