Become a Patron!

Please read and post :D

Lance4prez

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey everyone. Just wanted to have a interactive post with some members and maybe get some potential advice. I just got a Alien Mod 220watt TC and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I am a non-smoker and have smoked in the past (glad I quit) but when I did, I really enjoyed the craving. I know that sounds odd and I probably stand alone, but to each his own. I liked looking forward to smoking and when I was in stressful times I would just say fuck it all and go smoke a cigarette haha. Anywho, I started on 3mg just bc and from what I can tell it's not too harsh. I went to my local vape store and all they had was 0mg of this vape juice flavor I wanted and I got him to add some nicotine and boy is it pretty harsh. He told me to shake it well and I am fairly sure I shook it hard enough but dang it was harsh. I used my girlfriends 0mg (same flavor) to dilute it and it's a little better. I actually told him to try and make it like 2mg cause I was afraid he would put too much. Maybe I should just smoke 0mg and call it a day? I know that's recommended for non-smokers anyways. Just throw me some advice and talk to me :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I personally think you did it right. Could always buy a second bottle with 0 nic of your juice and use that second bottle to dilute the bottle that the shop puts nicotine in for you. Just a thought, but I hope it helps.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Lance4prez

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for your input dude, means a lot. I hope more will see my post and give their 2 cents! Maybe I'm not posting on a popular discussion board or it might be the fact that it's almost 1 am lol!

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I have my tapatalk set up to show when new discussions are posted, so I try to help where I can. And welcome to VU. There are many helpful people here that will help any way they can. Whiskey's Corner is a good place to meet people. Take a look around. I hope you enjoy this place as much as I do.

Lance4prez

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks so much. I would try to help if I was more knowledgeable . I'm assuming whiskey's corner is another forum? Or is a discussion board located in VU?

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a general hangout discussion board here on VU. Has good people there. There is allot of great info to be had on a LARGE array of topics vaping related and otherwise. Lots of good people too. Don't be a stranger bud.

Lance4prez

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wish I could get more responses/opinions. I guess posting during the day would generate more.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Np at all. If you need anything, you can either message here of just seems me a pm. I'll answer anything that I can or try to send you to a place here in VU that can help. Have fun bud and vape on

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whiskey's Corner that I mentioned earlier would be a great place to ask their opinions about this topic. They are quite open there. You can tell them I pointed you there if you like. Good people there

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'd recommend buying nicotine with a base and mixing in the nicotine yourself. That way you can tailor the levels to your liking and not have to worry about harsh throat hits from too high of a nicotine level from the juice you're vaping. Check out Nude Nicotine: https://www.nudenicotine.com.

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd recommend buying nicotine with a base and mixing in the nicotine yourself. That way you can tailor the levels to your liking and not have to worry about harsh throat hits from too high of a nicotine level. Check out Nude Nicotine: https://www.nudenicotine.com.

Welcome to the forum. :wave:
I considered that route since I mix my own juice, but being new to vaping, I didn't want to overload him with to much info off the bat. A good course nonetheless. The easiest way is to add it by weight. All that you'd need is a scale that can measure down to .01g (a jeweller's scale) a 5-10ml syringe, and nicotine base.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Was his nicotine base a PG or VG base? PG would make it more harsh, since you are adding PG to the pg/vg ratio. I am assuming he makes juice and knows how to calculate nic mg per ml of juice. By the time you get down to 3mg/ml I think it is more of a security blanket anyway. Like you know there IS nicotine in the juice so your brain thinks it is getting its nic fix. lol.

Lance4prez

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not sure what PG or VG means but I got my local vape shot to "pump" nicotine into it. Looked to be a liquid form I believe.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure what PG or VG means but I got my local vape shot to "pump" nicotine into it. Looked to be a liquid form I believe.

Both PG and VG are liquids. E-juice it's made up of 3 main ingredients. Vegetable Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, and flavoring. Nicotine can be added or not as well.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey everyone. Just wanted to have a interactive post with some members and maybe get some potential advice. I just got a Alien Mod 220watt TC and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I am a non-smoker and have smoked in the past (glad I quit) but when I did, I really enjoyed the craving. I know that sounds odd and I probably stand alone, but to each his own. I liked looking forward to smoking and when I was in stressful times I would just say fuck it all and go smoke a cigarette haha. Anywho, I started on 3mg just bc and from what I can tell it's not too harsh. I went to my local vape store and all they had was 0mg of this vape juice flavor I wanted and I got him to add some nicotine and boy is it pretty harsh. He told me to shake it well and I am fairly sure I shook it hard enough but dang it was harsh. I used my girlfriends 0mg (same flavor) to dilute it and it's a little better. I actually told him to try and make it like 2mg cause I was afraid he would put too much. Maybe I should just smoke 0mg and call it a day? I know that's recommended for non-smokers anyways. Just throw me some advice and talk to me :D

Some nicotine is just harsher than others -- some of us really like and crave that tingle in the mouth and throat; some seem to hate it, even former smokers. Also, some flavors are just harsher on the throat than others, and more PG will give more throat hit; more VG will give more smoothness.

Andria

Lance4prez

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Some nicotine is just harsher than others -- some of us really like and crave that tingle in the mouth and throat; some seem to hate it, even former smokers. Also, some flavors are just harsher on the throat than others, and more PG will give more throat hit; more VG will give more smoothness.

Andria

So nicotine contains part PG and part VG? The stuff he gave me might have had more PG than VG? I want smoothness, not throat hit.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So nicotine contains part PG and part VG? The stuff he gave me might have had more PG than VG? I want smoothness, not throat hit.

It can either be in PG, or in VG, or a mix -- just depends where it's bought, and how it's blended. If you buy your own, you can buy it any way you choose, though the only place I know of that offers a mix of PG/VG for their nic is e-cigexpress.com (there may be other places that offer it that way, I just don't know of them). I find their nic just as good as anyone else's, but I *like* TH, so I get it in PG. A lot of places that mix juice may use a PG-based nic, because it's thinner and easier to mix.

Andria

VU Sponsors