Become a Patron!

Please help! Best Coil for Flavor in Subbox Nano?

~dreamcatcher

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Please, I have read and read and I am soooo frustrated:(. I'm a Licensed Clinical Social Worker running around the city of Boston, so this kind of takes A LOT!
I'm getting a Subbox Nano after YEARS of vaping... I've not yet ventured into the world of Sub-ohm. I know HERE is a place where i will get HELP. This is a quest for FLAVOR! Please, will someone tell me which type of coil I should buy for the BEST FLAVOR for this tank? I just need to order the things and get this all over with and on the way... I've gone so back and forth with which this, which that... umph! This little kit seems as if it could be a flavor fix, but now, it's just the COIL. You all have great answers. I can't see myself EVER coming even close to making, wicking, anything-ing a coil... That said, could somebody please have mercy and tell me WHICH BOX to buy?
Thank you so much for this anticipated answer... you have NO IDEA how much it will help me to just close this whole deal.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Please, I have read and read and I am soooo frustrated:(. I'm a Licensed Clinical Social Worker running around the city of Boston, so this kind of takes A LOT!
I'm getting a Subbox Nano after YEARS of vaping... I've not yet ventured into the world of Sub-ohm. I know HERE is a place where i will get HELP. This is a quest for FLAVOR! Please, will someone tell me which type of coil I should buy for the BEST FLAVOR for this tank? I just need to order the things and get this all over with and on the way... I've gone so back and forth with which this, which that... umph! This little kit seems as if it could be a flavor fix, but now, it's just the COIL. You all have great answers. I can't see myself EVER coming even close to making, wicking, anything-ing a coil... That said, could somebody please have mercy and tell me WHICH BOX to buy?
Thank you so much for this anticipated answer... you have NO IDEA how much it will help me to just close this whole deal.

What are you looking to spend. Are you just looking for a new tank or a mod as well? What type of vaper are you? TC or wattage? Mtl or Dl?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

~dreamcatcher

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm sorry, I never saw this. No, I just need coils for the Subbox Nani

~dreamcatcher

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im sorry, Nano.... you can, perhaps, tell how frustrated I've become over this whole thing

~dreamcatcher

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Right now, I'm using and have been for years, my istick and Aspire Mini tanks, Triton and Nautilus with 1 8 Clapton Coils... Taking the sub-ohm dive for flavor... Decided on the Subbox Nano for now, I'm small for now 5', with teeny habds... set up similar size... it was just my easiest option after so much thought about a Pico and another small tank. Instead if circles, I just decided on cheaper, easier at this point. Knowing what type of coils to order fir flavor with this tank is pretty much the information I'm looking for now. I'd really appreciate the help! I've read soooo much! Seems the 1.5 OCC was once best for flavor, but leaking and short life span has opened the door for better options, SSOCC.... Knowing the best ohms to go with would be great! OR if you knew of another coil within that price area that would be better, wonderful... thank you so much!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The best Subtank coils I have ever use are the one from Atom Vapes. They're a little bit pricier than other coils but the flavor is better as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

~dreamcatcher

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wattage, and mouth to lung, I suppose? It's hard for me to call or understand?

~dreamcatcher

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That flew out... no SSOCC or anything that would cross the board with a regular Subbox, I just realized that that's what my brother in law had and gave to my husband.... if I could buy the same coil type, that would be great! If I could buy the coils from one of the vendors I go to for juice to start off with, better...

~dreamcatcher

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Knowledge of what ohm, definitely a need to know

Warfcat

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Just pick up coils for a subtank mini by kangertech and put them in the nano. If you want Claptons that will fit into the kanger nano. You have to buy aftermarket mini or nano coils. Just search in Google. Kangertech clapton coils. Make sure they are for the mini or nano

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Warfcat

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Wattage is the temp at which the e juice is cooked and turned into vapor by the coil. By using mini coils in your nano. You will be able to put it up to 40 or 50 watts on your device. Because the coil can handle that. Thus better flavor.

May I also suggest a higher pg juice and quality brand

~dreamcatcher

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm just looking for the correct ohm for flavor? I've read that with OCC coils 1.5 would be better for flavor.... but SSOCC coils are better overall and replacing the OCCs... if I just knew what ohm coil in the SSOCC coils would be best, or if Clapton coils and what ohm would be better. I can't recall the price difference.

