Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The Wormhole RDA by Vapefly

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everybody, welcome to Pizza Dave’s vape reviews. Today I will be going over everything you need to know about the Wormhole RDA by Vapefly. As always, I will keep my reviews unbiased, but this RDA was sent to me by Vapefly for review. The Wormhole RDA is the latest from the company Vapefly. It introduces some innovation with air flow in the form of their “wormhole.” Not only does this use typical side air flow, but it also allows for air to hit the inner side of the coils as well. I like where Vapefly is coming from here, but let’s dive down in to what you will receive and all you need to know.

TXnR5pU.jpg

WHAT YOU GET

- 1 Wormhole RDA

- 1 510 adapter

- 1 Screw driver

- 2 Air flow control assemblies

- 1 bag of cotton

- 2 NI80 fused Claptons

- 1 Allen Key

- 1 Manual

- 1 pack of spare parts (O-rings, screws, pins)

LOVdKEC.jpg

MbISEu2.jpg

BUILD DECK

The Wormhole build deck is a dual clamp style. The clamps move up and down with the post screws which helps immensely with coils installation. It is simple to build on with the only precaution being to ensure that the coils are the same general thickness. I never had issues placing some simple fused Claptons in this deck and it went together very smoothly. Overall, it is a decent deck to build on and there is adequate space within for decent sized coils. Wicking is as basic as it gets, with a large area to tuck the wicks down with ease.

Gf8QAwG.jpg

gRlrHgc.jpg

MtRP3ek.jpg

ndLv9EM.jpg

AIRFLOW

Air flow is a big part of why the wormhole got its name. It has a single air channel through one side that flows into the center of the posts. The post has an air flow control assembly that fits over it, and this has holes that direct the air from the post outward to the coils. For single coil use, there is a second air flow control clamp that has just one side open. The barrel of this rda has 3 air flow openings. 2 of them have larger ports, for dual coil operation, and one has smaller ports for single coil operation. The upper part of the assembly has a cutout which blocks some of these air flow holes for adjustment. It doesn’t allow for a ton of control, but it does allow for some. I never did run this in single coil mode, so I will be focusing on how it runs in dual coil mode. So now that you know how this thing ticks, lets see how it vapes.

wCs4C0t.jpg

HOW IT VAPES

Vapefly introduced a lot of innovation with this design, but some components just don’t pay off. One thing I did find is that the wormhole portion is a bit of a waste. I found that the flavor was best when using the basic side air flow of this rda. On the bright side, it is a dang good performer. It throws one heck of a cloud, and the flavor isn’t half bad either. It is not the airiest rda on the market, but it vapes very smooth and the clouds are dense and satisfying. I ran this as a squonker and a dripper, and feel it is best suited as a dripper. The deck has a large juice well, so you can vape and drip less often. Since the squonk pin is elevated, it doesn’t completely suck the excess back when the bottle is released.

4yHmAJu.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

The Wormhole has a lot of air flow options, but Vapefly could have kept it simple with basic side air flow and I would have been plenty satisfied. The flavor may not be quite as good as some other rdas on the market, but it is not a slouch by any means. The air flow is smooth and swooshy, it doesn’t feel turbulent at all, and it produces a cloud that is above and beyond anything I expected. I never used the wormhole air flow option as it mutes the flavor and introduces an odd “feel” as air flow pulls from one side. I feel that this is best used as a dripper, as the juice well is deep and holds fair amount of liquid in the well during squonking. Overall, I think this is a decent rda with a few subjective cons, but nothing that stands out as a huge con per say. I like that Vapefly is trying to do something new and different and look forward to what comes from them in the future.

PROS

- Good Flavor

- Simple build deck

- Effortless wicking

- Lots of air flow options

- Single coil option

- Comes with squonk pin

- Cheap price

- Everything included in box to get right to vaping

CONS

- Wormhole air flow doesn’t “work”

- Clear top cap looks dirty after vaping for a while (wouldn’t be as noticeable on Ultem and smoked caps)

- Not a ton of air flow adjustment on the side air flow

Thank you to everyone for reading my review and thank you to Vapefly for providing me with this RTA for review. I found this on the internet ranging from $25-40. For more information, head on over to the Vapefly website.

http://www.vapefly.net/vapefly-wormhole-rda/

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors