1. THE VAPORJOES NETWORK IS GIVING AWAY A PLAYSTATION 4 PRO
    CLICK HERE FOR INFO

PMs hijacked

Discussion in 'Report a BUG!' started by JuicyLucy, Jul 23, 2016.

1. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I was reviewing a pm convo I had last week with a member and another members name now appears as the OP. Checked another pm and its the same thing. Some PMs hijacked, others not.

I would like to talk to a mod about this because I am concerned that the member is bot or something because some of my pms have been hijacked.

2. gingerbread

gingerbread Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Hope they sort it soon JL. Will check mine.

3. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    The hijacker is fckaugust or something like that.

It hijacked messages from one member and the automatic notifications for feedback

There may be more, I'm still looking through my PMs

@TygerTyger

4. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Hey guys, I want to assure you that no one has been hijacked. It's IP related, at this time, I can't give you further details, because this is all I know.

Please know, it's being looked into, so thanks for your patience!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    UncleRJ, Atchafalaya, Whiskey and 2 others like this.
  5. TheKiddVapes

TheKiddVapes Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:

6. SMOKIE

SMOKIE THE MODFATHER Staff Member VU Senior Leadership VU Senior Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Live Leadership VU Live Host Show Host Reviewer Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    No he did not hijack anything, it was my error of trying to merge a member with two accounts and with the bot picking up the same IP. Those accounts have been deleted now. So everything should be just fine.

7. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    Thanks - from a using perspective it was a little unnerving - so the feedback-bot will always be @fckaugust8th now?

That's hilarious

gingerbread likes this.
  8. SMOKIE

SMOKIE THE MODFATHER Staff Member VU Senior Leadership VU Senior Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Live Leadership VU Live Host Show Host Reviewer Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    Is your feed back still with fckaugust8th? I do not think so! So no longer Hilarious.

9. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    Very much so

10. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    PMed you a screenshot

11. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I think she means Market Bot used to be the name of the notifier when someone left you feedback from the Trading Post area. It now says "fckaugust8th" instead.

12. SMOKIE

Blog Posts:
    Do you see that on her feed back because I do not?

13. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    No, Market Bot isn't exactly a "member", per se, more like an automated notifier.

If I leave feedback for a member from a trade or sale in the Trading Post, they get a PM in their alerts, not from me, but from Market Bot, letting them know they've received feedback in their Trading Stats. I think what she's saying is, that any PM's she had in her Conversations now say they're from "fckaugust8th", instead of from Market Bot.

This used to say Market Bot.

upload_2016-7-23_12-32-32.png

14. SMOKIE

Blog Posts:
    Yes she is going off a old message which will not change but her feed back stats are from the correct members now

15. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    Huck is correct and mine still shows that

16. SMOKIE

Blog Posts:
    A MESSAGE ONLY! Look at your stats and tell me if you see fckaugust8th has given you any feed back?

17. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    Feed back page show original deal-makers.

So Fuhgeddaboudit!

18. SMOKIE

Blog Posts:
    Correct, it was just a message that only you are able to see, Thank you

19. Cruel-Phate

Cruel-Phate Just Thomas VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I guess I am this dumb, "so fckaugust8th and floridagolferboi is the same person? Little confused because I just traded with that dude last week, he was sending me pm last night, "I knew something weird was going on, "I am still not sure :( I called him out for using my picture, seemed odd
    Just delete if I am just opening a can of worms

20. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    Did the deal go through to your satisfaction at least?

Huckleberried likes this.
  21. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    We're in the process of getting everything fixed, but I hope you got tracking info, and didn't pay with F&F.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/guidelines-for-safe-transactions-and-forum-disclaimers.183/

22. Cruel-Phate

Blog Posts:
    I traded him for a copper limitless mod with 2 sleeves....."I was a little disappointed because he sent no packaging as picture showed and he only sent me one sleeve and the one that came with it was a little scratched up....he printed me a tracking number right away but I noticed it was not picked up and actually tracking until the day he received my stuff, "so that was aggravating, "I thought he just had trust issues :) Anyhow, I did not say much, I just chalked it up as that's the risk you take when trading with strangers, guess he was padding his trade stats, dunno what his scam was, he for sure received the better deal, I sent him brand new mod and addy, oh well, what can you do, no money was exchanged

Whiskey likes this.
  23. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    He hasn't posted more of his crap on ECF classies since Tuesday.

The thing to do is to get the person to say in writing exactly what they are sending you.

I used to mod on a different kind of hobby site and have seen it all on what some idiots will do to try to increase/up prices on their wares.

If a person is an honest trader/seller there is no need to schill or pad anything

You were right to call him out on the photo thing.

I know someone else here on VU who was very upset with a trade: they got their original item back.

Hank F. Spankman and Cruel-Phate like this.
  24. iiKryptic

iiKryptic Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Yup exactly, that is why all of floridagolferbois posts now say fckaugust. Same IP same photos, same person. After i bought the Sig. I ws about to buy that lavabox, until you commented that it was your photo, you saved my bacon.

