Become a Patron!

please help bvc nautilus coils not lasting

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the wire is turning black, there is something in the juice that is building up on the coils. I have a couple flavors that just destroy my heads after as little as a single 5ml tank full. What is the actual flavor? Dark juices do it for sure, but also juices with honey, some sweeteners do it too. You might also consider pumping up the power. I've found that nautilus coils (and the BDC cousins) tend to foul easily when run under 4v.
The flavor I had in was a vanilla wafer, but the liquid was clear until the store vender added 6 mg of nt. then it was a very light yellow. Hopefully I'll be making my own soon so I know what's in it. I've purchased some juice that said it was 50/50 and was thinner than 80pg. It all depends where I buy the juice. It must be juice because if I put it over 4v it tastes burnt. Happened with a cloves anise type before this one. That said 50/50 and was a dark orange but thin as water almost

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For reference, I get 2 weeks plus (5ml/day 50/50 ejuice) on my bvc coils in a nautilus on a sigelei 20w running at 10w ... :)
I could only wish. But turning it up makes it taste burnt. Guy I bought both tank and battery from said it'd be fine and of course no refunds, but I do wonder if it's this spinner 2 clone he sold me. So many variables I just don't know

red6

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Most people don't know this but you can clean the BVC coils.

Wash and dry your tank.
Fill tank half way with water

Suck on the tip until you test nothing but water. (Watch the puns here )

Turn your battery up all the way and bake the coil 7 to 8 times while sucking on it. (Most have a 10 second cut out time that's why the 7 to 8 times) until the nasty taste is gone and you tate nothing but water again

Empty all the water out. Dry it off. Clean the inside of the coil with a qtip.
That's just getting out the residue.

Prime coil
fill tank
suck to prime as well. The waters a bitch to get out right away.
And enjoy another 6 weeks out of that coil.

My longest lasting coil doing this process was 6 months. Then the coils fell apart. And a needed a new one

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Wash and dry your tank.

Turn your battery up all the way and bake the coil 7 to 8 times while sucking on it. (Most have a 10 second cut out time that's why the 7 to 8 times) until the nasty taste is gone and you tate nothing but water again

Prime coil
fill tank

My longest lasting coil doing this process was 6 months. Then the coils fell apart. And a needed a new one
Wow thanks red!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In my experience a burned taste is due to one of 2 things. Either not enough ejuice is getting to the coils to vaporize, or the power is turned too high. I used Boba's Bounty (thick VG juice) in my Aspire Nautilus with a BVC at 14 Watts with the air inlet set for the next to largest setting, no burned taste. Your spinner is not the culprit. Try adjusting the airflow down, more juice will get to the coils. Do this till it gurgles then open it up a notch and increase the power a bit.

Zombiewoof

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Another point of reference, I make my own juice at 70%VG. I run Nautilus 1.6 Ohm BVC's at anywhere from 9.5W to 15W and my coils last about 8 to 10 days. I have had one bad coil out of the twenty I bought so far. That would be one out of a pack of five. Not bad IMHO. Oh, Silo tank at max AF.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In my experience a burned taste is due to one of 2 things. Either not enough ejuice is getting to the coils to vaporize, or the power is turned too high. I used Boba's Bounty (thick VG juice) in my Aspire Nautilus with a BVC at 14 Watts with the air inlet set for the next to largest setting, no burned taste. Your spinner is not the culprit. Try adjusting the airflow down, more juice will get to the coils. Do this till it gurgles then open it up a notch and increase the power a bit.
Thank you! Works mostly now, but juice gets into center & floods. Took to a shop and was told both rubber seals are cracked. Can't find replacement seals.

Niconico

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Wash and dry your tank.

Prime coil
fill tank

Really? Or is this a "microwave your iPhone to charge it" funny story...

I just ordered a ultrasonic cleaner to try it out on the coils.. But mostly the tank...

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As a temporary fix, you can wrap dental floss a thread below the seals, it might help. I've done it before with a Kanger protank with leaky seals.

i am having a lot of low flavor issues.
juices with a lot of flavor in the non-nautilus coils in my aspire et-s or vivi nova tanks are just lacking I would say 75% of the flavor in the Nautilus with BVC coils.
Also having MASSIVE burnt taste issues from all but 1 coil so far. and I have 3x 5-packs.... all verified genuine.

I use 50/50 or 80/20 VG/PG juice (equal or higher VG)

one coil I have to open the airflow all the way and can not vape higher than 9v on a 1.9ohm coil or it starts to get burnt after 3-4 pulls.
2 coils I don't even get that far and they are near flavorless and burning

I am about to politely request a full return on this tank and coils because this isn't what I signed up for.
I have removed the wire mesh on a few coils, and the one that vapED perfectly with butter pecan MBV juice now vapes like crap after I washed it.

I am not real sure why the Naut is muting the flavor so badly, its like using a cartomizer.... like all the cotton is just making the coil burn vg/pg while absorbing and holding most of the flavor liquid... weird.. only the god aweful innokin i30B had more muted flavor.

FM696269

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I tried suicide bunny mothers milk in my naut mini and it tasted like shit, tried every setting and didn't make any diffrrence. No flavour and when I put power too high it just tasted burnt. Yet I also use a spearmint liquid and that tastes fine in it. My iclear 30 is better than my naut mini for sweet flavours by far. The naut has a very metallicy taste to it which is fine with mints and acidy flavours like apple's I assume.

I conclude naut mini is no good with sweet desert flavours!

VU Sponsors