Warfcat

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Your listening to what you read instead of what I'm telling you. And your here because you said you don't know and just want an answer. 1.5 ohms generally run on a lower wattage. Meaning less vapor and less airflow and therefore less flavor. .5 ohm coils allow for higher wattage and therefore more vapor. What you need like I said is a aftermarket clapton. Doesn't even really matter if it's. 5 or 1.5. Occ means nothing it means organic cotton coil and ss means stainless steel which also means nothing. I will post a link of the coils I'm talking about.
Kanger also sells Claptons.

http://vaping360.com/atom-vapes-gclapton-gold-plated-coils-review/

Warfcat

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Claptons produce most flavor. And . 3 ohm or . 5ohm produce most vapor. So best flavor. . 5 claptons

~dreamcatcher

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The concern with Clapton is possible spitting.... I don't like a warm vape and don't vape at higher wattages, generally... Over the past years with isticks of different wattages hanging around as well as Mini Aspire tanks, I do now use Clapton coils without the 1.8 ohm resistance. Generally, I don't vape over 13 watts as even with high VG juices, I get a burnt flavor. I'm thinking that it's just the vaping style I have, maybe pulling to hard on the draw for too long or "chain vaping" (3:5 pulls in minutes... when the tank gets hot, I stop or not let it set.. that way... I'm thinking of just starting with done OCC .5 resistance coils because that's what the vendor with whom I have the credits offer.... when it comes time for box #2, I'll have a better idea of how that worked on the flavor tip for me.... because of finances, I try to stick with vendors with very reasonable prices, but with the higher VG levels, as most are subohming now, allow less room for flavor, hence the plunge to subohm, higher wattage, lower resistance may give me better flavor? This will be my last real investment in a mod for a while (I hope) $ is REALLY tight right now :(. Thank you so for your advice ... maybe now that you know my goal.... The option for the BEST FLAVOR, LEAST CONFUSION? And the most value for the $ (really what makes the most sense to increase my vaping experience in terms of TASTING MY JUICE! Many thanks for all of your help!

Warfcat

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Your a very complicated lady lol. How much did you spend on your juice. And what is the pg vg ratio. This could be your culprit. I've bought 10 dollar juices and they have a weird flavor. Maybe this is your burnt taste. Also even if your subohming if you choose say a 50/50 pg vg juice. Your going to get better flavor. Your mod is fine. What does it go up to in wattage? The vendor is correct a. 5ohm occ coil is your best bet then especially if you don't want a clapton. A money saving tip is to buy 1 coil at a time. Find a vendor that will do this for you. Make sure the coil is between 15 and 40 watts. That's why I suggested the mini coils instead of the nano. I assume your using a kanger subbox?

~dreamcatcher

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will be... it will be my first sub-ohm kit after vaping for 3: years using isticks of different wattages and Mini Aspire tanks.... we'll see if I can again taste my juice with a sub-ohm set up? Is there a juice vendor you recommend? Fruity, candy, sweet is my profile?

Warfcat

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes there is an amazing juice called apachi by halcyon it's peach and apricot with sweetness. Best juice I ever had.
Other then that there is twist by dripped. And this might be a Canadian only brand but either spellbound or messiah by illusions.

~dreamcatcher

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So, just go to go halcyon website and look??? Usually, I try to get all of my juices from 1 vendor... it saves on shipping I know some vendors who may carry it, but I'll be paying $30 a bottle? No can do. But peach/apricot sounds good thanks for the heads up

Can I just input that I was having the same issue, wanting a good flavor. I ordered the subox nano, it came with a matching purple tank, I hated it. I have been using istick 30w for a year and with it the eleaf gs air 2 tank & coils. The flavor is way way better on my istick. I have since swapped the subox tank with my gs air tank and flavor is 100 percent better

Sent from my C5215 using Tapatalk

~dreamcatcher

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can I just input that I was having the same issue, wanting a good flavor. I ordered the subox nano, it came with a matching purple tank, I hated it. I have been using istick 30w for a year and with it the eleaf gs air 2 tank & coils. The flavor is way way better on my istick. I have since swapped the subox tank with my gs air tank and flavor is 100 percent better

