Become a Patron!

Plume veil new builder first build

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ccabb084470d61f75aa898092c64386a.jpg

Here's after I tucked it
dude don't tuck to hard just put the cotton on the base of the atty so juice can go in there and wick it... Make sure u don't tuck under the coil put some space there... Make sure you pull on the coil TIGHT!!
IF UR IN ORANGE COUNTY HIT ME UP..

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Bottom line is what works for YOU. Personally, I could wick two atties with that amount.

alex31804

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have you vaped and if so do you like it? And for me 4 or 5 drags before a redrip on the plume veil is normal. If you want something with a deeper well, try a magma or veritas. Both are good flavorful attys. Best of luck!

Blue Horse

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you're still looking to build to 1.0 ohms, 11 full wraps of 28AWG Kanthal around a 3/32" rod should get you there,For Dual Coils..Each of the Coils will be 2.0 ohms by themselves & 1.0 ohms in Parallel.... I prefer to run my RDA lower, around 0.5 ohms, but there it is.....

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
If you're still looking to build to 1.0 ohms, 11 full wraps of 28AWG Kanthal around a 3/32" rod should get you there,For Dual Coils..Each of the Coils will be 2.0 ohms by themselves & 1.0 ohms in Parallel.... I prefer to run my RDA lower, around 0.5 ohms, but there it is.....
THAT is a lot of wraps. Personally I'd go with 26 or 24 and fewer wraps, but that is just me.

Blue Horse

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
THAT is a lot of wraps. Personally I'd go with 26 or 24 and fewer wraps, but that is just me.
24AWG or 26AWG takes More Wraps to make 1.0 ohm than 28AWG........ 26AWG wrapped around a 3/32 Rod takes 17 wraps per coil.......Remember the OP was shooting for 1.0 Ohms with Dual Coils in Parallel.... So each coil would be 2.0 Ohms.....

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I must be more thorough in my back post reading....I hereby sit corrected.

Blue Horse

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I must be more thorough in my back post reading....I hereby sit corrected.

No Problem, I'm in the other Boat, I have 100' of 28AWG wire, to build a 0.5 or lower Dual Coil setup, I end up with real short Coils... Till I get some 24-26AWG wire, I've gone to Twisted 28AWG Coils.... 28AWG is perfect for my single coil builds on a Kayfun or Erlkonigin....

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I have about 20 metres of 28g that I pretty much use to slice cheese. I use 22 in my drippers, and 24 in my gennies and Orchids

dclifford

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like it but I don't feel like it is hitting hard enough. My current build is at. 7 and it feels so much airier then the tank i used in the past (Nautilus). I've messed around with all of the different air adjustments and if I close it off I don't get enough vapor and it still doesn't hit hard enough to my liking.. I have a Orchid on the way so hopefully that will be more of my style. How do you like the plume veil?

dclifford

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What is the benefit to twisted kanthal?

dclifford

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So after using the plume veil for over a week I'm now back to using the Nautilus because I cannot find a way to make it less airy. Even with using the same high nic level that I use in the Nautilus it is just not doing it for me. I find that really hard to believe with as many people as there are that love this rda. What rda should I try next to get a draw similar to the Nautilus?

dclifford

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I saw some people saying the reason they build so low is because of the throat hit they get, is this true?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Throat hit can be a combination of PG level, Nic level, heat

dclifford

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What would cause my coil to continue firing for a few seconds after I let off the button? It's a. 7 ohm build on the plume veil with organic cotton on a ipv2..it wasn't doing this before. Any thoughts?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
What would cause my coil to continue firing for a few seconds after I let off the button? It's a. 7 ohm build on the plume veil with organic cotton on a ipv2..it wasn't doing this before. Any thoughts?
What gauge wire, how many wraps? Thicker gauge wire takes longer to "ramp up" and cool down, especially with an increase in wraps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dclifford

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's 26 gauge. Dual coil I think about 7/8 wraps each

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It's 26 gauge. Dual coil I think about 7/8 wraps each
If you like that resistance then go 28g and fewer wraps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bwent

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think I should point out that even though you are getting nic from your juice. You will still crave a cig. It took me about 3 months before I stopped looking for my lighter and a pack of smokes. Nice thing is the cig tastes like crap after a month so you tend to want it less.

bryce666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I stopped smoking for three months. Battery went dead on my vape while fishing in the middle of nowhere. Bummed a smoke off my buddy that was with me. I couldn't even smoke it, it tasted soo bad. Vaping is soo much better, even though the urge to smoke was there, the flavor wasnt. I keep an extra battery with me now. And my buddy that still smoked, vapes now too...

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I stopped smoking for three months. Battery went dead on my vape while fishing in the middle of nowhere. Bummed a smoke off my buddy that was with me. I couldn't even smoke it, it tasted soo bad. Vaping is soo much better, even though the urge to smoke was there, the flavor wasnt. I keep an extra battery with me now. And my buddy that still smoked, vapes now too...
FYI, theres a seller on ebay that sells water proof battery storage boxes for 18650's. I need to pick up a few myself for boating and fishing

alex31804

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They also have them on fasttech.com if you can wait for them. I bought a pair for me and my dad when we go kayaking

VU Sponsors