Become a Patron!

Pocket knife was bought into sons school

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Forgive me but this story is long. This all started on my kids bus ride home. My kid states he sat down on a seat and a child next to him said not to sit there. He sat down, anyways so the other child proceeded to kick my kid til my kid got mad and punched the kid. The child fell and stated saying he wanted to harm himself. So my son moved to another seat after all this. The other kid proceeded to pull a pocket knife and showed it to some other students on bus saying that he should of pulled this out on my son. My child gets home upset tells my wife everything. She then goes ahead and emails his teacher everything. So we don't hear anything til Monday where I had to drive my son to school and speak with principal. She goes ahead and tells me that the other child has already been sent home and there deciding on how long the suspension will be. I said what? Suspension? I'm thinking expulsion. Mind you all the kids he showed knife to and made the statements he made all were asked and confirmed everything my son told us. So she says that she will call us and let us know whats going on. I'm already not happy with how this is being handled. Tuesday teacher calls my wife and says the kid is only getting a one week suspension and goes ahead and states the other childs parents do not deny he had the knife but deny what statements he made. She is mad but not as mad as me. My wife had a convo with the principal and asked well maybe he shouldn't be riding the bus while my kid is riding the bus. Which I didn't want. For safety of my child I don't believe I'm over exaggerating. So she states that's a good Idea she will get back to us. We agreed we weren't satisfied with the situation so we decide to call the superintendant of out school district. He calls my wife back and said that he was confident in the principals actions and if she did want to give him more suspension days, she would have to get approval from school board. My thoughts are ok whats issue. That she doesn't want to do her job which I pay for with my school taxes. My wife goes ahead and tells me that the kids comments about hurting himself were never told to him by the school. WHOA. That's kind of a big deal. I understand now when a child makes statements of this kind it has to be reported to child protective services. I cant believe that the school did not tell their boss the superintendant of this. He goes and tells my wife that now he has to look further into this and will get back to her Wednesday. Today is Thursday still haven't heard from school or superintendant. This morning I go ahead and call school on the advice of a family member to schedule a meeting with school and superintendant. The principal answers phone and instead of saying hello Mr, she answers with yes. I say hello she says yes again. Wow. I ask her that I need a meeting with her and super. She tells me in a unprofessional way that they both have to be free and same time for a meeting. At this point I'm like you guys are a bunch of assholes. I call the super right afterwards and get voicemail. Leave message still haven't heard back about this serious situation. My kid was threatened and also he threatned to harm himself. Unreal that this school district in my eyes is being so nonchalant about this. My kids safety is my number one priority and he is not happy that he has to see this kid Tuesday in school. I told my son to stay away from this kid since right now we don't know whats going on. but if this child were not to leave you alone do what you have to do to get to a safe place. I don't feel I am overreacting at all or being petty or whatever they want to call it. I feel firest and foremost I am doing this for my childs safety and safety of others.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I understand completely where you are coming from. Just today my son was bullied on the bus on his way home. We are going to talk to the principal tomorrow actually. It's ridiculous what these kids are doing nowadays. It stems mostly from the lack of discipline these kids receive at home. My son wouldn't even consider actions like this because he knows that the repercussions wouldn't bode well for him.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
DO NOT EVER leave these decisions up to chance, call your local news station and give them the scoop, as a matter of fact copy and paste this and force the principal and superintendent to answer for this. These people are responsible for your children everyday and if they can't handle that responsibility there is someone else who will.

Sent from my Pixel XL

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I understand completely where you are coming from. Just today my son was bullied on the bus on his way home. We are going to talk to the principal tomorrow actually. It's ridiculous what these kids are doing nowadays. It stems mostly from the lack of discipline these kids receive at home. My son wouldn't even consider actions like this because he knows that the repercussions wouldn't bode well for him.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

I agree brother. I teach my son to defend himself. Like I told my wife we don't know how these kids are at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
WOW and WTF!

Since the Public Education System in your area values Covering Their Own Asses and the asses of future criminals above all else...............

Take your story to the press, TV and Newspapers if you are sound in your resolve.

Something similar happened to our family years ago.

And by Damn, I got it resolved to my satisfaction!

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
DO NOT EVER leave these decisions up to chance, call your local news station and give them the scoop, as a matter of fact copy and paste this and force the principal and superintendent to answer for this. These people are responsible for your children everyday and if they can't handle that responsibility there is someone else who will.

