Become a Patron!

Please Help Me Choose Nicotine mg, insomnia.

tl;dr I smoke seven American Spirit Blue cigarettes a day which roughly translate to 12.5 mg to 13 mg nicotine intake, I've been smoking 6mg e-juice with four cigarettes and can't sleep which I always get when quitting cigarettes. Is my e-juice dosage too small or too much?

Hi, I'm quitting smoking cigarettes, I smoke Natural American Spirit Blue and have one every two hours which is seven a day. I looked into the amount of nicotine in Natural American Spirit blue and the mg was 1.79 per cigarette. Source: (Staff removed link to cigarette shop) . So I guess my nicotine intake per day would be something like 12.5mg to 13mg. I went to my local vape shop two days ago and I bought an eGo One battery with a Kangertech Subtank Nano 3 mL, the guy in the store seemed very insistent I only use a 3mg or 6mg e-juice with the vape and I got 6mg. Now in the past when I've tried to quit cigarettes using the gum or snus or even when I cut down one cigarette I start to get really bad insomnia and that has been happening to me ever since I started vaping, the day I got it I smoked two cigarettes and then bought the vape and smoked the entire full tank and then smoked two more cigarettes at night then went to bed and woke up five or six hours later feeling super on edge and then chewed a piece of nicotine gum and that seemed to calm me down and I fell back asleep for another hour. I don't know your sleeping preferences but I need at least eight to nine hours to not feel like ten pounds of shit in a four pound bag. Then yesterday I smoked a cigarette waking up and then proceeded to just vape for the rest of the day and I started to feel sick from smoking it too much and then just didn't smoke anything for about four hours and then had three cigarettes over the span of five hours and then was way to jacked to sleep and fell asleep at like 4 or 5am and then kept on waking up sporadically, then finally woke up at eleven thirty, it just feels like I'm sleeping super light. Do you think I'm overdoing it on nicotine and am too rambunctious or am underdoing it and my body is craving nicotine? Is 6mg e-juice too little to match my smoking habit? Should I up nicotine mg on vape and just stick to vaping and smoke no cigs? Thank you, bless.

Attachments

• safe_image-1.jpg
    safe_image-1.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Best advise I can give is lower it down until you see what works then you'll know....everyone is different so that is what I would suggest, Good luck and welcome to VU, enjoy the forum:)
Edit...I removed your cigarette link , we are a vaping forum-Cheers:)

Best advise I can give is lower it down until you see what works then you'll know....everyone is different so that is what I would suggest, Good luck and welcome to VU, enjoy the forum:)
Edit...I removed your cigarette link , we are a vaping forum-Cheers:)
Alright, sorry about the link, if you refer to my username you will see.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
When I first started vaping, I did have trouble sleeping. It mellowed out over time. I went through a lot of changes in that first month. I think some of it has to do with stopping smoking. I smoked for 30 years, so I expected some things to be "off", but I'm sure it's our bodies getting better, too. You could always drop the nic a little. I started way higher than 6mg, but I was using more simple gear, too.

Stay hydrated, also!

VU Sponsors