JuicyLucy likes this.
  25. skt239

skt239 VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    iiKryptic likes this.
  26. Mattp169

Mattp169 Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    wait what the hell is going on
    i did a trade with floridagolferboi...slight issue but it all worked out fine

i just did a purchase form fckaugust8 and am awaiting teh shipping but he sent me a phto of the package all with a label
    and the address are totally different states

27. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, that one way clinched it for me too.

I could chalk up the sour trade I already knew about to caveat emptor/differing opinions on what constitutes perfect condition, etc.

But most people who trade and/or sell a lot of shit usually concentrate on high-end stuff or specialize, like only DNA mods or squonkers, rare attys, that kind of thing.

His shit was all over the place

skt239 likes this.
  28. SMOKIE

Blog Posts:
    Did he send you any tracking yet?

29. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    Well, keep everyone appraised.

He may have been schilling someone else's stuff who lives somewhere else and never had the shit in his hand in the first place.

I've seen that before also

30. SirVtHondaGuy08

SirVtHondaGuy08 Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    He was way off on description on that reo, granted I know 100% that the 1-10 scale is totally subjective but in general a crushed corner doesn't make anything a 9/10. So can be said for the 510 issues it had.

I'd suggest if anyone has his phone number maybe try and reach out to him, contact and see if anything is happening.

Sent from my Toaster using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy likes this.
  31. Mattp169

Blog Posts:
    i had honestly forgot about it for a day and just sent him a message a fe wmninutes ago

32. Mattp169

Blog Posts:
    @SMOKIE can you clarify this sitiation for me so i know if i need to be concerend. Did flogidagolferboi have his name changed to fckaugust8th?

33. Cruel-Phate

Blog Posts:
    I don't want to add insult to injury, "he has the mod I received from him up for sale on ebay.........."hey, that's my empty box he did not send me along with my extra sleeve he did not send me, sure you guys recognize that Kennedy he's been trying to unload....yup, something scandalous going on, need to check my shit, maybe he sent me a clone...wow, "I feel dumb now :(

34. iiKryptic

iiKryptic Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Not a name change, same person 2 different accounts. Both were posting at the same times. Than when he started to get questioned, he tried to hide his tracks with a VPN service, the VU system than merged the accounts because it sees the same IP. When I look at my PM from fckaugust it now says unknown member, messages from floridagolfer say fckaugust.

skt239 likes this.
  35. Whiskey

Whiskey Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    You can send him a PM if you have questions

36. SirVtHondaGuy08

Blog Posts:
    Correct he has the limitless with cloud sleeve and cloud drip tip listed(without Kennedy), the Kennedy listed by itself, and the lot of new lg batteries listed.

37. skt239

skt239 VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    What name is he using on ebay, floridaglofboi or fcukaugust8th?

JuicyLucy likes this.
  38. SirVtHondaGuy08

Blog Posts:
    Neither, it's under his name. A quick search for "limitless mod" found it.

39. Whiskey

Whiskey Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Like to also remind folks that we have a hall of shame for scammers, just putting that out there.

iiKryptic likes this.
  40. AlbyKortoona

AlbyKortoona VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Now you moderators have some real shit to deal with...but yeah, let's remind the members to alert everyone.

That guy had a scratched up piece of shit Petri V1.5 he was trying to peddle, I called bs in pm's with him, and suddenly on the thread it was sold.

iiKryptic likes this.
  41. Mattp169

Blog Posts:
    here's a link to the 12 lg batteries with a picture of 11
    so this is floridagolferboi

42. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    OK... wait. We don't know for a fact that anyone was the same person as anyone else. We do know that there were several of the same IP addys, they were merged, including the Market Bot, which is now fixed. As for the members involved, they need to get new accts. Anyone that was using a VPN could possibly have ended up with the same IP.

Sure, it's possible that they are the same person, but to my knowledge, it's not fact that they are. There were some sketchy pics being posted by fckaugust8th last night that got removed by that same person.

Whiskey likes this.
  43. Mattp169

Blog Posts:
    good news i dont seethe atty i purchased listed on ebay

44. SirVtHondaGuy08

Blog Posts:
    What atty?

45. Mattp169

Blog Posts:
    yeah the address label that fckaugust8th sent me is not the same name or state as floridagolferboi
    if anyone sent floridagolferboi a paypal, pm the email you sent money to, ill post if its the same email i sent paypal to for fckaugust8th

46. Mattp169

Blog Posts:
    i bought a limitless plus form him

47. Mattp169

Blog Posts:
    did my ebay link get removed

48. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    Most ebay links don't post.

49. Mattp169

Blog Posts:
  50. SirVtHondaGuy08

Blog Posts:
    Mind sending me the return address he sent you on the label? I have a done a couple of deals with him and am willing to compare with the addresses I have which I know for a fact are his actual address.

JuicyLucy likes this.