Sent from my Pixel XL

I believe which I'm not sure of but I think principal is mad that we went above her. I really don't care if she is. This is my child not hers. My next steps were to the states board of ed. My last resort which I don't want but if need be I will was police which is crazy because that was mentioned in our meeting and she advised against it. Now I know why. But I'm looking out for my kid. And also looking out for this kid as well. U don't want to see any child hurt themselves or others. But my kid is my priority and my responsibility.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
WOW and WTF!

Since the Public Education System in your area values Covering Their Own Asses and the asses of future criminals above all else...............

Take your story to the press, TV and Newspapers if you are sound in your resolve.

Something similar happened to our family years ago.

And by Damn, I got it resolved to my satisfaction!

I'm looking out for my kid. All that stuff is my last resort. I mean if it comes to that so be it. Next call is to the board of ed for the state if I can't get a call back by tomorrow afternoon. Your right these people are covering there ass and it's pissing me off. But I'm looking out for these kids mentally also. My son doesn't want to go back to school when this kid is off suspension so I'm trying to handle all this by Tuesday. Crazy how these parents are today. I'm sure if this was principal or supers child this would have gone a different way

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Update: Received missed call from school. No voicemail left from them. Smdh. Called back within 2 min no answer and I left voicemail. Have not heard back from them. I called super left another voicemail still have not heard back from him either

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Have you filed a police report yet and if so why not?

I have not yet because I was trying to give the school benefit of the doubt. My next course was the state board of ed.

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry but if he is threating himself and others with a knife the police should know about it. Get it in their files there is something wrong with this kid and you may have the chance to nip it in the butt before it gets any worse. Hell next time he could bring a gun to the fight….

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have not yet because I was trying to give the school benefit of the doubt. My next course was the state board of ed.

IMHO, it looks like the school has their collective heads buried in the sand.

Document all conversations and communication attempts.

Then get the police involved.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Teaching your son how to deal with the world is more important than attempting to have various government agencies solve his problems. Be a man and a father first. Worry about everyone else second. Just a perspective to consider.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
personally IMHO.
1. hold the school accountable for your sons safety or join the homeschool system
2. dont parent for someone else who does not care for their child.
3. in your shoes i would have gotten the police involved asap. (real world lessons need to be taught.) that is to say when possible stay within the system. the police deal with threats to your person not a school board or its systems.
4. coming from someone who shares an experience close to that of your son as a child if the school is seen as a failure then he needs to be put in a better one. kids lose faith in adults quickly over issues like this. they don't feel it as a child but it messes with their view of the world trust me i know. i have grown up as a result of Adults who where only after covering their paycheck and not protecting the future

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Teaching your son how to deal with the world is more important than attempting to have various government agencies solve his problems. Be a man and a father first. Worry about everyone else second. Just a perspective to consider.

As far as I'm concerned my job first is his safety and well being. My job is to make sure he goes to school ready to learn not be worried about is something going to happen to him. Agree? From the moment he gets on that bus it's the schools job to make sure he is ok til he gets home off the bus. That's what the school taxes I pay every year is for. It's the schools responsibility I handle everything after that. Do I hold school responsible for what I feel is a shit way of handling the situation absolutely I do. He is 11 he can't handle his own issue of this situation. I can't tell him go to school Tuesday and beat this kid up. That's shitty parenting. An update of the situation is the principal states as of today there is nothing more that can be done and he will be allowed to take the bus to school. With all due respect to everyone involved my number one and only concern is my child well being.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
personally IMHO.
1. hold the school accountable for your sons safety or join the homeschool system
2. dont parent for someone else who does not care for their child.
3. in your shoes i would have gotten the police involved asap. (real world lessons need to be taught.) that is to say when possible stay within the system. the police deal with threats to your person not a school board or its systems.
4. coming from someone who shares an experience close to that of your son as a child if the school is seen as a failure then he needs to be put in a better one. kids lose faith in adults quickly over issues like this. they don't feel it as a child but it messes with their view of the world trust me i know. i have grown up as a result of Adults who where only after covering their paycheck and not protecting the future

I absolutely only want school to deal with this but when I feel that not everything is being done to fix this problem. That's an issue. As a place of learning what are you teaching these kids. That it's ok to do what u want and nothing is going to happen. That's great. I didn't want to go higher than the super but now it's whatever

