Plan to let schools destroy seized e-cigarettes approved

Discussion in '#BANTHIS' started by lordmage, Nov 21, 2019.

1. lordmage

lordmage Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    https://apnews.com/697c053689fb4734bbac1d4fd248e449

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Amid increasing concern about vaping, a panel of Utah lawmakers on Wednesday approved a proposal to allow schools to destroy confiscated e-cigarette devices.

The proposal is expected to be considered by the full Utah House of Representatives during the 2020 session before going to the state Senate.

Nearly 10 percent of Utah students in sixth grade through high school, or about 30,000 kids, reported vaping over the last month, a higher number than those who reported using MJ, alcohol and prescription drugs, according to school survey data.

more cherry picked data i bet.

Rhianne likes this.
  2. Vape Fan

Vape Fan More like I am now, than I was before VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    'Many teenagers think they are simply inhaling flavored water when they use e-cigarettes, not realizing the danger of nicotine addiction or lung illness, she said.'
    I can imagine the criteria used to make that :rolleyes: statement.

3. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Lots of crap in the article.
    I however have no problem with underage in possession of vape gear or tobacco, booze, etc being having it seized and trashed.
    I think they should also be fined.

with the hardheaded youth no pain no learn.

Rhianne and Letitia9 like this.
  4. Rhianne

Rhianne Diamond Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    These same kids that are vaping Juuls with 59mg nic salts? They had no idea, right? :huh:

Vape Fan likes this.