Become a Patron!

Please help! Vape button stuck on my new Ego-One vape!

I am in search of someone who can demonstrate or instruct my husband on how to fix the power/fire button on my Ego-One vape. I have only had the vape of couple of weeks so neither one of us are really familiar with it but my husband believes he could repair it with some instruction. If anyone is familiar with the Ego-One vape and/or how to remove the button & fix the spring, your help would be greatly appreciated! If you can help, please comment on here or email me. Being totally "vapeLESS", sucks!!
[email protected]

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have never fixed a button on an ego one but if it is two weeks old why not just exchange it for a non defective one?

This would be my vote as well.

But for now, and I know this is a questionable question,

Is it stuck in the On or Off position?

I may have to return it for a refund but the vape shop I bought it at said they do not do refund or exchanges after 7 days but would help me to send it back to the company to be repaired however, this may take up to 2 weeks.

Button is not actually "stuck" it will move, appears as if spring is out of position and i believe it has fell into the battery casing. Any ideas?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could it be sticky a bit maybe from juice? I wipe down my mod/Batteries once in a while with a slightly damp paper towel or baby wipe. I go over my buttons carefully but wipe it good .

No, it isn't stuck but rather "collapsed". I took it by the local vape store were I purchased the vape and the manager said he had this happen to him once and it turned out the spring had popped loose down inside the battery. I was hoping to find someone who would know how to remove either the button or somehow disassemble to battery part of the vape so we could see if that indeed is what happened,.

The manager and his wife are extremely nice and helpful but, the owner of the vape shop- not so much. I understand their hands are tied and they must follow the owner's protocol but, after having a vape I paid almost $100 for only 2 weeks to malfunction is frustrating. I'm hoping someone will be able to give some troubleshooting ideas

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Too bad he wasn't cust friendly and offer to replace it for you, geeeeez:eek:
At the price she indicated, they damn well better offer a replacement within a couple weeks!! Near $100 is way, way up there considering you can get them for $50 at 101vape. Link the owners of that B&M to this thread.

The manager and his wife are extremely nice and helpful but, the owner of the vape shop- not so much. I understand their hands are tied and they must follow the owner's protocol but, after having a vape I paid almost $100 for only 2 weeks to malfunction is frustrating. I'm hoping someone will be able to give some troubleshooting ideas
I had this SAME issue. Not once, but twice! Thankfully my vape shop exchanged it for a new one. But the second time I put my foot down and demanded store credit toward a new device. Now happily gaping on the eleaf istick 30w.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Wow, I'm glad you were able to get your issue resolved. the actual total for my Ego-One vape was $94.14. It came with the tank, battery, 2 coils and a charger

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At the price she indicated, they damn well better offer a replacement within a couple weeks!! Near $100 is way, way up there considering you can get them for $50 at 101vape. Link the owners of that B&M to this thread.
Coval has the ego one for 35 bucks during their holiday sale. Just shy of a 100 bucks seems crazy high to me.

DanRo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
depends were you are is the pricing, ive paid around the same for mine i paid 350lei ($87) here in romania. but im looking at it now and it looks like the only way the battery will come apart is by unscrewing the bottom under were the charge port is. maybe use some pliers and a rag so you don't scratch up the device. i just tried taking a small coil building screwdriver and putting it in the venting hole and tried to pry it off but it snapped the screwdriver lol. this device built looks pretty air tight but like i said the only way that it looks like it will come apart is from the bottom. good luck and let me know if you fix it. i will try and mess around with mine a little more and see what i come up with.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Wow, I'm glad you were able to get your issue resolved. the actual total for my Ego-One vape was $94.14. It came with the tank, battery, 2 coils and a charger

They still should have exchanged it for you with a new and functioning device on the spot. No questions asked!

NitroBex

The Cloud Chasing Geek
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Wow... Back to the original question. The head on the ego 1 is press fit you would have to pull it out but as its not designed to do this you run a high chance of snapping the wires or making it so the head wont press back on =( If you choose to try to disassemble a little finesse and a lot of patience will go a LONG way.