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As far as I'm concerned my job first is his safety and well being. My job is to make sure he goes to school ready to learn not be worried about is something going to happen to him. Agree? From the moment he gets on that bus it's the schools job to make sure he is ok til he gets home off the bus. That's what the school taxes I pay every year is for. It's the schools responsibility I handle everything after that. Do I hold school responsible for what I feel is a shit way of handling the situation absolutely I do. He is 11 he can't handle his own issue of this situation. I can't tell him go to school Tuesday and beat this kid up. That's shitty parenting. An update of the situation is the principal states as of today there is nothing more that can be done and he will be allowed to take the bus to school. With all due respect to everyone involved my number one and only concern is my child well being.

His safety and well being will be his sole responsibility some day. Start preparing him for that time now. Don't get so consumed by the details of this specific situation that you lose site of the big picture that is being a father who is preparing his son to become a man. A persons safety and well being is their responsibility first, not someone else's. Or just ignore us old timers. Cause what do we know. I'm not offering short term advice. Plenty of others can do that. I'm offering a more long term way of looking at things. Too many fathers act like mothers. Don't forget to be a father.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Fuck that yo! call the cops get a restraining order against that knife wielding coloumbine waiting to happen.
Fuck the school, fuck the horrible parents call CPS and the popo raise the fucking stink of ages.

The only reason it is a blade is the little bastard could not get a gun. Ask China and England how well leaving unstable sumbitches alone with a blade in a school is.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
His safety and well being will be his sole responsibility some day. Start preparing him for that time now. Don't get so consumed by the details of this specific situation that you lose site of the big picture that is being a father who is preparing his son to become a man. A persons safety and well being is their responsibility first, not someone else's. Or just ignore us old timers. Cause what do we know. I'm not offering short term advice. Plenty of others can do that. I'm offering a more long term way of looking at things. Too many fathers act like mothers. Don't forget to be a father.

Of course he is preparing to be a man. So being a kid and doin kid stuff is not important now So what your saying is it's fine for this now and tell an 11 yr old hey be a man now and suck it up forget being a child. By all means I respect my elders and any advice they give is always taken and never disrespected so please don't say I don't respect or take into account what ur saying. I understand the wisdom they give. But let's be serious he is a child not a grown man yet. He can't move out he can't cook for himself yet. He can't drive himself. So don't forget he is still a child and needs someone to guide and help him. Not say hey your on your kid.
Believe me he is taught to defend himself. He is taught to clean up after himself. Not hey mom and dad clean up after me. I'm that parent that holds him accountable. That school knows me. They know I don't play around with him. They called me one day because he was being a class clown. They wanted to give him detention for one day. I said no that's not enough. And suggested they make it 3 days detention. I'm that parent that doesn't play around. When I was in school. I was hit by nuns for being bad. I was in detention for days. So he is held accountable for everything.

Last edited:

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Fuck that yo! call the cops get a restraining order against that knife wielding coloumbine waiting to happen.
Fuck the school, fuck the horrible parents call CPS and the popo raise the fucking stink of ages.

The only reason it is a blade is the little bastard could not get a gun. Ask China and England how well leaving unstable sumbitches alone with a blade in a school is.

I agree and that's what I'm trying to avoid. Nobody knows what anyone is capable of and I'm going to protect mine before anyone else

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am not bullshitting you.
11 years old is not an age limit is mental illness and anti social behavior.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I believe which I'm not sure of but I think principal is mad that we went above her. I really don't care if she is. This is my child not hers. My next steps were to the states board of ed. My last resort which I don't want but if need be I will was police which is crazy because that was mentioned in our meeting and she advised against it. Now I know why. But I'm looking out for my kid. And also looking out for this kid as well. U don't want to see any child hurt themselves or others. But my kid is my priority and my responsibility.

My view is not to delay, but go right to the top and also have a conversation with the cops. It's better to grab the situation by the balls then let it get swept under the rug.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My view is not to delay, but go right to the top and also have a conversation with the cops. It's better to grab the situation by the balls then let it get swept under the rug.

