Become a Patron!

Plume Veil - Coil issues.

Salero

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Using a Plume Veil. Not sure if its a clone or not. New to mechanical modding, so I had a little trouble with my coils and I made two. For some reason only one side works. So if anyone has any advice or tips to fix this it would be much appreciated. The photo was taken with my potato so sorry for crap quality.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422687041663.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422687041663.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 20

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When only one coil is heating up, it either means one coil is not connected properly, or that they are both connected properly but that they have too big of a resistance difference between them.

Salero

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What would you recommend to resolve this issue? Like I said above I am more if a novice when it comes to mechanical mods. So in don't mind explaining further it would help greatly. Thanks Night :D

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First of all make sure you have an ohm meter!
Take out the old coils.
Build two new coils the same way with the same amount of wraps, connect them, make sure they are connected tightly, check the resistance (to make sure it's within the capabilities of your battery).
Before placing any wick and juice, light the coils and see that they are heated the same and from the inside out, if they are not, use tweezers the pinch the coil from the sides right after lighting it (make sure not to do it while you are lighting it or it will short).

Salero

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the Help! Ill look into an ohm meter.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yes, an ohm meter is a must...another thing to remember is you want your screws tightened so that the connection is secure but be careful and check your leads after you've tighten your screwed that they didn't pinch one of your leads and snap it. Some atty screws can actually cut a lead and snap the wire if they're over tightened so it's good to check the leads with something non conductive like a toothpick to make sure they're snug and don't pull out easily. Also, make sure to use your ohm's meter to check your resistance before and after you wick your coils...I've had problems with more than one clone atty's screws backing out just a hair of a turn and it's even caused an atty to short out on me because I forgot to check them...always check everything twice for safety and periodically check your screws between wick and coil changes to make sure they're tight and you'll be vaping happy for sure :)

VU Sponsors