Become a Patron!

please help bvc nautilus coils not lasting

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey all my bvc 1.8 coils not lasting through more than 8 ml. Of e liquid. Using very light colored liquid at 50vg/50pg not vaping over 3.8 or tastes burnt. Battery is a spinner 2 clone. Not chain vaping. Using all airflow holes. I have bought 8 coils in the past 2 1/2 weeks! CAN ANYONE HELP?

skocha361

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Don't let your tank get empty. Prime them well before use. Besides that, I can't imagine why this would happen.

skocha361

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would say not. Sorry I can't be of more help. I went through about 6ml/day and my coils lasted me about 7-10 days. Are you getting the burnt cotton, nasty taste?

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the wire is turning black, there is something in the juice that is building up on the coils. I have a couple flavors that just destroy my heads after as little as a single 5ml tank full. What is the actual flavor? Dark juices do it for sure, but also juices with honey, some sweeteners do it too. You might also consider pumping up the power. I've found that nautilus coils (and the BDC cousins) tend to foul easily when run under 4v.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey all my bvc 1.8 coils not lasting through more than 8 ml. Of e liquid. Using very light colored liquid at 50vg/50pg not vaping over 3.8 or tastes burnt. Battery is a spinner 2 clone. Not chain vaping. Using all airflow holes. I have bought 8 coils in the past 2 1/2 weeks! CAN ANYONE HELP?
Dear god it says not to snort things with them what the heck are you doing to them? I will say that the BVC coils much like Cartos do not really like 50/50 I would suggest 60/40 for the BVC's or you can get a better Vape device and up the voltage I run the BVC's at 4.8 volts with high VG and at 4.3 with 60/40 or whatever juice I have been given

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dear god it says not to snort things with them what the heck are you doing to them? I will say that the BVC coils much like Cartos do not really like 50/50 I would suggest 60/40 for the BVC's or you can get a better Vape device and up the voltage I run the BVC's at 4.8 volts with high VG and at 4.3 with 60/40 or whatever juice I have been given

I have no trouble with 50/50 in mine! You say you're using high VG, so she should be able to to use 50/50!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have no trouble with 50/50 in mine! You say you're using high VG, so she should be able to to use 50/50!
op did not tell us what voltage etc... just because you can use it at 50/50 does not mean she can maybe its not really 50/50 who knows :)

Sounds like a vacuum prob I posted below hope they pay attention

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here try this this works instead of sucking in blow out hard several times then vape see if that stops the problem that should create a vacuum
Ok me done with this thread

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, must have misunderstood the above!
Sorry @AmandaD I get testy from time to time I work from home I edited the post before you posted I makey mistake
I have noticed as of late that the newer BVC coils are not working as well as when they first came out my GF ordered some recently and she was complaining as well I did not look into it I just to her to grab another atomizer hmmm maybe they change somethin then or "You may be right I maybe crazy it just may be a lunatic Im looking for" -- Billy Joel

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No this is no bogus post! I wish to God it were. I'm spending more money on coils than I did cigarettes! I'm just real frustrated. Amanda I talked in depth w Thunderball on this also. I know tank is authentic cuz I verified. Only one shop here. Only sell 1.8 coils. Thunderball said the ratio of pg/vg should not matter. It would b flavors. I was vaping a clear vanilla. 6 mg of nic turned very light yellow. Thing is the others in that shop vape 2x the amount I do and no issues on coils, but they all have mod batteries. Idk.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No this is no bogus post! I wish to God it were. I'm spending more money on coils than I did cigarettes! I'm just real frustrated. Amanda I talked in depth w Thunderball on this also. I know tank is authentic cuz I verified. Only one shop here. Only sell 1.8 coils. Thunderball said the ratio of pg/vg should not matter. It would b flavors. I was vaping a clear vanilla. 6 mg of nic turned very light yellow. Thing is the others in that shop vape 2x the amount I do and no issues on coils, but they all have mod batteries. Idk.
Do as I suggested blow into the freaking thing hard two times then take a vape does it taste burnt now?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Someone suggested above you may not be able to get enough power in your spinner to run that BVC coil properly. I run mine as high as I can for best flavor, etc. Sorry, all out of ideas otherwise! Didn't I see you had an Istick?

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks I will try. I have to get another coil first. I just tossed the last one. If it tastes burnt again I will try that Mr.ScaryZ

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What voltage are you running at? it is a 1.8 ohm coil they usually read 1.7 I have one right here with high VG If I run it at 4.2 volts lets say It will taste burnt unless I blow into it to create a vacuum if i up it to 4.8 volts its fine... but please blow hard twice into it see if it helps

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No istick Thunderball recommend I get one. I spent too much on DIY supplies. Gotta wait a while. But I do wonder about battery and 1.8 coil

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks I will try. I have to get another coil first. I just tossed the last one. If it tastes burnt again I will try that Mr.ScaryZ
Do not be just throwing them away they last freaking forever... I have one that went through ohh my god I bet 120ml before I even thought of changing it..
also do you know how to do dry burns? if not let me know if its 50/50 even if you press down and fire the atomizer for 5 seconds then let off then do this 2 more times then blow twice into it and then vape it will clean enough of the gunk out to keep it working for mucho longer.

