Become a Patron!

playing with a zeus build

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
vaping low wattage 16 to 18 watts 3mm coil , 1.2 ohms . I feel the air from all the top holes in the air channel are not in the right place . the air should enter more towards the bottom . the flavor was all washed out . so I blocked them with a small piece of cotton . twisted most of it , passed through hole in air channel pulled tight to hold cut inside but leave enough to hold it in . thinn out a little and tuck nto air channel to block the upper holes but leave enough to air to pass down . whow what a difference ! made it a different animal !
nice draw , nice flavor , and clouds are fine to next time I will do something more permanent

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's good to know.. I saw some YT's of it and that was the first thought I had "I wonder if I have any thread/twine to fit those holes?"

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
That's good to know.. I saw some YT's of it and that was the first thought I had "I wonder if I have any thread/twine to fit those holes?"
don't know if That would work ...I was going to try some food grade silicone I was using to make plugs to Block one side of dual attomisers.or temted to try even silver solder got some which has a pretty low melting point and works great on stainless steel . have to look at how far I can take it apart to take the heating .

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I've not got any of that silicone at hand - it tends to dry up if unused. Silver solder still has some lead (or some other low-temp metal) in it, methinks - and that isn't a good combo: leaching. I'd also thought about tiny screws - then realized any I had would be trash years and the whole country behind me.

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I've not got any of that silicone at hand - it tends to dry up if unused. Silver solder still has some lead (or some other low-temp metal) in it, methinks - and that isn't a good combo: leaching. I'd also thought about tiny screws - then realized any I had would be trash years and the whole country behind me.
the silver solder I got is made to be food save for food and water containers , but you are probably right ...like the idea of using screws !! ….rivets ?

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, in my experience, rivets are made of AL or CU - and last I read those "leach" nastiness.

I honestly would love to say "silver solder is fine" - but I just don't know what metals/chems are in it beyond silver.

You may well be best off with the original wick-stuffing or silicone ideas: worse case, you can just remove it.

Or, perhaps just weave a length of SS wire thru the holes that you deem excessive and call it a day.

VU Sponsors