Become a Patron!

Please help!!!

Not sure if you can help or not but here goes.
My husband Eddie, a disabled combat veteran with 3 tours of duty resulting in severe PTSD was a 2.5 pack a day smoker for almost 20 years before being diagnosed with pre-emphysema 2 months prior to me giving birth to his only son. He tried everything to quit smoking, a habit that he depended on to calm his nerves since the events that caused his PTSD, the patch, nicotine gum/mints, medication, even hypnosis over the years all to no avail. For his birthday last January I bought him a vaporizer, the Wismec Reuleaux DNA200W starter kit complete with tank, batteries, charger, and coils for a little over $200 at our local vapeing store which has,since closed after my older sister was to quit smoking after almost 30 years with the help of this product. Eddie was able to go from 2.5 packs a day on January 18, his birthday, to using only the vaporizer by February 21, the day I gave birth to our son Teagan Edward and to using the 0mg e liquid by last summer. He continued using his vaporizer and not touching cigarettes until 2 weeks ago when someone broke into his truck stealing it among other things. Now with his being the only income and the added cost of our 11 month old son we could not afford to replace his vaporizer and he has thus began smoking cigarettes again. Is there any way your company could help? I read online that sometimes companies will send free products for customers to test and give reviews, what better review than a 20 year 2.5 pack a day veteran being able to kick his habit in less than 35 days? Any help would be greatly appreciated and if unable I thank you anyway just for hearing me out.
Sincerely Heather H

P.S. Wow some of you people are horrible. Not everyone is looking to scam someone. FYI, hes been rolling his own cigarettes which cost about $15 every 2 weeks, a lot less than a vaporizer that actually works. He tried the disposable $5 ecigs, and $15 pens but they just don't produce much vapor. And obviously you guys have not experienced what someone suffering from severe PTSD from active duty goes through. But thankfully we found someone with a heart to help, so we no longer need anyone's help. I pray non of you ever need help only to be patronized.

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
12_funny+pictures-465x348.jpg

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My husband Eddie, a disabled combat veteran with 3 tours of duty resulting in severe PTSD was a 2.5 pack a day smoker for almost 20 years before being diagnosed with pre-emphysema 2 months prior to me giving birth to his only son. He tried everything to quit smoking, a habit that he depended on to calm his nerves since the events that caused his PTSD, the patch, nicotine gum/mints, medication, even hypnosis over the years all to no avail. For his birthday last January I bought him a vaporizer, the Wismec Reuleaux DNA200W starter kit complete with tank, batteries, charger, and coils for a little over $200 at our local vapeing store which has,since closed after my older sister was to quit smoking after almost 30 years with the help of this product. Eddie was able to go from 2.5 packs a day on January 18, his birthday, to using only the vaporizer by February 21, the day I gave birth to our son Teagan Edward and to using the 0mg e liquid by last summer. He continued using his vaporizer and not touching cigarettes until 2 weeks ago when someone broke into his truck stealing it among other things. Now with his being the only income and the added cost of our 11 month old son we could not afford to replace his vaporizer and he has thus began smoking cigarettes again. Is there any way your company could help? I read online that sometimes companies will send free products for customers to test and give reviews, what better review than a 20 year 2.5 pack a day veteran being able to kick his habit in less than 35 days? Any help would be greatly appreciated and if unable I thank you anyway just for hearing me out.
Sincerely Heather H
Congratulations on the birth of your son TE.
You might get lucky at ECF https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com or the vape sub section of reddit, https://www.reddit.com
there's another forum chock full of generous folks..can't recall their name but the word Blip is part of it.
I understand most of those vapers are rich...
I'm sure that the fine folks here would love to help you but
for the most part we're all poor working class heroes and disabled vets.

Good luck..

savagebee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sincerely Heather H
For the cost of 2.5 packs a day you could buy a decent used setup from someone here with less than a week's smoke budget.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There are a lot of excuses for returning to smoking, but not many good reasons, and certainly theft and financial hardship don't qualify, since vaping is FAR cheaper than smoking cigarettes. Unless you grow your own tobacco, cure it, and roll it yourself; in which case, smoking might actually be cheaper than vaping.

If someone wants to vape more than they want to smoke, they can usually find some affordable way to do it. But if they actually want to smoke, any excuse will do.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Congratulations on the birth of your son TE.
You might get lucky at ECF https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com or the vape sub section of reddit, https://www.reddit.com
there's another forum chock full of generous folks..can't recall their name but the word Blip is part of it.
I understand most of those vapers are rich...
I'm sure that the fine folks here would love to help you but
for the most part we're all poor working class heroes and disabled vets.

Good luck..

^^^^^ Sage advice

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is actually a perfect case in point for why just ONE mod is NEVER enough: literally ANYTHING could happen to it, and when it comes to vape gear, "shit happens" is more an expectation than a possibility. I think the universe wants to see if you REALLY want to give up smoking... if you're REALLY serious about it. That's been my experience.

Andria

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is actually a perfect case in point for why just ONE mod is NEVER enough: literally ANYTHING could happen to it, and when it comes to vape gear, "shit happens" is more an expectation than a possibility. I think the universe wants to see if you REALLY want to give up smoking... if you're REALLY serious about it. That's been my experience.

Andria
I always have a spare mod and full tank.
You never know when a coil will short or a battery will die,
and I tried refilling a tank on the road once and
ended up with a lap full of juice.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
There are a lot of excuses for returning to smoking, but not many good reasons, and certainly theft and financial hardship don't qualify, since vaping is FAR cheaper than smoking cigarettes

True, true, true

Can you imagine going on a tobacco appreciation forum and begging for cigarettes or you'll fall back into vaping :giggle:

savagebee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I always have a mech and dripper as well as a Regulated and a tank with me as well as two full spare battery sets, plus the 4 or 5 other complete setups at home. With a DNA mod a second single batt setup would be like pennies on the dollar.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I always have a spare mod and full tank.
You never know when a coil will short or a battery will die,
and I tried refilling a tank on the road once and
ended up with a lap full of juice.

I normally just take my mod and just-filled Achilles with me, if I'm going out to a store or something. If I'm going somewhere for a bit longer, then I take a small bottle of juice so I can refill. If I'm gonna be gone for half a day or more, or I'm going more than 10 miles from home, I also take a spare mod and a little "go bag" that has some basic tools -- little screwdriver, some of my shiseido cotton cut into usable strips, etc -- just in case I need to repair the wick; I think there may also be some of those pre-made coils that come with some attys -- I figured if nothing else, they may be good for emergency use. And I've always got a USB cable in the truck, which came in handy one day just before xmas when I realized I hadn't put a fresh battery in my mod that morning; it saved us from having to run home real fast to get a battery. :D Other than my CFIV-TC-18650s, even my external-battery mods are chargeable that way, in a pinch.

But I haven't had "just one mod" since about 2 months after I started vaping -- if you're really serious about not smoking, you have to commit to it, in every possible way. If your vehicle gets stolen, you don't go "guess I'll just ride the bus." You set about getting some kind of wheels under yourself, however you have to go about doing that.

Andria

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unedited post
  • Not sure if you can help or not but here goes.
    Sincerely Heather H

VU Sponsors