Become a Patron!

Please Help, Spit Back is KiIlling Me, Clito, SE1, Melo 3

Sukuhdi

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I need a new tank that runs between 20-50w .3-.8 ohm coil that doesn't spit-back juice. I'm not a cloud chaser, Flavor is still really important to me. Not a fan of my Celito, it has spit-back issues, and my SE-1 leaks a lot. The Melo 3 is ok, but flavor kinda sucks.

Whats your favorite 25-50w Subohm Tank???

Maybe?:
Freemax Starre Pure
Herakles Plus or Pro
Arctic V8
Smok Spiral
Joytech Ultimo
Kanger ...
(dont like the TFV8, TFV4 coils, to high wattage)

Last edited:

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Spit back comes from flooded coils. 1. an air leak at one of the tank seals won't let a vacuum form above the liquid so it floods the coil and runs out the air holes. 2. not enough wattage to vaporize all the liquid.
Make sure all the seals are good and everything is clean and tight but not so tight that it won't come back apart. People use those tanks all the time with no problems. I love the Melo with the right coils. You need to use the wattage that works for the coil not what you want it to be. A bit of spit back is sometimes normal after you first fill a tank but it should stop in a hit or two. If you don't figure out what's wrong chances are any tank you buy will give you problems.

Welcome to the VU.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I need a new tank that runs between 20-50w .3-.8 ohm coil that doesn't spit-back juice. I'm not a cloud chaser, Flavor is still really important to me. Not a fan of my Celito, it has spit-back issues, and my SE-1 leaks a lot. The Melo 3 is ok, but flavor kinda sucks.

Whats your favorite 25-50w Subohm Tank???

Maybe?:
Freemax Starre Pure
Herakles Plus or Pro
Arctic V8
Smok Spiral
Joytech Ultimo
Kanger ...
(dont like the TFV8, TFV4 coils, to high wattage)
Sounds like you want a lower wattage sub ohm tank. Definitely check out the Spiral, and Baby Beast. The PV Air S3 and the Vaporesso Veco are some other really nice lower wattage tanks. You don't say if you MTL or lung hit. For a MTL vape check out the Ijoy Elf and Aspire Nautilus, Nautilus X, and Nautilus 2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You need to use the wattage that works for the coil not what you want it to be. A bit of spit back is sometimes normal after you first fill a tank but it should stop in a hit or two. If you don't figure out what's wrong chances are any tank you buy will give you problems.

Welcome to the VU.

^This.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Also, what about the juice? Using at least 70/30 VG in these types of tanks? Exposing tank to heat, like leaving in a hot car, can thin the liquid and cause issues. But I would look at both viscosity and quality of the juice. I hear the Cleito, for one, doesn't like higher PG liquids.

Sukuhdi

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My bad, I completely forgot to put juice and coil info info, i use 10 ml juice daily, I use %70VG+, rarely use %60vg. I live in the 30-60 Degree weather last 2 months, house at 60 degrees always.

The Clieto 0.4ohm coil rated 40-60w, is best at 42-46w Flavor is decent, kinda dry.I tried it up to 55w to harsh though
The Melo 3 0.3ohm coil rated 30-80w, I use at 42-46w Flavor is the alright, I have tried it up to 65W
The Uwell SE-1 stopped leaking, works great, 0.8 ohm at 35w, flavor is pretty good, still occasionally pops,

The Cleito is crazy reliable but makes a Loud poping noise on the first 3 hits no spit back guard. The Melo 3 is amazing never leaks but will occasionally make a small popping noise but it has a spit back guard that stops %60 of the juice and has a clean drip tip. The Se-1 has minor poping noise. All 3 have Ejuice splatter from the top of the driptip 1.5" down to the top of the coil, and if there is Ejuice my drip tip then its get inhaled to my mouth as well.

All these things still happen after my 2nd refill off the tank, not only on my first time with a new coil. This is my 2nd day on my Clelito .4ohm coil 8 ml later it still sounds like popcorn is being made inside when i fir it up at 45w-50w. I still want a Tank that can run a 0.3ohm - 0.8 ohm coil, I have tried the 0.2ohm ohm coils and I not a huge fan. Its crazy that anybody vapes at 100W+ that blows my mind.

I really appreciate all the help... ...Whats your favorite 30W-55W tank?

(wil try Cermacic coils if I have to: Freemax starre pure, Vapresso Target, Joytech Ultimo)

Last edited:

Sukuhdi

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Long shot......Your batteries?

I use a Kangerttech 50w VW Mod, and a Eleaf Pico 75w VW/TC Mod, never notice a difference between the 2.

Should I get one of the Pen Batterys. That doesn't let you change the Watts, with no LCD screen. ( like Aspire K4)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You won't know unless you try one of those styles, I will say if you are looking for a stronger vape those won't provide it.

Sukuhdi

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You won't know unless you try one of those styles, I will say if you are looking for a stronger vape those won't provide it.

Ya I dont want a stronger vape, and the Eleaf Pico 75w I have is more than enough. I like to vape between 30-50w

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Like the first reply said, flooding is usually the culprit of spitting. However, if the spitting isn't hot, then it could just be just sucking in condensed eliquid pooling under you drip tip (which isn't really spitting). But if the spitting is hot, then it is spitting. So....

One way I've found to eliminate or reduce flooding is to open up your airflow more and/or don't suck/drag as hard. For a tank, the harder you drag, the more juice you pull into the coil chamber. Same thing goes with airflow,. The tighter you have the airflow set, the more juice you pull into the chamber with every drag, which is exacerbated with how hard you suck/drag.

Just my experience.

If you have 3 tanks, all different brands and all 3 tanks have the same problem with all 3 tanks, the problem is likely your technique/vaping style and not the tanks.

Last edited:

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sounds like you may be accidentally getting some liquid into the chimney, too.

Sukuhdi

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I always vape with the airflow wide open, and I take a slow kinda drag, I have tried doing it faster like most people I see but it doesn't help. I'm always careful when refilling about doping juice in the center, and always wipe the middle with a papertowel to clean up any cpliied juice. I fill the Se-1 now and wait 15 before opening the air holes (1hr w/ new coil).

My SE-1 is working good now w/ the crown2 .8ohm coil,will rarely gurgle after refilling on the first 5-7 hits, Almost a %100 perfect tank in flavor and clouds.

I love the Melo 3 has never leaked, never makes a gurgling noise, bit it does make the occasional popping noise, the drip tip still has a tiny juice splatter. trying .5ohm coil next to see if its better,

Im selling my Cleito either way, coil design is not for me. And am going to buy a new tank either way.

This will be the 6th Subohm tank I have bought, and I trust your guys opinion. I know there is 1 perfect tank out there for me, and the only way I am going to be able to find it is with your help. I like the Freemax Starre Pure, Super Tank, maybe the Arctic V8 or Ultimo.

Whats your Favorite 30-55W Tank??

It's an older thread but I'll leave what I believe to be a valid solution to the melo 3 tank leak .I've noticed it does this after I wash it between flavors. Might not be totally dry and air is getting in through a seal or something. So I bought another tank, baby beast, to use while my melo 3 is drying out. Hope this helps .

VU Sponsors