Great! Just what i have @ 5 mostly pink isticks all different wattages (some same) and Mini Aspire tanks years and years ago, jumping up from my initial ego kitb6y6initially putting down cigarettes after 20 years, to VV/VV ego set up..... That what I chose for my set-up, set-up and it hasn't changed... I can no longer TASTE MY JUICE...
My primary juice vendor changed something and I tried EVERYTHING to ensure "vapers tounge" was not the issue. I began vaping juice st a higher VG level because my primary hardware vendor had sent samples and they weren't killing my coils within days and did have flavor but selection was limited (I went from 40/60 VG/PG to 70/30, not at all a cloud chaser, but affordable juice from a trusted vendor was the only way I could think of to go. I read about a reasonable vendor with a good reputation, and a even higher max VG/PG level now if 85/25.... finances are ALWAYS at issue! I want to taste my juice and I figured the switch to subohm was the only way to do this??? After 3 years of consciously made the decision nor to, extra cost. So here I am having ordered the setup having been told that the Pico and Melo 3 was a terrible option (also offered in that price range.... but at least I'd have a sub-ohm mod that would eventually take the tank you and others describe ... but I did not and went the other and praying this Nano will work out for me. .. sorry 4 novel... can you recommend and good juice vendors???? A 50/50 ratio would probably serve me best but I'm looking for better flavor in this quest.... thank you so, ~shanna

Great! Just what i have @ 5 mostly pink isticks all different wattages (some same) and Mini Aspire tanks years and years ago, jumping up from my initial ego kitb6y6initially putting down cigarettes after 20 years, to VV/VV ego set up..... That what I chose for my set-up, set-up and it hasn't changed... I can no longer TASTE MY JUICE...
My primary juice vendor changed something and I tried EVERYTHING to ensure "vapers tounge" was not the issue. I began vaping juice st a higher VG level because my primary hardware vendor had sent samples and they weren't killing my coils within days and did have flavor but selection was limited (I went from 40/60 VG/PG to 70/30, not at all a cloud chaser, but affordable juice from a trusted vendor was the only way I could think of to go. I read about a reasonable vendor with a good reputation, and a even higher max VG/PG level now if 85/25.... finances are ALWAYS at issue! I want to taste my juice and I figured the switch to subohm was the only way to do this??? After 3 years of consciously made the decision nor to, extra cost. So here I am having ordered the setup having been told that the Pico and Melo 3 was a terrible option (also offered in that price range.... but at least I'd have a sub-ohm mod that would eventually take the tank you and others describe ... but I did not and went the other and praying this Nano will work out for me. .. sorry 4 novel... can you recommend and good juice vendors???? A 50/50 ratio would probably serve me best but I'm looking for better flavor in this quest.... thank you so, ~shanna

I feel like we are in the exact spot. I have tried expensive juice, all of which I thought tasted terrible, cheap juice, all of which killed my coils fast. I always wanted taste over clouds. I finally found an amazing online dealer, vapewild.com they have juice for 10ml got 2.99, you choose how much vg/pg nicotine flavor boost. For 30ml it's only 6.99. They sell my coils. Anything over 30 ships free and they always include a mystery monthly flavor, a vape it forward flavor and a bonus or two, all at my levels I choose for my order. The best flavor ever. I have never had to put a flavor boost on any, wide selection. I don't buy from anywhere else, ever.
Since you already ordered your new mod, I would highly recommend getting an eleaf gs air 2 tank, on eleaf site is only 12 bucks and coils are 12 for five and last me a week at full flavor.

