Plume veil new builder first build

dclifford

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello all

Amateur here so bare with me.. I have done several builds on the plume veil and I'm having trouble each time. The main problem is getting both coils to fire. I also don't feel like it is hitting hard like it should (I've watched YouTube videos of the plume veil). I have attached a picture below of my current build with just one coil. I just tried adding another coil and only one was firing. What would cause this? I also am having an issue with how to keep the coils from touching each other. Once I get one coil on it seems impossible to get the other on without them touching. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
f08549184019af58b3b93045e4215d80.jpg

Dutzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How are they touching each other? You would put the other coil on opposite side through the remaining open post holes.

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's a big coil. What gauge? How many wraps? What power are you firing at?

dclifford

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When I put it through the posts on the other side after I already have 1 coil on there it's hard to get to to cut the excess wire off because the other coil is in the way.. Am I doing something wrong

dclifford

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's 26 gauge 7/8 wraps. I'm trying to build around 1 ohm but want dual coils and keep ending up way under. I have a ipv2

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
When I put it through the posts on the other side after I already have 1 coil on there it's hard to get to to cut the excess wire off because the other coil is in the way.. Am I doing something wrong
Once you install the first coil, lift it up so it does not get in the way of the other coil. Then after all is done, you can adjust your coil height to however you prefer.
t9hDOid.png

This build is on a Magma, but as you can see, I like my coils to ride HIGH. Rule of thumb, the incoming air from the air holes should have no choice but to hit your coils.

dclifford

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This morning I made the mistake and had it to high and my coil melted to the top cap a little bit. I spent all day trying to fix it at work. Luckily I work at a desk job

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use 26 ga I did 8 wraps my came out 1.0 single coil.
When I bought it the at shop build me dual parallel coil that came in at .04. Which it was kinda intense for me as a new guy trying a dripper.
I will take other suggestions on the build fir my mvp and my Ana box mod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dclifford

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
But if you were to do 8 wraps with dual then it will come in around. 5.. That's the problem that I keep running into

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But if you were to do 8 wraps with dual then it will come in around. 5.. That's the problem that I keep running into
Try 8 wraps single Micro coil.
Looks like in your pic you did to righting up your coils a little better and try it to have it lever with the pos deck. This what works for me. The only to do is try again wicking is important also.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When I bought it the at shop build me dual parallel coil that came in at .04. Which it was kinda intense for me as a new guy trying a dripper.

.04 like it is ok is very close to bad things happening..

Brian33

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The way i did my duals on my Plume was, i put in the first coil tighten the post lifted up the excess leads clipped them. As i was putting the second in I measured the positive lead outside the hole and made the cut to fit with out having much excess out the other where it was touching the first coil. I was having the same problem and which being a first time vaper i didnt have the right tools to be able to snip off leads. Hope i make sense and you get your duals going.
Happy Vaping and remember ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412667050.742069.jpg

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I would never go back to that shop...that's very irresponsible.

dclifford

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you Brian that does make sense. What is a rda or rta that would be less airy then the plume veil? I want to get an rta to use while im at work as I'm worried that my work will get tired of me dripping every 10 minutes. I like the clouds I'm able to produce compared to the Nautilus so I want to stick with rebuildables

dclifford

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
374cc7ffe3d9ab66508c9be38e00c434.jpg
[/IMG]

After about an hour of frustration last night this is what I came up with

Brian33

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
374cc7ffe3d9ab66508c9be38e00c434.jpg
[/IMG]

After about an hour of frustration last night this is what I came up with
No problem. Nice build. Looks just like mine. Well actually you can close off the air flow on it. Try and build the coils where you shut off the post air flow and close the side air holes a bit. Play with it enjoy her. Ill post pic of my build soon

dclifford

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How do you mean to close off the post air flow? And is it OK to close the side air holes off? For some reason I thought you had to leave them open but I guess not.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello all

Amateur here so bare with me.. I have done several builds on the plume veil and I'm having trouble each time. The main problem is getting both coils to fire. I also don't feel like it is hitting hard like it should (I've watched YouTube videos of the plume veil). I have attached a picture below of my current build with just one coil. I just tried adding another coil and only one was firing. What would cause this? I also am having an issue with how to keep the coils from touching each other. Once I get one coil on it seems impossible to get the other on without them touching. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
f08549184019af58b3b93045e4215d80.jpg

The coils should be a little further away from the center area. To get closer to the side air holes and to give you more room to clip wires. You can also wiggle the wire tails up and down (many times) if you don't have small scissors or snips to get in there with. That will snap it off flush with the screw.

0.4 should be a nice cool vape on an atty with that kind of air flow. If you were coughing or it was harsh on your throat, its probably because your nic level is the same as what you use in a tank or worse a kangar (or like it).

In general you want to cut your nic level in about 1/2 going from a tank to a dripper. The dripper will deliver much more nic and keeping to the same level will be too harsh.

Brian33

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What watts do you run this at?
On the top cap you can turn it to close the side air holes. Air flow i believe is to cool down your coils so your atty wont get hot.

