Become a Patron!

Please help! Doctor advising my mother to continue smoking rather than switching to vaping.

My mother has been addicted to ciggarettes for 30 years and I have spent the last 6 months trying to convince her to give vaping a chance. She also has diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and obesity. This last week I finally made headway and got her to allow me to buy her a vape pen. She went to the doctor and told him she was going to try to quit with vaping and he told her no! He would way rather have her continue to smoke cigs than switch to vaping. The damage this has done I can't fix and she won't listen to me over a doctor. If there is anybody out there with a doctorate that is willing to help me try to undo this damage I really could use the help. Thank you everyone. Please upvote so as many people see this as possible, I cannot let this stand.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
There are no doctors on here, just vaping members. Have her seek a different doctor. Show her the true information on vaping. @5150sick posts a lot of good information on the VU on the truths about vaping and the lies. Show her the facts.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Only suggestion is a second opinion. If finances are an issue even a Health Dept. doctor. Sorry to mention this but is it possible that perhaps you are not recieving the actual doctors opinion? Cigaretts are a powerful adiction and maybe mom desires to continue smoking? I am again sorry to imply an altering of opinion but addiction is a bitch. Maybe suggest dual use for the intrum it might be more desireable to mom. Sorry.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Many Healthcare Professionals are as clueless as the public when it comes to vaping. I have to agree with @Bigrick and his opinion as to what the Doctor actually said. All I can say is to gather as much information you can to print out and give your Mom and maybe also pay a visit to her Doctor yourself. Good Luck

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
get a new doctor....tell her that the English National Health Services endorse vaping over smoking, there are tons of doctors across the globe who endorse vaping over smoking just send her to the internet to find them and their opinions.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
images

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Granted it has been awhile, but I call.....................................

BULLSHITERY!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I'd get a real doctor, mine was tickled pink when I took up vaping instead of cigs, I told her my plan and the brands I was looking at, and why I chose vaping over the drugs.

Same thing with me!

My GP Doc always ask me if I am still vaping when I am there for a checkup. And she is really glad that I am vaping!

Same for my Dentist. Less work for him.

Same for Pain Doc.

Last time I was in the hospital, I vaped as usual (virtually no clouds) and they did not care.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It sounds a bit iffy. Anyway, does your mom have to listen to her doctor? Does she obey him for everything? Like with dietary or lifestyle changes?

Good luck though.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've run into these asswipe doctors before.. Misdiagnoses, lies... Mormons.. You gotta' watch those pricks close.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I've run into these asswipe doctors before.. Misdiagnoses, lies... Mormons.. You gotta' watch those pricks close.

And who says you’ve got to listen to everything doctors say? When a doctor tells someone to change their diet, or to not smoke or drink, do people really just listen? I go to doctors as rarely as possible. They’re good for emergency stuff that isn’t illness related, imho. Ymmv.

I’ve never met any Mormons, so I’ve no idea what they’re into! Lol

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
A concern for some Dr's would be cma. If Dr says ok to vape and the person gets sick, the person could try to blame vape/Dr. Whereas if the person just continues to smoke, they stay on an "approved" non smoking patient plan.

I'd explain and debunk the cause of the current situation around the associated vaping lung illness, that of all the years of vaping has only came to be this year, and if she wanted hand her reading material to back it up.

Get her to come to VU and ask a or some question(s). Maybe do it for her at first to get her started. Members here could give her testimonials, show her links/posts and discuss the answer any of her questions or concerns. There's so much here that can be learned from. Most of the general public (excluding VU) are not fully informed, even Dr's.

btw, when I went to my next check-up 3 months later, I showed the Dr. my heartrate graph from my fitbit, she said "thats what we keep telling people why you need to quite smoking cigs", my heart rate dropped and steadied out rite-away.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190824-160745_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190824-160745_Gallery.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 9

VU Sponsors