I will give you an example I use a .8 ohm coil on my IPV V2 its a kanger so every 3.5 ml I clean it this thing has been going for 2 months
also do you rinse them out? or how do you clean them? I can help you with all of this

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No istick Thunderball recommend I get one. I spent too much on DIY supplies. Gotta wait a while. But I do wonder about battery and 1.8 coil
Yes I suggest you get something that allows you to change Voltage/wattage in increments so you can get it to vape just right sometimes as crazy as it sounds .1 will change a burning atomizer into a great atomizer either up or down

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From researching online I didn't think you could dry burn the bvc coils. No I have not tried cleaning coils at all

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok I got it out of trash does dry burn mean to put coil on w/o anything else to dry burn? I tried this w kangertech new coils and they tasted worse but maybe I did it wrong

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok I got it out of trash does dry burn mean to put coil on w/o anything else to dry burn? I tried this w kangertech new coils and they tasted worse but maybe I did it wrong
get a cup of water boil it in the microwave take it out then drop in the water let it soak for 15 minutes take it out
run a bit of cool water through it
blow out the excess water from the top of the BVC hard blows
then prime it a bit put a tiny bit of juice straight into the bvc once you have reinstalled it then fill your tank then do 3 4 second burns in a row then blow real hard twice some juice may come out the air hole this is what you want.. IF this does not work then its either a bad coil , fake coil, your mod is wimpy
This is the procedure give her a shot..

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
get a cup of water boil it in the microwave take it out then drop in the water let it soak for 15 minutes take it out
run a bit of cool water through it
blow out the excess water from the top of the BVC hard blows
then prime it a bit put a tiny bit of juice straight into the bvc once you have reinstalled it then fill your tank then do 3 4 second burns in a row then blow real hard twice some juice may come out the air hole this is what you want.. IF this does not work then its either a bad coil , fake coil, your mod is wimpy
This is the procedure give her a shot..
Also after cleaning BVC's they take awhile to start working so just keep blowing and then vaping white pushing the fire button till it starts producing vapor again

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok so let me confirm. Put a drop on coil after installed. Next fill tank and put together. So I am actually dry burning with a tank full of liquid?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yes but see it will not feed until you blow on it or suck you do not want to burn the material on the inside much like a catomizer you clean them as well the term dry burn just means firing the button without sucking in vapor for an atomizer on RDA's etc that I mostly use we burn the coils red hot and dry burning as little to no affect hope this makes sense

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The point of dry burning is to burn everything off the coil. So I don't put anything on the coil to do this - defeats the purpose. There are a bunch of videos on dry burning these coils. Here's one:
These coils are made of ceramic wick, so they shouldn't be able to actually burn.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The point of dry burning is to burn everything off the coil. So I don't put anything on the coil to do this - defeats the purpose. There are a bunch of videos on dry burning these coils. Here's one:
These coils are made of ceramic wick, so they shouldn't be able to actually burn.
You never get everything off the coils unless you have an RDA you will first burn the wick

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually, those who use ceramic wick don't burn the wick when they dry burn in RDAs with the wick in place - it can't burn at these temps! This is what makes these coils so innovative - they're not the old silica found in cartotanks, they're a pretty amazing new wicking material. That said, I still use rayon in my RDAs!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Actually, those who use ceramic wick don't burn the wick when they dry burn in RDAs with the wick in place - it can't burn at these temps! This is what makes these coils so innovative - they're not the old silica found in cartotanks, they're a pretty amazing new wicking material. That said, I still use rayon in my RDAs!
They are not just ceramic have you taken one apart?

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So after I soak it in hot water and blow out water do I let it sit for 2 days? Which way to dry burn? Loved the Irish/Scottish accent. And what is an Rda? I'm a newbie here. I can always try both ways on 2 different coils when time comes.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I understand you are correct kinda I do not just go by YouTube videos no offense I reverse Engineer things there is more wrong info on the INTERNET than right in regards to vaping Good reason so many people are confused.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So after I soak it in hot water and blow out water do I let it sit for 2 days? Which way to dry burn? Loved the Irish/Scottish accent. And what is an Rda? I'm a newbie here. I can always try both ways on 2 different coils when time comes.
No just use it no reason to wait days

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh I had a itaste vv/vw 3.0 but it broke. This battery only gets to 4.8 vs. 5 volts. But any tank tastes burnt to me on this above 4.0 as well as it did on itaste, but tank was a mini protank3 1.5/1.8 coils. I found best results at 3.5-3.9 volts

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I realize you both have different opinions and that's great. I am just happy to any and all suggestions and grateful for your time and responsis as I am about to the point to go buy some smokes!! I'll have a stiff drink for now

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I realize you both have different opinions and that's great. I am just happy to any and all suggestions and grateful for your time and responsis as I am about to the point to go buy some smokes!! I'll have a stiff drink for now
Sounds like you need new mod

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't smoke! This will get sorted out - but in all honesty everyone needs at least one back up mod in case the first one breaks! That's probably why most of us end up with some sort of collection:p And it doesn't have to be expensive - just reliable (no more than a few packs of cigarettes, to put it in perspective).

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Crap this was supposed to be vanilla classic. Anyone know how to contact e liquid mart

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey you two thanks. To update I did do the 15 min hot water soak and blew coil water out good. Put coil back in tank and added a small drop on each side of coil. I filled tank and put it together. I primed it w/o firing button then blew hard 2-3 times. Liquid did come out air holes. Then fired her 3-4 times for 3 seconds. I could hear it fire. Them tried vaping and blowing but it didn't even fire. Opened it up and juice was all over. Lost 2 ml. Think I blew too much/hard? I rinsed her all out and re soaked in hot water. Letting it dry now. Think I should wait for it to dry before trying video dry burn?

robtest

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For reference, I get 2 weeks plus (5ml/day 50/50 ejuice) on my bvc coils in a nautilus on a sigelei 20w running at 10w ... :)

VU Sponsors