Absolutely. That's what I'm doing. I've already spoken to a city cop and state cop to see what we are going to do. I do believe the school and board are trying to sweep this under the rug. Not that I'm going to sue. That's not my style. I give benefit of doubt but I have a call into a lawyer to see what they say. My son has to go to school with this kid from now til end of high school because of district he is in. I want this nipped in the butt now. They have to figure something out not just for my child but for someone else's child

Last edited:

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
does the school have a facebook page? If so id post what you happened on it and share it. Make sure not to name names though, im not sure about the laws pertaining to minors. Other parents should be made aware of any possible threat to their children as well.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
does the school have a facebook page? If so id post what you happened on it and share it. Make sure not to name names though, im not sure about the laws pertaining to minors. Other parents should be made aware of any possible threat to their children as well.

I don't have Facebook. I don't believe in that trash but my wife does have it. I'm wife did do something and Facebook deleted the post.

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
[QUOTE="MR. MAYHEM, post: 1536968, member: 28319My son has to go to school with this kid from now til end of high school because of district he is in. I want this nipped in the butt now.[/QUOTE]
If this is the case i would be worried about future retaliation on your son. This kid has already showed signs of self harm and threats made. If i were you id look into a different school.

When I was in highschool there was a kid who was constantly in the office because he cut himself, his father was a pathologist so he had access to very sharp instruments. My buddy use to taunt and make fun of him, I knew that if the kid was willing to cut his arms and face up that he could go off at anytime so i made sure to be very nice to him. On one occasion my buddy made a joke about him and the kid pulled out a scalpel on him. Nothing happened but you have to walk on egg shells around people like that.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
[QUOTE="MR. MAYHEM, post: 1536968, member: 28319My son has to go to school with this kid from now til end of high school because of district he is in. I want this nipped in the butt now.
If this is the case i would be worried about future retaliation on your son. This kid has already showed signs of self harm and threats made. If i were you id look into a different school.

When I was in highschool there was a kid who was constantly in the office because he cut himself, his father was a pathologist so he had access to very sharp instruments. My buddy use to taunt and make fun of him, I knew that if the kid was willing to cut his arms and face up that he could go off at anytime so i made sure to be very nice to him. On one occasion my buddy made a joke about him and the kid pulled out a scalpel on him. Nothing happened but you have to walk on egg shells around people like that.[/QUOTE]

I understand. That's why I'm doing everything I can. I believe principal thinks it end of it after the meeting she has schedule with us and the other parents but it's not. We keep telling them what if he does something or worse. And we get the typical yea but it hasn't. Fuck that.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a one sided conversation. Parents are often prone to over reaction.

A bunch of people on the internet that only know one perspective might be good for some self justification but no one here actually knows anything about this other kid.

I couldn't say whether the school is doing right or not with just part of the story. That's not to say the OP is wrong or right. It's just impossible to know with the information.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This is a one sided conversation. Parents are often prone to over reaction.

A bunch of people on the internet that only know one perspective might be good for some self justification but no one here actually knows anything about this other kid.

I couldn't say whether the school is doing right or not with just part of the story. That's not to say the OP is wrong or right. It's just impossible to know with the information.

Your 100 percent right. There are always two sides to a story but in my defense if that's what this is. There where witnesses who were questioned and all had same story from what principal explained to me. Even the principal admitted that she did believe that the other student did have a knife not a Swiss army utility knife but an actual folding knife. And the other parents from what principal told me admit the kid had a knife but refute what he had told other students/witnesses in regard of harming himself and other. This is all information the school principal told me in our first meeting. I appreciate everyone's input in this matter. Just a situation I have never dealt with til now. Question for you do you agree or disagree that a knife bought into any school deserves only a 5 day suspension and that's all the punishment you'll receive?

I definitely feel like I am not overreacting when it comes to something of this matter. I want to make sure my kid is comfortable going to school and also looking out for others to prevent any future incidents. Some people here have gone thru an ordeal like this and some haven't. That's all I'm saying.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
God forbid this is a premonition of this child hurting the self isn't it right that I'm doin something about it?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There should be no room for that type of thing at schools or anywhere, but weapons at the schools, it should be an instant expel, cops called and an arrest, PERIOD. (IMO)

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There should be no room for that type of thing at schools or anywhere, but weapons at the schools, it should be an instant expel, cops called and an arrest, PERIOD. (IMO)

I agree whiskey. I'm 36 yrs old. When I was in school this type of situation. What's automatic thrown out of school and you were sent to a school for kids who got into trouble. My wife made a point where she doesn't want to mess up this kid from getting an education but we are looking out for own first and foremost. This is a child on both sides not a grown adult. I would hope kids know from right and wrong if parented properly.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To me this isn't about YOUR parenting, it's about breaking the law by bringing a weapon to school on a bus and being over heard threatening another student. Good luck Mayhem, I hope this gets the right attention.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
To me this isn't about YOUR parenting, it's about breaking the law by bringing a weapon to school on a bus and being over heard threatening another student. Good luck Mayhem, I hope this gets the right attention.