Idk the wattage since its a mechanical vape. All i know is that it pulls 14amps.

dclifford

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The coils should be a little further away from the center area. To get closer to the side air holes and to give you more room to clip wires. You can also wiggle the wire tails up and down (many times) if you don't have small scissors or snips to get in there with. That will snap it off flush with the screw.

0.4 should be a nice cool vape on an atty with that kind of air flow. If you were coughing or it was harsh on your throat, its probably because your nic level is the same as what you use in a tank or worse a kangar (or like it).

In general you want to cut your nic level in about 1/2 going from a tank to a dripper. The dripper will deliver much more nic and keeping to the same level will be too harsh.

So put the coils closer to the outside of the deck? The wire cutters I have are really thick and keeps me from getting in a small space to clip them so that's a good idea to break them off. I cut my nic level from 12 down to 6.my build is at. 8 and I just tried raising my watts up to 30 based off someone else's comment. I love the flavor and cloud production I just wish the draw was a lithe bit closer to the draw of of a tank I have used in the past.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, like some of the pics above... in the middle or even closer to the vent than to the post. Make sure the coil is not so far over it contacts the walls and shorts.

The air flow will be different than a tank. It will force you to take lung hits, mouth hits (like a cig) or mouth to lung hits just don't work as well with a free flowing atty.

You can close off some of the air but then you are making the vape hotter with less cloud. A little closed off is ok, a lot not ok. As you close it off more you will probably find you need to drop wattage more.

If you are using a variable watt device, start low like 15w and go up in 5w increments to see what works well with the coil you built... then fine tune to the perfect watt... like maybe 17 or 19 or 21 or...

I vape 3mg in my orchid and drippers, 6 in a kayfun. Been too long to remember but probably closer to 12 in a kangar. All delivering the same nic level.

Last edited:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also, what tank are you coming from that you vaped 12 in?

When wiggling the tails to snap them off, it will show if a coil is loose. If the coil moves while wiggling, tighten that screw up.

dclifford

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I will try this when I rebuild (probably tonight, since I received all of my new stuff I have spent every night after work messing with it and it is driving my wife crazy lol). My favorite tank I have used the most is the Nautilus. I had a pro tank but hated it because of the airflow. I am using the plume veil on a ipv2 so I should be good watage wise right?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I would never go back to that shop...that's very irresponsible.
A slight understatement at that.
I once freaked out on a dude sub ohming with a k100 and a no named battery powering it.
We got to a spot that had an ohm tester and he admitted he had no idea what ohms were, or amp drains on a battery were. Honestly was shocked his battery had not gone critical with how low ohms he was pushing with that .12 shop built special.

Once we got his squared away safety wise he went on his merry.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will try this when I rebuild (probably tonight, since I received all of my new stuff I have spent every night after work messing with it and it is driving my wife crazy lol). My favorite tank I have used the most is the Nautilus. I had a pro tank but hated it because of the airflow. I am using the plume veil on a ipv2 so I should be good wattage wise right?

I don't use vv/vw mods but I'm sure that has more than enough to power your atty.

So those are pretty much kangar style tanks... you may end up down to 3mg with a dripper, don't rule it out if you cant get it set up to where you don't have a gnarly throat hit.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
On the top cap you can turn it to close the side air holes. Air flow i believe is to cool down your coils so your atty wont get hot.

Idk the wattage since its a mechanical vape. All i know is that it pulls 14amps.
Cool down the coils and add volume to the vapour.

dclifford

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cool down the coils and add volume to the vapour.

I don't use vv/vw mods but I'm sure that has more than enough to power your atty.

So those are pretty much kangar style tanks... you may end up down to 3mg with a dripper, don't rule it out if you cant get it set up to where you don't have a gnarly throat hit.
My issue is actually the opposite.. Not enough throat hit. I do know what you mean about the nic being too high though because at first I used 12 MG through the plume veil and about killed me. I went out and bought some 6mg and it got a lot better but now I feel like the vapor had very little substance to it (which is what I'm referring to as airy). I'm getting clouds though but just very little throat hit. Does this make any sense or am I crazy?

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A lot of the throat hit comes from the nic level. Also more PG than VG will also contribute... but mostly the nic.

Mix some 6 and 12 and see if that gets the throat hit you are looking for. Also if you are using a 100% VG juice, try a 50/50. try a few variations all on the same build to give constancy.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
What do you mean by add volume to the vapor?
The atomised vapour is quite condensed when first entering the atmosphere. Adding air creates a vortex which separates and distributes the micro droplets. The jetstream does the very same thing in the atmosphere..couple this with convection and the suspended moisture increases in volume, creating clouds.

dclifford

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When putting wick in the coil how do you know when you don't have enough or have too much? Here is what I got
a1abab49f76b82be9ebd4bc517f9ad7b.jpg

dclifford

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So tuck it underneath and then juice it? Should it be a tight fit or really loose

dclifford

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't feel like I am really able to use the juice well on this.. I don't know if I am wicking it correct or not but I basically have to drip after 4 or 5 drags

Brian33

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't feel like I am really able to use the juice well on this.. I don't know if I am wicking it correct or not but I basically have to drip after 4 or 5 drags
Wick looks good as long as you can put the cap on good shes good to puff

VU Sponsors