Become a Patron!

Please correct me if I'm wrong

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Local guy was telling me he runs 180w on a single 18650 mech. I asked him why and how...he tells me with a .08ohm coil.

I told him he was drawing huge current and it was dangerous.

He follows it up with..I know my shit, and wouldn't vape it if it'd blow up....because it's double the battery amp rating

Then he proceeds to tell me he runs .28 ohms on a series mech...and that's 190w. I explained it should be closer to 250w/30A and his voltage (if true series) should be 8.4. This build isn't really dangerous....but his attitude about it seems dangerous...?

Am I wrong with my calculations?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He also told me he's safer because he wraps his own batteries and they are better than factory.
.hahahahaha

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
BOOM Some day he'll have his own you tube video and help denigrate vapings image even farther.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Or he'll make national new like the last moron I saw on Dateline who had 18650's explode in his pocket. Ya, that was yesterday. More great publicity for us.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Welcome to the cloud blowing hipster scenario even some people that work at vape shops know dick its pretty sad and it seems to be getting worse not better
the problem with vape shops is its the same as any retail store. you don't expect gamestop employees to know about every game, you don't expect best buy employees to know about every TV. Most people working at vape shops are pretty much kids. at least on the early side of their 20s and it's just a job to them. not a hobby like it is to us. I just wish they would admit they don't know instead of spewing incorrect info.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Local guy was telling me he runs 180w on a single 18650 mech. I asked him why and how...he tells me with a .08ohm coil.

I told him he was drawing huge current and it was dangerous.

He follows it up with..I know my shit, and wouldn't vape it if it'd blow up....because it's double the battery amp rating

Then he proceeds to tell me he runs .28 ohms on a series mech...and that's 190w. I explained it should be closer to 250w/30A and his voltage (if true series) should be 8.4. This build isn't really dangerous....but his attitude about it seems dangerous...?

Am I wrong with my calculations?

He also told me he's safer because he wraps his own batteries and they are better than factory.
.hahahahaha

He's a fucking Moron who pretends to know what the fuck he's talking about. I'd say it's safe to ASSume he's using eFest.

There's always some voltage drop and sag, with his series build I'd say with a decent series Mech it's more like 8v which with a 0.28Ω build is pushing 29a @ 229W. Depends on batteries he's using, but I guess his magical battery wraps gives his shitty eFest's the extra Amps they need ..........

His single tube @ .08Ω is pushing 50a, dumshit. But if he takes quick 1-2 sec pulls and let's it rest a few minutes between pulls is why he might get away with it, but I doubt he does.

Yeah he's going to vent and I'd guess to say he has vented before and if he deny's it he's full of shit.

There's huge battery sag when you go super sub-ohm and the huge danger is going below 2.8v when sagging, that's when damage to the battery hits. Depending on how much damage is done to the battery the metal inside the battery can actually plate the inside and battery could just all of a sudden hard short just sitting there doing nothing. Hard short = thermal runaway, then no venting just actual BOOM.

Yeah he's a fucking fool if he doesn't know any of this shit which by what you describe he doesn't. I guess it's his super secret magic battery wraps will protect him ........

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I hope you left immediately before he had a chance to fire up that build. No need putting yourself in danger cause some dumb fuck wants to put a pipe bomb to his mouth.

VU Sponsors