Become a Patron!

Please help me choose a dual battery squonker

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My birthday is coming up and I get to get a new mod. Wanting a dual battery just because and I can't decide. I'm between 3. I do have a limited budget of $150 for my birthday and planning on getting a couple of other things in addition to the mod.

Rage - having trouble justifying the cost. Although, MVS has it for $81.00

iJoy Capo 216. - takes 20700 and with the kit comes with two batteries. Also, already have to 100w single battery capo. Plus that you don't have to remove the batteries to fill bottle.

Gbox - unlike the capo can be had without an atty for about $50. Don't really need another atomizer. Already have plenty of 18650's

I don't do TC so TC performance doesn't matter.

Of the 3 which would you choose and why?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My birthday is coming up and I get to get a new mod. Wanting a dual battery just because and I can't decide. I'm between 3. I do have a limited budget of $150 for my birthday and planning on getting a couple of other things in addition to the mod.

iJoy Capo 216. - takes 20700 and with the kit comes with two batteries. Also, already have to 100w single battery capo. Plus that you don't have to remove the batteries to fill bottle.

Gbox - unlike the capo can be had without an atty for about $50. Don't really need another atomizer. Already have plenty of 18650's

There's a white rage in the hardware thread. Just came up this morning. Us shipper. Great dude

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you all. So far it's overwhelmingly in favor of the Rage. My I ask why no love for the others?

I have no problem ordering from FT, but I am ordering it next week and would like to get it in before I go out of town on the 4th.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Then I would find somewhere closer than fasttech. I doing it would be here that fast

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Tall Pines

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rage for sure. I also have a white one for sale in the hardware section....hint hint ;) bx10r you should have bought mine as your replacement. Maybe you should buy it for a back up hint hint :)

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So far it's overwhelmingly in favor of the Rage. My I ask why no love for the others?
Well, it's like this: The rage is the NEWEST dual-squonk without that nitwit "proprietary-bottle" crap. (It's still proprietary, but far less nitwit - just stupid-expensive).

Personally, I was looking at the Rage quite closely as my Gbox 200w just decided it's always missing a cell, (and I can't seem to get inside to check solder). However, I am so goddamned tired of trap-door batteries and shit electronics that I may just do without entirely.

For 1/3 the price, you can get a DS or TS-style clone and work with 2|3 cell PARALLEL mechanical. For less than half of that price I can get a squonk-adapter & heatsink - and now any mod I own can squonk.

So, yes. There are alternatives, but you don't want to start out stupid and be disappointed: you want something that Just Works and then form opinions and look for alternatives in whatever price-range/style you like.

geoffd

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gbox works fine for me and have had no problems. Yes, you need to remove batteries to refill and it has a proprietary bottle but I'm ok with these things. It's a solid mod IMO.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, it's like this: The rage is the NEWEST dual-squonk without that nitwit "proprietary-bottle" crap. (It's still proprietary, but far less nitwit - just stupid-expensive).

Personally, I was looking at the Rage quite closely as my Gbox 200w just decided it's always missing a cell, (and I can't seem to get inside to check solder). However, I am so goddamned tired of trap-door batteries and shit electronics that I may just do without entirely.

For 1/3 the price, you can get a DS or TS-style clone and work with 2|3 cell PARALLEL mechanical. For less than half of that price I can get a squonk-adapter & heatsink - and now any mod I own can squonk.

So, yes. There are alternatives, but you don't want to start out stupid and be disappointed: you want something that Just Works and then form opinions and look for alternatives in whatever price-range/style you like.
Personally . Id stay sway from clone ds and ts...too many button issues. I know....
I own every color auth ds and ts now and while i like my rage...i LOVE my parellels. The rage imo is waaaay better than the gbox...sold mine cause the refill was a p.i.a. eventually bought a refiller but even then. Never had issue with the bottle...thank god. I think anyway you go will be preferance. Different strokes for different folks..i kmow some hate my go tos

Sent from a very cloudy room

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gbox works fine for me and have had no problems. Yes, you need to remove batteries to refill and it has a proprietary bottle but I'm ok with these things. It's a solid mod IMO.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I modded the bottle in first week. Just neomags for the cover and plan old silicone and fuelline. Wonderful hack that cut and chopped nothing at all. The PET bottles and steel tube can kiss my hairy ass. About oh, 6mo of bliss. No drops, no swimming accidents, no leaks-all-over...