Thanks. I leave you whiskey. I think I would of been ok not happy in the least with this outcome if proper protocol was taken according to code of conduct rules. But the fact so much was not done is horrible. Thanks again

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The thing that sends flags up for me are it’s not a kid bringing a knife to school to protect himself, I could understand that. That alone would make me think if I have my kid in the right school though! But he has threatened himself and others with it that screams to me. Do what you will but what you do could not only protect your kid but many other kids in the school. I would bet 10 to 1 if he is doing this to your kid it’s happening to others based on how may collaborated your sons story.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Code of Conduct is no knives in school. I went to the same district as my son when I was younger. This is suppose to be one of the better schools and district. I don't know how it is at home but just the way it's being handled is crazy to me

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have to disagree with this. There are certain circumstances which i dont believe arrest or the police should be involved. Doing so could really ruin a kid over a simple mistake. For instance, growing up I lived on a large wooded property. Had pellet rifles, pocket knives, full sized knives as I explored the woods ready for when bigfoot came at me so i could protect myself. as a teenager (and still) i wore blue jeans multiple times before washing them. On multiple occasions id hear yelling about the bus being outside and i hadnt even gotten out of bed. Id throw on my blue jeans laying on the floor and a shirt and be out the door in a flash. Next thing you know im reaching into my pocket for something and what do you know theres my swiss army knife. I even had the teacher ask the class for a pocket knife when i took auto technology. I handed him mine, he used it and nothing was ever said. I didnt go around brandishing it. However i dont doubt that lots of younger children get their hand on a pocket knife show it off to their friends and eventually a teacher catches word. I dont think something like a pocket knife is grounds for expulsion or being arrested.
Threatening to use it is an extremely different story, but i think it needs to be thought out and not a knee jerk reaction. This kid from what the op is saying has mental health issues if he is willing to self harm or harm others. There are a lot of things that need to be looked at because what op does could negatively effect his kid. The school has already turned their back on op, so from this point on anything that happens to the kid will be minor and will probably return to school. That could mean trouble for his child unless he changes school. It needs to be determined whether the kid in question is a bully, is he popular, does he have a following, is there a negative history between them? Im not saying to be strong armed by a child, but op's kid has absolutely no way of protecting himself from future acts whether committed by the accused or friends of. Kids are mean, you dont want to be known as the kid that tattles. We as adults know that this is simply not acceptable and needs to be handled before someone gets hurt, but how so that is for the op to decide. My only advice would be to ask all the questions you can to your child to get a clearer image of whats going on before making a decision.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have to disagree with this. There are certain circumstances which i dont believe arrest or the police should be involved. Doing so could really ruin a kid over a simple mistake. For instance, growing up I lived on a large wooded property. Had pellet rifles, pocket knives, full sized knives as I explored the woods ready for when bigfoot came at me so i could protect myself. as a teenager (and still) i wore blue jeans multiple times before washing them. On multiple occasions id hear yelling about the bus being outside and i hadnt even gotten out of bed. Id throw on my blue jeans laying on the floor and a shirt and be out the door in a flash. Next thing you know im reaching into my pocket for something and what do you know theres my swiss army knife. I even had the teacher ask the class for a pocket knife when i took auto technology. I handed him mine, he used it and nothing was ever said. I didnt go around brandishing it. However i dont doubt that lots of younger children get their hand on a pocket knife show it off to their friends and eventually a teacher catches word. I dont think something like a pocket knife is grounds for expulsion or being arrested.
Threatening to use it is an extremely different story, but i think it needs to be thought out and not a knee jerk reaction. This kid from what the op is saying has mental health issues if he is willing to self harm or harm others. There are a lot of things that need to be looked at because what op does could negatively effect his kid. The school has already turned their back on op, so from this point on anything that happens to the kid will be minor and will probably return to school. That could mean trouble for his child unless he changes school. It needs to be determined whether the kid in question is a bully, is he popular, does he have a following, is there a negative history between them? Im not saying to be strong armed by a child, but op's kid has absolutely no way of protecting himself from future acts whether committed by the accused or friends of. Kids are mean, you dont want to be known as the kid that tattles. We as adults know that this is simply not acceptable and needs to be handled before someone gets hurt, but how so that is for the op to decide. My only advice would be to ask all the questions you can to your child to get a clearer image of whats going on before making a decision.