~dreamcatcher

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you so much....will you help me with ratios and stuff from them, I'm thinking you had to experiment.... for the GS air tank, how many watts is your istick??? Alot of people recommend that I get a Pico kit which comes with a Melo 3, I did not get it because many said it had such a muted flavor ... So I got a Subbox Nano for my first sub-ohm set up? I'm perhaps an idiot... UNLESS your tank is also 30 watts and you're all set??? Your advice is so so helpful! I like fruit flavors not so much desert? What ohm coils do you use??? I'm assuming a 50/50 ratio, you don't add flavor shots? Do you steep it? I've been vaping for 3 years and never took the sub-ohm plunge it's just now. I'm glad you found such a good site!!! Verde Valley Vapes (V3 is good) a SUBOHM TANK, I know or have to believe will bring out the flavor.... its the Zues Juice that I vaped for years and loved with only a 40/60 (VG/PG) ratio, it just got too thin. It once was really flavored and flavors were sooo good . Now the VG ratios are so high EVERYWHERE!!!!! When you have flavor shots and ratios, I get all confused. I've liked juice thst actual companies can get right! But obviouysly, YOU got it right and I REALLY appreciate your passing it on.... (i have found that with some juice, the higher the VG levels are , the better it is on my coils???). But I think 50/50 would be best! At that price, ill be able to experiment! Ok, after that novel, I mixed?... is your istick 30 watts or way above? This would really affect me. I only have 30 watts to deal with, but never vape over like 13. Thanks so much. ~shanna

My istick is a 30w, I use both .75 and 1.2 coils. I have found that the 65/35 vg/pg works the best for the coils, getting a full week of flavor at best taste. I buy two packs of coils every other month. I change mine as soon as its flavor drops and it takes a longer hit to taste. I really only like fruit, some cereals but hate desserts and drinks flavor. I do take the lid off all new bottles for two weeks but I still use them. I only vape at 18w and never use vv, I don't even know what it means really. I only got the subox for a second device but it was a complete waste of money, I would rather use the vape pen I started with. I.feel the higher the wattage the harsher the hit and I like mine smooth and simple

~dreamcatcher

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I feel like we are in the exact spot. I have tried expensive juice, all of which I thought tasted terrible, cheap juice, all of which killed my coils fast. I always wanted taste over clouds. I finally found an amazing online dealer, vapewild.com they have juice for 10ml got 2.99, you choose how much vg/pg nicotine flavor boost. For 30ml it's only 6.99. They sell my coils. Anything over 30 ships free and they always include a mystery monthly flavor, a vape it forward flavor and a bonus or two, all at my levels I choose for my order. The best flavor ever. I have never had to put a flavor boost on any, wide selection. I don't buy from anywhere else, ever.
Since you already ordered your new mod, I would highly recommend getting an eleaf gs air 2 tank, on eleaf site is only 12 bucks and coils are 12 for five and last me a week at full flavor.

My istick is a 30w, I use both .75 and 1.2 coils. I have found that the 65/35 vg/pg works the best for the coils, getting a full week of flavor at best taste. I buy two packs of coils every other month. I change mine as soon as its flavor drops and it takes a longer hit to taste. I really only like fruit, some cereals but hate desserts and drinks flavor. I do take the lid off all new bottles for two weeks but I still use them. I only vape at 18w and never use vv, I don't even know what it means really. I only got the subox for a second device but it was a complete waste of money, I would rather use the vape pen I started with. I.feel the higher the wattage the harsher the hit and I like mine smooth and simple

~dreamcatcher

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Same EXACT thing here! OMG! Same profile bi EVERYTHING! Thank you so much! Coils are specific to tank though? Like what coils would I look for? You're soooo helpful!!! Thank you soooo much!

Same EXACT thing here! OMG! Same profile bi EVERYTHING! Thank you so much! Coils are specific to tank though? Like what coils would I look for? You're soooo helpful!!! Thank you soooo much!

I do but the eleaf gs air coils, I get them from vapewild.com for 11.99 I'm not sure if there are generic ones, but I would think so. Check out that website, great great great juice, I dint by from anywhere else the flavor is the best. They even have diy juice but I keep things simple so I dint fool with that. Since I hate my subox I now have to get another device, and I am Judy going to stick with my trusty Istick, maybe a 40w, but idk anything about temp control and it seems like a hassle

~dreamcatcher

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OMG! Hi Judy. It's nice to talk to you. I wrote you a NOVEL earlier... my phone died and I lost it all:(.

~dreamcatcher

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Judy, Are you still around? I had all this info wanted to share with you over the weekend and with things disappearing here, it just didn't work out. I may do it in email or something and try to copy/paste then it won't be lost. It was about a mod 4 u a vendor, etc. Please write me if you're still interested or around. I've not heard from you? ~s

VU Sponsors