Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The Wall Crawler Kit by Vaptio

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is Pizza Dave reviews and I will be covering everything you need to know about the Wall Crawler Kit by Vaptio. This kit was kindly sent to me by the great folks at Vaptio for this review.

de1703f4d7a5b97ee16d14b4719c2d07.jpg

0b57945383344d8d6596cdb0cb71a9ab.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180127/41af124480fe997695046302db07d471.jpg[/

First Impressions

I was a bit suprised when I saw that Vaptio made the bold move to create a mod based on Spiderman, but they did it with some subtlety that makes it look great and not too geared for the younger crowd. The biggest standout on power up is a great looking screen, so kudos to Vaptio for going all in with the colored display. the mod body itself looks good in all color schemes, and like with all Vaptio products, it feels as if it built with great quality. The kit includes the Throne tank, spare parts, usb cord, and a well written manual which is easy to understand.

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180127/2ab9d0f0a66b7815561fe3b6b3bfb218.jpg

Mod Review

The obvious standout is the spiderman imagery used on the device, but the overall design is quite functional. The Wall Crawler features a very nice color screen. It is vivid, bright and large, and shows you everything you need to know with great clarity. However, I wish they would have done a bit more with the color on the main screen. There is color on the menus, and startup screen, but the main screen is mostly white with a colored ring around it. The menu has an option for “theme” so I a hoping Vaptio releases some updates that allow the user to do some backgrounds or a spiderman theme on it. The menus are simple and easily navigated with 3 clicks of the fire button. Setting up watt/temp curves is easy thanks to the large screen, and that is a huge plus. The Vaptio N1 had a screen that was way too small to do curves on, so they stepped their game up with the Wall Crawler for sure. The device has a side fire button that is done really well. The web design gives it a great grip and it takes just the right amount of pressure to fire the mod. The up/down buttons are solid, and clicky. There are not rattles from this devices at all, which makes it feel so solid and well built in the hand. I ran this device around 50-70W and it performs great at those levels. Vaptio doesn’t attempt to overstate its power, and cap it off at 80W. I feel like this is a good move as some competitors are selling 100W devices that don’t really perform to that mark well (Ijoy Capo). It gave me a pleasant vape every time, until the battery got down to 2 bars. You could tell there was a drop off, and that was expected out of a single battery mod like this. It is a great mod for that 50 to 70w mark, which makes it a great pairing for the included Throne tank, which I will talk about next.

Here are a few pictures showing the size comparison with a minikin v2.

6f1ed6a8a154f57c33d2c4e880e89c9b.jpg

53ddee6b9a892a3cac31fd39a1470ad3.jpg

Throne Tank Review

The Throne tanks looks caught my eye first. It has some crazy edges and lines that definitely make it look medieval. It not only looks great, but Vaptio implemented alot of new design features to a subohm tank. The first feature I liked was how Vaptio implemented a juice flow control to a subohm tank. When you unscrew the top cap, the juice flow control closes the tank from the wicking holes of the prebuilt coil. This should reduce leaning during refills, but I also found it to serve a few purposes. The first was during coils changes. This juice flow closes, and allows you to pull the coil straight up and out with minimal leaking. I also found that this juice flow helps control leaking when the tank sits. I had 75/25 juice in my tank and it leaked over night. From then on out, I closed the juice flow when it sat and that minimized the leaking for sure. Vaptio also put a soft ring in the top of the tank, where you push your e liquid tip past it and fill to the ring. This helps with leaking and helps holds the glass in place. This works well, but can be a bit tricky with large bottles. Flavor from the Throne tank is good. It vapes very similar to a Smok Baby Beast, except coil life seems to be much better. I vaped about 16 mls of juice with this tank and flavor is still great, and the coil still looks to be in good condition. I have a few cons with this tank. One is the juice capacity of 2ml, which doesn't take long to vape through. The other con is that it leaked a lot when sitting, until I closed the juice flow off.

Final Thoughts

The Wall Crawler is another great kit from Vaptio. They make well built products that look great and function really well. I found myself really enjoying this mod. The device feels great in the hand and is very portable. I usually struggle to enjoy single battery mods due to life throughout a work day, but this ran all day at 50w for me. This is a great mod for beginners and intermediate vapers. It will definitely appeal to spiderman fans and comic fans alike and it looks like Vaptio is going to continue to innovate and create devices that appeal to a wide range of vapers.

41af124480fe997695046302db07d471.jpg

This kit can be found on Vaptio.com for $75.

https://vaptio.com/catalogue/wall-crawler-kit_986/

Thank you all for reading This has been Pizza Dave Reviews - delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors