Become a Patron!

Poor Canada

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Let's talk about our neighbors for a bit. And how poorly they're being serviced by the vaping industry.

In the past 3 years I've taken time to visit many vape shops in BC. And while the service at each has been excellent. Their products have been very poor. Not the big name Mods and tanks. The little things, like cotton and ejuice.

If even one of you guys would offer quality. I could see you making some serious money.

Organic cotton pads, so thin they have to be doubled to wick properly. Organic wicks, that are a 50/50 mix, yet sell as 100% organic material. Mystery juices, that claim to be whatever flavor you need at that moment. WTF?

I sit here with 3 bottles of "Premium" juices that is said to be very popular in BC. I can't even tell you what it taste like, or what it actually is. It supposed to be a strawberry based flavor. This is only 1 of dozens of flavors tried in Canada.

With all that said. If even one of you who has a firm grasp of DIY can get a foothold in BC. You could retire easily in a few short years.

Off my footstool. And back to having fun. See you again in another 6 months.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Let's talk about our neighbors for a bit. And how poorly they're being serviced by the vaping industry.

In the past 3 years I've taken time to visit many vape shops in BC. And while the service at each has been excellent. Their products have been very poor. Not the big name Mods and tanks. The little things, like cotton and ejuice.

If even one of you guys would offer quality. I could see you making some serious money.

Organic cotton pads, so thin they have to be doubled to wick properly. Organic wicks, that are a 50/50 mix, yet sell as 100% organic material. Mystery juices, that claim to be whatever flavor you need at that moment. WTF?

I sit here with 3 bottles of "Premium" juices that is said to be very popular in BC. I can't even tell you what it taste like, or what it actually is. It supposed to be a strawberry based flavor. This is only 1 of dozens of flavors tried in Canada.

With all that said. If even one of you who has a firm grasp of DIY can get a foothold in BC. You could retire easily in a few short years.

I am Canadian and...

You're not entirely wrong on any of those points. I cant speak for the ejuice market because I do all DIY and I do make a pretty decent bit of cash selling to friends and such but I dont have the capital to start up a store front, let alone move to BC first(I am on the other coast of Canada in PEI).

We are able to acquire proper wick and wire just about anywhere and I use KGD almost exclusively these days. My local B&M carries it at around $5 for a 5-pack, too rich for my blood so I order from FT, but it is available.

As for quality mods and attys, this can be difficult to find. Generally the B&Ms will have a lot of one or 2 manufacturer but not an overly varied selection. Again ordering online either within Canada or from out of country seems to be the best option here. Ive got some quality mods and I have no problem ordering what I want when I want it(and can afford it). That said, MOST of the big name mods and attys are available within Canada and in most major cities.

My biggest issue is how we are treated regarding batteries. Finding quality AUTHENTIC batteries within Canada at anywhere near a reasonable price is damn near impossible! First off, the most common cells these days in Canada are LG HG2 which also happen to be one of the most commonly faked cells these days. After that it is possible to find a few places that might carry VTC4, VTC5, VTC6 and if you're lucky you might find a 30Q, note that not a single QUALITY true 30A cell was listed there? Thats right, if you're a mech user who enjoys sub ohm then you better hope the border lets your battery shipment through. The biggest concern is finding AUTHENTIC cells. I am just waiting for some of my fellow countrymen to pop in and say where they get theirs is "totally reliable"...trust me...if they are a Canadian company they probably aren't...and if they are then you better be prepared to spend $20 or more on the cell before taxes and shipping. Batteries is our biggest problem and until we get a major supplier who specializes in quality authentic cells we will continue to be reliant on the US vendors.

Again, I cant speak for the BC B&M shops and what they carry, but I do order all of my concentrates for DIY from diy-ejuice in Richmond BC(suburb of Vancouver). Best prices and free shipping on orders over $100 (unless you're ordering massive jugs that cant be divided into smaller containters thus exceeding weight limits on free shipping blah blah blah).

I do know that here in PEI we only have 3 B&M shops in the town I live in, only 1 is worth entering EVER, the other 2 are terrible and owned by people who know nothing about vaping, charge way more than what they're selling is worth, carry mid range products, and sell garbage batteries to go with high wattage gear that they are pushing because juice sales is where the profit lies. The one store that is worthwhile has a very knowledgeable owner who actually cares about quality, prices are still terrible, selection is somewhat limited but at least some variety offered, but again little in the way of high end mods because the local consumer knowledge is on the lower end of things and the good stuff just doesnt sell because people dont know what they're looking for and instead only want something that "will work, blow big cloudz and is cheap".

Another of our big issues seems to be cost. A high end mod that might cost $150 in the US might run us about $250 or more. We could argue that its the exchange rate but our market doesnt seem strong enough to support shops buying in large enough bulk to get the competitive pricing that can be found in other countries. You did make a great point about setting up a shop that does DIY for sale. There is a shop in NB(next province over from me here in PEI), and they sell house made juices for $10 a 30ml bottle. They are constantly lined up out the door at their store front and have a very good record with their online sales. This allows them to sell many of their mods and attys at cost or less because, as anyone who actually does DIY can tell you, it costs less than $1 to make a 30ml bottle of e-juice and they are selling each bottle at around a 900% markup. I have no idea how many bottles they sell in the course of a day but I know that every time Ive been to the shop they have had at least 20 people in the shop just buying juice to the tune of 5 or more bottles each.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My biggest issue is how we are treated regarding batteries. Finding quality AUTHENTIC batteries within Canada at anywhere near a reasonable price is damn near impossible! First off, the most common cells these days in Canada are LG HG2 which also happen to be one of the most commonly faked cells these days. After that it is possible to find a few places that might carry VTC4, VTC5, VTC6 and if you're lucky you might find a 30Q

PM sent.

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
You have that idiot Trudeau he's worse.

Nope, not hijacking this thread with any trash talk about our Prime Minister when your President is about the lowest piece of garbage that has ever been "elected" in the history of both the US and Canada combined. Get your trash sorted out before you come sniffing around in ours.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope, not hijacking this thread with any trash talk about our Prime Minister when your President is about the lowest piece of garbage that has ever been "elected" in the history of both the US and Canada combined. Get your trash sorted out before you come sniffing around in ours.

Haha! Can't argue with that :giggle:

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
You complained about a problem and were directed to the source of the problem.

Then you clamped your hands over your ears and cussed out
someone who is not resopnsible for your problem...Weird.

I didnt complain about any problem, I supported the OPs points about Canadian vape shops having limited selection and added a few thoughts about the vaping industry in Canada. I dont think we have anywhere near the issue with vaping in Canada as the US is facing regarding the deeming regs from the FDA. Trudeau isnt perfect and our vaping regs arent either but they're a far cry better than anything the US is doing right now ESPECIALLY with regards to their "president".

Trudeau is not the source of any problem in Canadian vaping and our biggest issue regarding the availability of quality authentic batteries has been a problem long before he was ever elected.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You complained about a problem and were directed to the source of the problem.
Then you clamped your hands over your ears and cussed out
someone who is not resopnsible for your problem...Weird.

Are you in the same thread? Perhaps you do not know where Canada is, but granting you every benefit of doubt, perhaps you could enlighten us about what problem, and then explain how Trudeau is responsible for the thin cotton pads, and alleged bad juice in BC?

Or are you actually the ghost of stevegmu?

Vucci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Bombing?? Attack between owners?!

hero #1: Aiyo dog... words on the streets is you been steeping on my hood son! We don't like that shut round here aight?!!

Hero #2: listen homie. You don't wanna fuck with the dual series crew. We'll fucking bodied you. Out here round this streets.. we pump LG2s right through your chest too.

Hero #1: ohhh aiiight. U pump LG2s. Me and my Goons, while using our Goon RDAs, gonna short circuit your whole shop tomorrow. Just watch!! Ain't no peek insulators gon save u now.

Double parallel... roll out!!

" In Today's News. A Vape Shop exploded.. more at 11 on Maple Leaf TV"

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Bombing?? Attack between owners?!

Just your friendly neighborhood dispute between the pitiful, puny piffle-poofing pouffes and the sub-tank crew. Sumthing about pee pee in the PG.... Wait a second.....

I sit here with 3 bottles of "Premium" juices that is said to be very popular in BC. I can't even tell you what it taste like, or what it actually is.

Mystery juices, that claim to be whatever flavor you need at that moment. WTF?

Um.....

How about you just try some max VG until things cool down..

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I agree PuffPuffPass. Then again, I started vaping 5 years ago and I'm used to it now. Most of the small stuff I mail order from China or I have Canadian non-vape suppliers for. The Canadian vape shops I use that have consistently good deals for some items are Canvape and The Broke Vaper. I used to order more from the US until shipping and the exchange rate became expensive. I still get batteries from there.

It would be really nice if we had more local suppliers, but it is what it is. It is really not hard to live with though if you plan ahead a bit. And at least we're not in any danger of undue regulation in the near future. I can live with that quite happily
yes3.gif

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not to be a dick, but whether the US or Canada - not sure vaping is really on the top of their priorities. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy vaping. I'd love to see the FDA sort shit out with it. But if anyone thinks either leader wakes in the morning and says 'hold up hold up - fuck the homeless, screw health care, forget vets, to hell with international policies - we have to first appease these 150 people over here who like to puff delicious flavored clouds' - you're puffing on something that ain't ejuice. Just sayin'.

That's like me getting all bent and butthurt because Dolly Madison just doesn't get my pet peeve that her muffins don't include authentic crowberries plucked fresh from the Andes by local mountain dwellers. Yea, I'm sure they're getting right on that. Does it make my own personal issue with a situation better? No, but it's kinda how things go.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not to be a dick, but whether the US or Canada - not sure vaping is really on the top of their priorities. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy vaping. I'd love to see the FDA sort shit out with it. But if anyone thinks either leader wakes in the morning and says 'hold up hold up - fuck the homeless, screw health care, forget vets, to hell with international policies - we have to first appease these 150 people over here who like to puff delicious flavored clouds' - you're puffing on something that ain't ejuice. Just sayin'.

That's like me getting all bent and butthurt because Dolly Madison just doesn't get my pet peeve that her muffins don't include authentic crowberries plucked fresh from the Andes by local mountain dwellers. Yea, I'm sure they're getting right on that. Does it make my own personal issue with a situation better? No, but it's kinda how things go.

Yup .. plus the OP said nothing about politics, just talked about getting vape supplies in Canada which for the most part, so far, is mostly a matter of supply and demand and business decisions. That could change in the future, but, again so far, it doesn't look like it's going to get nearly as political as what is happening in the US. Sometimes it's just not all about politics.

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Canada is just messed up in general, everything is just so expensive.. can't even import anything over 20$ CAD 15 USD without paying import charges plus our dollar is crap right now so stores need to have a high mark up just to keep the lights on, speaking of lights herein ontario we have some of the highest hydro rates in North America, Canada Post just sucks in general and costs about twice the price of US shipping, can't import nicotine either so no out of country juice but there's actually tonnes of great juice if you know where to look. There's also a lot of great vape shops as well ..

That said I mostly order online FastTech marks all packages as 20$ so no import charges...

VU Sponsors