Become a Patron!

Please email Nolanville City Council !

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
After watching the news last night I became aware of a new proposed ordinance to ban smoking and e-cig use in cars in Nolanville, Tx. Now, the highway that passes through this town has recently been deemed an interstate. So we have more people driving through. PLEASE email their City Hall opposing this new “law”. Here's the information taken from kdhnews.com and KXXV News channel 25:
email address for cityhall:
[email protected]

"
The City Council meeting last (Thursday) night started off with a diatribe against smoking.

It turned out the council is considering an ordinance against smoking in vehicles in Nolanville.

If that ordinance is passed, the locals would wait until they were out of town to light up. So what is the point of such an ordinance?

Well, I-14 runs through town. Can you imagine the amount of money that could be made on I-14? At the minimum, it would take one cop on eastbound lanes and one cop on westbound lanes 24-7-365.

Figure a minimum of two tickets per hour per cop. That’s 96 tickets per day times 365. That’s 35,040 tickets per year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News channel 25 KXXV

NOLANVILLE, TX (KXXV) -
One Central Texas city wants to tighten up its smoking restrictions.

"I started smoking when I was in high school. Everybody smoked. My parents smoked, all their friends, everybody smoked, including my friends in high school. We didn't know any better," Joan Hinshaw, a Nolanville city Councilmember said.

Hinshaw smoked for 30 years before quitting.

"I wish I'd known then what I know now," Hinshaw said.

That's why Hinshaw is fighting to revise the current smoking ordinance for Nolanville along with the rest of the city council.

The revisions of the smoking ordinance are: To ban smoking in public areas, require a separate ventilation system for smoking sections in restaurants and make it illegal to smoke in a car where minors are present.

"Smoking in a car, you're really concentrating smoke in a very small area and children don't have the power to tell you to quit smoking," Hinshaw said.

"As a child, I asked my dad to stop and it never happened. He always told me he'd stop whenever he wanted to," Lynn Bilberry, another city Councilmember, said.

But not everyone supports the changes to the law.

"The way I see it, as long as you're not bothering anybody and you know, somebody hasn't said like 'hey I have asthma or I'm allergic to cigarette smoke,' what I do in public, they shouldn't be able to control that," Jeremy Bankirk said.

The new smoking policies will include all forms of tobacco, even E-cigs.

"We have a lot of people who drive through our town on I-14 and 439, and we're not looking to make millions of dollars off of this each year," Bilberry said.

There will be a probationary period before citations are written after the law goes into effect.

"We're gonna give people time to get used to the law, and if Nolanville becomes known as a place where you can get ticketed for smoking with children in your car, great," Hinshaw said.

There is a public hearing about the smoking ordinance is on July 19."

Copyright 2018 KXXV. All rights reserved.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
sounds like a bunch of theives trying to make money behind the mask of virtue signalling leftist clap trap......where have I seen that before.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
sounds like a bunch of theives trying to make money behind the mask of virtue signalling leftist clap trap......where have I seen that before.
Oh yes. And Nolanville has a history of problems.
2016 - Former Nolanville Police Chief Gary Kent, who announced Wednesday he was resigning from the job, had been subjected to corrective actions on his job twice this year stemming from allegations he harassed female police officers and violated police policies.
2013 - BELTON — Former Nolanville Mayor Charlie Lee Stewart was sentenced Tuesday to 60 years in prison for continuous sexual abuse of a child.
2009 - Small town texas police department runs a highway robbery ring ...
https://www.corvetteforum.com › ... › Off Topic › Off Topic
https://www.google.com/search?safe=...i22i30k1j33i21k1j33i22i29i30k1.0.O5dtDSRWisk#
May 5, 2009 - And I thought it would be another story of cops writing speeding or .... live in Kempner, TX and actually got a $350 speeding ticket in Nolanville.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh yes. And Nolanville has a history of problems.
2016 - Former Nolanville Police Chief Gary Kent, who announced Wednesday he was resigning from the job, had been subjected to corrective actions on his job twice this year stemming from allegations he harassed female police officers and violated police policies.
2013 - BELTON — Former Nolanville Mayor Charlie Lee Stewart was sentenced Tuesday to 60 years in prison for continuous sexual abuse of a child.
2009 - Small town texas police department runs a highway robbery ring ...
https://www.corvetteforum.com › ... › Off Topic › Off Topic
May 5, 2009 - And I thought it would be another story of cops writing speeding or .... live in Kempner, TX and actually got a $350 speeding ticket in Nolanville.
I'm from the goverment and I'm here to help.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
1. I Totally support banning cigarette smoking in cars when children are present. I will even support it if vaping is linked to it, unfortunate and misguided as the link is. It's actually banned in my state, but has 0 enforcement as far as I can tell.

2. I don't live anywhere near there and will never drive through there

Sorry!

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Your introduction and the first news story left out a huge part of it

"The revisions of the smoking ordinance are: To ban smoking in public areas, require a separate ventilation system for smoking sections in restaurants and make it illegal to smoke in a car where minors are present."

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wrote them, pointed out VU was flooded with posts, praised their wonderful plans, and went back to vaping.

(But I did insist smoking in the car with kids was good for the miserable grubs)

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anything over $20 you have the constitutional right to a jury trial. Simply enough people could clog their legal system up

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I try not get involved in other states/towns business. Unless something is unconstitutional, it's up to the residence of said town what their laws are. No disrespect but I want no outside influence on my county decisions so I generally don't try to influence others.

VU Sponsors