Become a Patron!

Plume Veil Fasttech Clone Firing Issues

Hey all,

I'm new to the forums and looking for someone to shed some light on an issue I'm having with my Plume Veil. I ordered my Plume from Fasttech and received it about a week ago. I have noticed that my Plume doesn't fire as hard as my Patriot (also a Fasttech clone). I typically use the same build for all my atty's (either a dual 0.2 ohm 26 gauge micro coil setup or a dual 0.2 ohm 24 gauge macro setup) and have noticed my Patriot out-fires my Plume significantly. It's night and day. I sanded the paint off the bottom of my Plume (since it's painted gold on the bottom) and it seemed to help a little, but it's still not even as close compared to my Patriot. I saw some videos on YouTube of others firing their Plume and theirs seem to fire twice as better as mine does. It's really stumping me.

Does anyone else have this issue with their Plume? And has anyone who has had this problem been able to fix it?

My Setup:
18650 Nemesis clone (paint removed from switch and body [has helped voltage drop significantly])
Sony VTC4
Plume Veil clone
PyroWire
CelluCotton for wicking

Thanks,
RiddleKid

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This clearly sounds like a build problem , you use the exact same build in all your RDA'a ? Thats not going to allow you to really get the best out of them as some shine with very different builds.

A little confused by what you mean by firing problem , is it receiving power , if so it's not a firing problem it sounds like the wrong build to me.

Lots of guys on here who have experience with that model, i would listen to their recommendations.

Thank you for your input. I vary my builds but mostly stay between 0.2-0.4 ohms. It was receiving power, but just not exerting what it should. I actually pulled it apart after I posted and removed the center post and found some metal shavings in there. I blew them out, cleaned the posts and it improved significantly. It was acting before like it had a big voltage drop. It would take a while for the coils to heat up and vapor production was minimal. I have been looking at some of the other Plume builds that were posted on here and will definitely try those out on my next build.

I appreciate your input.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No problem friend , checking out what others go with is the right thing to do , i'm sure you will find your ideal build.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@VH fan did you check the center dual post mine got loose on me last week and it just stoped working I was like
WTF so I tightened it I noticed you can spin that sucker all the way around just a thought.. mine is back up and running until last night
I had it on my Overdose and forgot to lock that damned ring it set there for I guess a minute melted all the internal black delrin or whatever it is onto the posts and ruined my delrin drip tip to I have to fix it laterz dear

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
RiddleKid44, i think MrScaryZ's post was directed at you. Don't know if thats an issue with yours.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for your input. I vary my builds but mostly stay between 0.2-0.4 ohms. It was receiving power, but just not exerting what it should. I actually pulled it apart after I posted and removed the center post and found some metal shavings in there. I blew them out, cleaned the posts and it improved significantly. It was acting before like it had a big voltage drop. It would take a while for the coils to heat up and vapor production was minimal. I have been looking at some of the other Plume builds that were posted on here and will definitely try those out on my next build.

I appreciate your input.
Sorry kinda busy today check that middle
Post it tightens by the bottom screw on the .510 connection even with simple builds it gives me probs now it's melted so just my experience

VU Sponsors