I signed up on here just to offer a solution that worked for me. I've had this happen twice and now I wish I didn't have the guys at my shop throw out my ego one battery the first time this happened!

Back story: Dropped my 1st ego one (after dropping it a bunch before with no ill effects). Button got stuck, tank got stuck. Guys at shop had to twist tank off with a wrench (which I now do at home with a rubberband or kitchen rubber gloves when this happens with just the tank being on too tight). Onto my 2nd ego one: dropped it again and it probably, like the first one, landed just so that the button got depressed/stuck again (since I've also dropped this one plenty previously with no problems). The button/light are not "on" but it won't push down or pop up. Googled fixes to no avail. I figured the button beneath the silver button cover that is visible/you touch just came unaligned with the latter and this should be fixable. Even if I broke it while trying, it was broken by all other accounts anyway. Tried prying the base disc off with a razor...fail. Tried tapping the case around the button with a hammer to "jiggle" the inner button back in place...fail. Tried hammer tapping the top connection part with a tiny hammer...fail. Tried slamming the button on the edge of the counter...fail. Tried slamming the battery down vertically...you guessed it, fail.

WHAT DID WORK: believe it or not it was when I slammed the batter down vertically in the UPSIDEDOWN position (so the threaded connection part facing down, the end with the disc with the tiny hole facing up) it jiggled the button back into position and it popped back up! Don't slam it too hard. I'd try it lightly at first and increase force until it pops back in. Hope this helps someone. Good luck.

I signed up on here just to offer a solution that worked for me. I've had this happen twice and now I wish I didn't have the guys at my shop throw out my ego one battery the first time this happened!

Back story: Dropped my 1st ego one (after dropping it a bunch before with no ill effects). Button got stuck, tank got stuck. Guys at shop had to twist tank off with a wrench (which I now do at home with a rubberband or kitchen rubber gloves when this happens with just the tank being on too tight). Onto my 2nd ego one: dropped it again and it probably, like the first one, landed just so that the button got depressed/stuck again (since I've also dropped this one plenty previously with no problems). The button/light are not "on" but it won't push down or pop up. Googled fixes to no avail. I figured the button beneath the silver button cover that is visible/you touch just came unaligned with the latter and this should be fixable. Even if I broke it while trying, it was broken by all other accounts anyway. Tried prying the base disc off with a razor...fail. Tried tapping the case around the button with a hammer to "jiggle" the inner button back in place...fail. Tried hammer tapping the top connection part with a tiny hammer...fail. Tried slamming the button on the edge of the counter...fail. Tried slamming the battery down vertically...you guessed it, fail.

WHAT DID WORK: believe it or not it was when I slammed the batter down vertically in the UPSIDEDOWN position (so the threaded connection part facing down, the end with the disc with the tiny hole facing up) it jiggled the button back into position and it popped back up! Don't slam it too hard. I'd try it lightly at first and increase force until it pops back in. Hope this helps someone. Good luck.

You are a freaking genius, Thankyou.
I was messing around with my ego 1 while googling how to fix it, by gently banging the button on the edge of a table. Which actually got it to work.... temporarily. Then I read your post, and now it works.... permanently.
Thanks again

So I just ran into the same issue. Ok...bare with me here, because this is really simple, but it worked for me EVERY time this happened; take an Aspire base and attach it to the battery...now wiggle it around and it should come out!

I am in search of someone who can demonstrate or instruct my husband on how to fix the power/fire button on my Ego-One vape. I have only had the vape of couple of weeks so neither one of us are really familiar with it but my husband believes he could repair it with some instruction. If anyone is familiar with the Ego-One vape and/or how to remove the button & fix the spring, your help would be greatly appreciated! If you can help, please comment on here or email me. Being totally "vapeLESS", sucks!!
[email protected][/QUOTE

Hi I had the same problem take the button off an there will be a smaller white button which the exterior button operates ensure that this button works it will perform and clean the black rubber button once wiped and should work as usual x

VU Sponsors