But, no.. I loaded up the bottle, poked a few cells in the other night - no joy.. added one neomag.. no joy... Added a SECOND neomag.. Boots, but the right cell-indicator is off. Um.. "CHECK BATTERY" - well, they are new, they are charged, they are rightways installed. So, something is loose or it's dead.

I plan to take off the 510 next and see if that releases the plastic cage/sled area to pop out - and when that inevitably fails, I will get serious and ruin it to salvage whatever parts I can. Enough is enough.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally . Id stay sway from clone ds and ts...too many button issues. I know....
I picked up the DS 1:1 from 3fvape - engraved, not painted.. Running just fine after I managed to install a silicone bottle. No issues with the button, as I don't go that low at all. If the button goes wonky, I might try to hack in some dowling and epoxy/putty/CA - it's really the weakest link in the whole system.

If wismec wants to do a NC-III-squeeze, I'm listening ;-) Otherwise, looking at maybe a TS-style, even if I need to get out the glue, hacksaw, etc. $25 is all I'll invest in this stuff now.

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I picked up the DS 1:1 from 3fvape - engraved, not painted.. Running just fine after I managed to install a silicone bottle. No issues with the button, as I don't go that low at all. If the button goes wonky, I might try to hack in some dowling and epoxy/putty/CA - it's really the weakest link in the whole system.

If wismec wants to do a NC-III-squeeze, I'm listening ;-) Otherwise, looking at maybe a TS-style, even if I need to get out the glue, hacksaw, etc. $25 is all I'll invest in this stuff now.
If u really like the ds clone.. heres what i did to one...and while its a lil pricey for some to do on a clone... now this clone runs like my auths. Buy the silver kit from defiant. Swap all pieces exxept top screws which heads are a bit bigger than auth ones.. boom...i can run a .8 now and not worry

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Love these biacthes...as long as you take care of them..as we speak
e79d91b5b81abad7fdc5ae9fd035b5e7.jpg

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They do... everything except the top screw but the clone ones work fine..green runs like a champ with the internal swap..eventuall ill do a swap for blue and purple.
f78b037a80467eb8e3e23aa36120c23a.jpg

Now they sit and i just swap to keep em in rotation
9ecf61ca429b5a665bdfd733e63698e1.jpg

Jixil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Personally, I love GBox. Easily swapped out the squonk bottle for a better one. Get a refill bottle, and filling it is no longer an issue. One small thing I really like about the GBox that I don't see often on a lot of other mods (surprisingly) is the ability to lock the wattage up/down buttons while still being able to use the fire button! This is big to me, because I tend to always accidentally hit them at some point or other.

Rage!

Sent from my LG-H960 using Tapatalk

diceman1000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went with the Rage for my birthday, lol. Lookong at the Basium as well. The Capo 216 interests me, but if the board in it is anuthing loke the 100w, no thank you.
dd33ab8c29bd26c532b088f84c664d56.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went with the Rage for my birthday, lol. Lookong at the Basium as well. The Capo 216 interests me, but if the board in it is anuthing loke the 100w, no thank you.
dd33ab8c29bd26c532b088f84c664d56.jpg

That's exactly where I was especially with regards to the Capo 216. I Raged also for my borthday.

BEbZ0sp.jpg

diceman1000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice! I have a black Drop as well that I actually like better than the Pulse 24, but I feel the Lulse squonks better.
That's exactly where I was especially with regards to the Capo 216. I Raged also for my borthday.

BEbZ0sp.jpg

diceman1000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also have a Capo 100w and a Pulse 80w. The Capo is garbage IMHO, love the Pulse though... However, the Pulse is a battery eater.

VU Sponsors