Become a Patron!

Please explain...

GeorgeTz6

Member For 2 Years
So, I have a kind of a weird question...
I read in an article that nicotine releases adrenaline in the brain...
But when I vape, especialy late at night I feel an extreme feeling of euphoria, but how can this be possible, when nicotine releases adrenaline?
Shouldn't it make me feel anxious ?

BTW, I'm trying to make this thread while buzzing out my ass.... Like, really, really buzzin' .....

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Actually the metabolism of nicotine is very complicated, and adrenaline is only one of the chemicals involved. Nicotine seems to work on the brain's reward centers, using the neurotransmitter dopamine, in concert with the nicotine and probably with other "feel-good" brain chemicals like serotonin. There is a small amount of metabolic increase, which is where the adrenaline comes in, but the adrenal glands are not in the brain, they're actually just above the kidneys. :D You can actually feel that release in your back, in an extreme-stress situation. But because of the reward-center activity, the brain's own feel-good chemicals, coupled with nicotine ability to coordinate a lot of other neurochemical activity, it does contribute to relaxation and pleasurable feelings -- why'd you think we all got hooked on cigarettes? :D It wasn't because smoking made us anxious -- it RELIEVED those feelings! :giggle:

Andria

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Nic is a stimulant so getting insomnia can happen if your a heavy vaper vaping too much before bed. Some of the fruits and mints have something in them also that are partial cause to insomnia. Easy fix...just control the vaping later at night, vape lower nic juices or higher ohm coils. It takes time for the nic to absorb into the body, unlike the "Ahhhh" moment you get from cigs its easy to overnic with your first morning vapes and give yourself a headache that kinda sticks around all day.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Note the treatment for hyper activity is often stimulant type drugs......

And sedatives they treatment for depression.......

Science is confusingly UNSETTLE able.... because it is full of contradictions.......

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@GeorgeTz6 while none of us are doctors or scientific researchers and this is only speculation but have you thought about being Euphoric because vaping gives you satisfaction? Maybe you have just found the ultimate sweet spot many are still pursuing? Just my opinion as I am not a Doctor or a Psychologist and do not play one on the Internet.

VU Sponsors