After I calmed down. We thought rationally. I even had my neighbor whose child was a witness to make sure everything was true. He confirmed from her all was true. I've gone about it everyday to make sure this is handled properly and it seems as if it's being brushed under the rug. I understand this could ruin someone but I also need to worry about my own. I've read where like u said kids have left there knives in there pockets. Which I get but when it turns into harming yourself or others. That's the issue. Plain and simple this was not handled the way it should of been. This districts code of conduct states no knives allowed in school and if you do it must be turned in. Also states in a situation like this a suspension can go up to 45 days with board approval (which I would of liked expulsion but could of dealt with the 45days) which as I was told could of happened but principal thought 5 days was enough for the act. Also states in an incident like this the school was suppose contact the police and an investigation was to happen along with an evaluation to the other child which obviously from what I can see none of it happened. So at this point I need this school and district to take responsibility for not following the protocol. The principal to my face suggested I do not get police involved which at the time I did not want to. But now I see and read it's schools responsibility to contact police in these types of matters. Plus she also neglected to tell her boss that a claim of hurting himself was made. Law in the state says the child agency is suppose to be notified when a claim like this is made. Believe me man. I don't want to screw up a child but what am I to do to protect my own.

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
but what am I to do to protect my own.

i have no answers man only an outsider looking in. I understand this is not a scenario of a kid showing off a knife( only used that as an example for a reason instant arrest was not always applicable imo). This is a very serious situation you are in. Personally if it were me id stop calling. Id be visiting them face to face. People respond differently when you are standing in front of them. Its not as easy for the school to fluff you off. If no one will listen to you let them know you are taking it to the media. The last thing a school corporation wants is parents hearing that things of this nature are not being handled properly.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i have no answers man only an outsider looking in. I understand this is not a scenario of a kid showing off a knife( only used that as an example for a reason instant arrest was not always applicable imo). This is a very serious situation you are in. Personally if it were me id stop calling. Id be visiting them face to face. People respond differently when you are standing in front of them. Its not as easy for the school to fluff you off. If no one will listen to you let them know you are taking it to the media. The last thing a school corporation wants is parents hearing that things of this nature are not being handled properly.

We have a meeting with my wife and I , the other parents and our kids scheduled for this upcoming week. I already know what I'm going to say. I don't want this being brushed under rug like it's nothing. I understand you using the whole example thing. I just don't get how nonchalant everything is within this school district. What does it take for something really bad to happen. I really don't even want to think of that. My main concern is my kid goes to school calm and not worried about anything except learning.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
After I calmed down. We thought rationally. I even had my neighbor whose child was a witness to make sure everything was true. He confirmed from her all was true. I've gone about it everyday to make sure this is handled properly and it seems as if it's being brushed under the rug. I understand this could ruin someone but I also need to worry about my own. I've read where like u said kids have left there knives in there pockets. Which I get but when it turns into harming yourself or others. That's the issue. Plain and simple this was not handled the way it should of been. This districts code of conduct states no knives allowed in school and if you do it must be turned in. Also states in a situation like this a suspension can go up to 45 days with board approval (which I would of liked expulsion but could of dealt with the 45days) which as I was told could of happened but principal thought 5 days was enough for the act. Also states in an incident like this the school was suppose contact the police and an investigation was to happen along with an evaluation to the other child which obviously from what I can see none of it happened. So at this point I need this school and district to take responsibility for not following the protocol. The principal to my face suggested I do not get police involved which at the time I did not want to. But now I see and read it's schools responsibility to contact police in these types of matters. Plus she also neglected to tell her boss that a claim of hurting himself was made. Law in the state says the child agency is suppose to be notified when a claim like this is made. Believe me man. I don't want to screw up a child but what am I to do to protect my own.

You can alert cps annon. the child you save could be the one acting out.
I mean how mother fucked is his home life that he is acting like this?
Or How mother fucked is that school for driving him this way?

