Become a Patron!

Pizzadave Reviews - The Turbo L RDTA by Vaptio

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone. Today I will be reviewing the Turbo-L RDTA by Vaptio. This sexy piece of hardware was sent to me by Vaptio/Vivakita for review.

1db322f058285f05599831565f827413.jpg

First Impression

The first thought that came to my head was, damn this thing looks cool. I am a huge fan of red/black hardware, so I am a bit biased when it comes to this color combination. The device comes with a lot of spare parts, which would help to keep this in your rotation even if you are hard on equipment. Once I got it out of the box, I did spot the biggest flaw of this RDTA, which is the loose fit of all parts on o-rings. This was an instant let down, since I looked forward to using this device ever since I first saw it come out. Anyways, on to the build deck and design.

8f50cd2fe76c4486df6ea37b0896251b.jpg

Design

The Turbo-L is your pretty standard RDTA and is not much different than a Limitless Plus RDTA. It has a large velocity style deck, it is 25MM in diameter, and it even has the same side fill method as the Limitless. The only real difference in the two is the air flow ring and drip tip, and the previously mentioned fitment problems. Building on this velocity deck is simple, and I still feel velocity is the best deck for a beginner to build on. Wicking is not difficult either. As with RDTAs that are configured in this fashion, it is best to cut them just lock enough to get into the tank section. They will wick naturally when you tip the device to vape, and the shorter which leads to a shorter path to the coil. This reduces dry hits, and saves you cotton! The air flow ring allows for a ton of air flow control, but it is very loose and pulls completely off the device with the slightest tug. It also moves around easily and I had to keep moving it back to where I wanted it.

52bcd1182d3e3fa14a243819bd8e76c6.jpg

So Pizza, How does it vape?

The short answer is – Good, but not great. The flavor might be slightly ahead of a Limitless Plus, but not by much. It does allow for a lot of air flow control, so you can dial in your preference nicely. The spit back preventer does do its job, but it also causes juice to pool up in the top of the chamber, which makes for a juice mess when taking the top off at all. I removed this gimmick and it vapes just fine without. Since the design is similar to a Limitless, I was not surprised to see juice around the sides of the device when popping the top to fill, but it happens every time. This type of tank is far from leak resistant, with the same type of leaks I have seen on an RDTA in this style. I left it lay over night on its side, and as expected juice comes up the wicking holes and pools in the air chamber and some leaked out. Not a real shocker, but its 2018, and there are so many options for rebuildable tanks that don’t leak so easily.

e314bf71e87abe30d0982edb82039db2.jpg

RDA Option

I used it for a while as an RDTA, and decided to try it out as an RDA. It vapes the same whether you have it setup as an RDA or RDTA, and I felt it to be kind of odd that they give you this setup option, but at least it would allow you to keep on vaping if you broke your glass! In the RDA configuration it still has a decent amount of juice capacity under the deck, similar to a Geekvape Medusa. I dripped a lot of liquid into it, which kept on going down into the juice well and I didn’t have to drip it for a long time after. I have several other RDAs that have better flavor, so it will be more than likely used as an RDTA for me.

7d543db9720a35bf813c942819630167.jpg

ef3919498193637270743b6f4b5ae47a.jpg

Conclusion

This is the first rebuildable atomizer that I have seen released by Vaptio. While it is better than quite a few rebuildables I have tried, it just doesn’t excite me as much as I’d hoped. It is a rehashed design of the Limitless, with small changes to call it their own. While I feel it does look killer, it’s all been done before, and done better. The loose-fitting air flow ring made it hardly useable because of the constant movement and fear of it just falling off. Different O-rings may be a solution, but this is a simple thing that shouldn’t happen from a good company. It does come with a lot of parts, including two sets of nice Clapton coils, which is always a nice inclusion. It looks great, but it misses the mark on innovation and quality for me. Sadly, I see this tank spending lots of time on my vape shelf.

50a32027f165367d7c465d86797a8e91.jpg

Thank you all for reading my review. If my small quirrels with this RDTA didn’t turn you off, head on over to Vaptio.com, where it can be found for $32.

https://vaptio.com/productbuy/productbuy_87/

PizzaDave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors