Become a Patron!

Possible phishing site looks like Kbee

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't ordered wire in a while so I forgot the web address for Kbee. I used google and got www.kbeevapor.com Then I filled my cart and when I got to checkout and got to the bottom of the page, where you enter your credit card info, it said that auto-fill was disabled. I know I've used auto-fill there before and I noticed in the address bar there was no http connection and it said "not secure".

I then found the real website www.kbeevapes.com and everything worked fine including a proper http connection.

I just wanted to let everyone know about this site. Everything looks exactly like the official site and the shopping functions all work, so it would be very easy to get fooled if you don't know any better. The fake site is kbeevapor.com but the real website is kbeevapes.com

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I haven't ordered wire in a while so I forgot the web address for Kbee. I used google and got www.kbeevapor.com Then I filled my cart and when I got to checkout and got to the bottom of the page, where you enter your credit card info, it said that auto-fill was disabled. I know I've used auto-fill there before and I noticed in the address bar there was no http connection and it said "not secure".

I then found the real website www.kbeevapes.com and everything worked fine including a proper http connection.

I just wanted to let everyone know about this site. Everything looks exactly like the official site and the shopping functions all work, so it would be very easy to get fooled if you don't know any better. The fake site is kbeevapor.com but the real website is kbeevapes.com

Nice catch fudgey :vino:thanks for this important share

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I think they just have another domain name. They've shipped to me under two different names, KBee and Melbees, Inc like the top of this page. But I'm not 100% sure - it would be a very labor intensive way to farm not a very large group of people's credit cards. I emailed them and asked if the site is legitimate.

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think they just have another domain name. They've shipped to me under two different names, KBee and Melbees, Inc like the top of this page. But I'm not 100% sure - it would be a very labor intensive way to farm not a very large group of people's credit cards. I emailed them and asked if the site is legitimate.
The name of the company is Melbee's Inc. and that is what is at the top of both pages. The thing that makes me pretty sure it is a phishing site is that there is not a secure connection to the alternate site.

It is common practice for hackers to make website with slightly altered names. It's not like they went through and design a web page to look exactly the same, they use programs to just scrape all of the code from the legit site. I am not saying that this is a phishing site 100%, but it certainly wouldn't be far fetched. If it was just a second domain name for their main web page then it would most likely just re-direct you to kbeevapes.com instead of having a completely separate website.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
A lot of times if you use whatever website builder you are hosting on they give you 1 SSL certificate. Some people dont pay the extra $ to put one on every site. Its good to be suspicious of sites that dont use them.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Screenshot_20180414-192857.png Screenshot_20180414-192643.png

I believe their name used to be KBeeVapor, and they kept the old website

Do note that I emailed admin@kbeevapes

VU Sponsors