As a general rule the truly fucked up and broken little shits do not threaten they just go all Ed Gein. The ones that say shit are the ones in need and already showing signs he is behind the 8 ball in the family part of life.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can alert cps annon. the child you save could be the one acting out.
I mean how mother fucked is his home life that he is acting like this?
Or How mother fucked is that school for driving him this way?

As a general rule the truly fucked up and broken little shits do not threaten they just go all Ed Gein. The ones that say shit are the ones in need and already showing signs he is behind the 8 ball in the family part of life.
I'd be careful with CPS though, very well could bite him in the ass. Basically do a bit of homework first.

Just say'n

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah, I'm an older fart and I went to school with guys with knives and chains..part of going to school hated all the little thugs fucks I had to fight and the misery they spread...it wasn't till I was much older I realized even though we all were coming up hard some of them were probablly having a horrible home life, and had nobody to turn to....still I understand where you are coming from..if somebody threatened my kid with a knife ,all bets are off...of course back in those days you pulled a knife in anger.. you were sent to reform school...and the reputation of that reform school kept us all from pushing the boundaries to the extreme.no matter how bad our home lives were it was better than being put in a cage with budding sadists with single digit IQ's and psycological disorders.

Last edited:

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'd be careful with CPS though, very well could bite him in the ass. Basically do a bit of homework first.

Just say'n

I totally get what your saying. I've been doing my research. I have a family friend who works in same school district but at a different school. She has told me she worked at same school my kid goes to and is not surprised how the administration. She hated it there and transferred out but back to subject. She is the one who told me that our state law because she has to sign paperwork acknowledging that if a child makes any type of comment of hurting themselves or acting in an inappropriate manner. By state law The school is supposed to call cps. I didn't know this til she told me. Plus not telling her boss the superintendent about the comments other child made. So this is why I'm saying I do not believe the school did or is doing right thing to make my child and this other child safe.

Last edited:

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
yeah, I'm an older fart and I went to school with guys with knives and chains..part of going to school hated all the little thugs fucks I had to fight and the misery they spread...it wasn't till I was much older I realized even though we all were coming up hard some of them were probablly having a horrible home life, and had nobody to turn to....still I understand where you are coming from..if somebody threatened my kid with a knife ,all bets are off...of course back in those days you pulled a knife in anger.. you were sent to reform school...and the reputation of that reform school kept us all from pushing the boundaries to the extreme.no matter how bad our home lives were it was better than being put in a cage with budding sadists with single digit IQ's and psycological disorders.

Of course man. Shit I been hit by nuns and parents when I was young but I deserved it. Back then that was fine. I recall when I was 15 I moved from city to what I called the country back then lol. And right before I got to that school. A student had stabbed another student mind you the school I went to was best in area with no complaints. My mom checked. she was a teacher. So you never know what someone is capable of.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I totally get what your saying. I've been doing my research. I have a family friend who works in same school district but at a different school. She has told me she worked at same school my kid goes to and is not surprised how the administration. She hated it there and transferred out but back to subject. She is the one who told me that our state law because she has to sign paperwork acknowledging that if a child makes any type of comment of hurting themselves or acting in an inappropriate manner. By state law The school is supposed to call cps. I didn't know this til she told me. So this is why I'm saying I do not believe the school did or is doing right thing to make my child and this other child are ok.

fuck man, every kid I went to school with carried a knife to school..we didn't go around stabbing each other...we all had guns at home and we didn't shoot each other..we just beat the hell out of each other....

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
fuck man, every kid I went to school with carried a knife to school..we didn't go around stabbing each other...we all had guns at home and we didn't shoot each other..we just beat the hell out of each other....

Now it's you can't bring any weapon to school period. And I agree for safety of everyone. Not just the kids

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now it's you can't bring any weapon to school period. And I agree for safety of everyone. Not just the kids

I don't know..like I said every boy I went to school with, and these were barrio schools carried a knife..and fighting was a daily occurence...but we didn't have this crazy shit going on...I think weapons are far less dangerous than the drugs being taken by parents and the drugs forced onto kids to keep them "normal"...the drugs being given to kids by the so called menatl health proffesionals are extremely dangerous.and we can't even honestly investigate it because big Pharma is making too much money pushing legal drugs.

VU Sponsors