Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
https://www.wtvq.com/2019/01/02/pol...favor-taxing-e-cigarettes-regular-cigarettes/

This article is nothing more than a waste of space because it's common sense.

When you see stuff like this it's obvious that if you have something that only 25% of the public is interested in then the other 75% of the public don't give a shit if gets taxed.

That's how the Government gets taxes to pass.

1) Cause at least 70% of the population to not like something.
2) Put it on the ballot to be taxed.
3) Profit.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
"Don’t Tax You. Don’t Tax Me. Tax That Fellow Behind the Tree"

You know, the one who's using a "tobacco product", who's hiding behind the tree because we've passed laws making it illegal for him to do so where the children might see him and get the idea that this is acceptable behavior.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't think 'sin' or 'luxury' taxes should be allowed period. How is it fair to tax one product at a higher rate just because you don't happen to think it is acceptable or you feel it is extravagant? As mentioned, it's just another money grab by the government and most people don't think twice about it because they think it doesn't affect them ... until it does. As has been seen, once you start the train rolling, it's almost impossible to stop it.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think 'sin' or 'luxury' taxes should be allowed period. How is it fair to tax one product at a higher rate just because you don't happen to think it is acceptable or you feel it is extravagant? As mentioned, it's just another money grab by the government and most people don't think twice about it because they think it doesn't affect them ... until it does. As has been seen, once you start the train rolling, it's almost impossible to stop it.
I don't agree with you,so....it stands to reason you are Hitler, and any punishment dealt out to you is God's work.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep a Right wing state.
I live here.
however it will not impact me personally as I buy no vape stuff locally.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When the Federal Government, State, Counties or Towns decide to pull shit like this I always do my part and email my legislators and get in on Mass mailings. Since they want to screw with me I might as well crash their email servers.

VU Sponsors