Become a Patron!

Plume Veil 1.5 - first rda - few issues

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last night I built my first RDA coil and wicked. Dual coils, came out to around .3 ohms. I think like 5 wraps. I didnt realize it would be difficult to get both to burn the same rate!

My question...I keep getting burnt hits. Like, I can drip some juice on and BAM get a burnt hit on the first hit. Or maybe the second. I'm not wicking it tight in the coil. On the contrary, I felt it was fairly loose. Not so loose that it would just fall out, but I felt just right. Just like I wckh my subtank rba and thats fine.

Do you guys need a pic? to help? If so ill get one tomorrow. Just thought I'd see if anyone says "okay thats a typical symptom of..." etc

Thanks as always...Ive learned by small but growing knowledge of vaping here :)

pjerzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Throw a pic up when you have a chance. What kind of coil did you build? Spaced or touching? I would check to make sure you don't have hot legs of hot spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What guage wire,ID and mod/power?
I think these are the most needed before anyone can offer any advice really. It could be your using super high watts and burning the juice, or you could be using lower power with a hot spot, or lots of things really. If you could let us know those things, it'll make it a bit easier to diagnose.

VU Sponsors