Become a Patron!

Post a Picture Any Picture (that you took)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Roses anyone?
9c85f7026febf67bae14df02a6854224.jpg
0144bf5f627fd6179bf1e7e2ff9b1e20.jpg
e467d3a20b946f235f3aae20d295c878.jpg

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I remember one Christmas we gave my daughter several empty large boxes. I swear that was the happiest she's ever been at Christmas. If only it were that simple still.
Yeah I miss those days! I remember when my dad bought my mom a new refrigerator for Christmas and we got to play with the box. We turned it into a big car and drove it all over the house by pushing it! It was a blast! Now my 8yr old is asking for a phone and VR headset for Christmas :blah:

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I miss those days! I remember when my dad bought my mom a new refrigerator for Christmas and we got to play with the box. We turned it into a big car and drove it all over the house by pushing it! It was a blast! Now my 8yr old is asking for a phone and VR headset for Christmas :blah:
This year we are sticking to the 4 things platform for our kids. SO far it's the cheapest we've done in a long time. 1 thing they want, 1 thing they need, 1 thing they wear, 1 thing they read.

Some of these can be combined. For instance. My son put a watch in the need category and a book for school in the need. Well the watch also goes in wear and the book for school covers the read. so right off 2 of the 4 come from his need. the want is a new game controller and we'll get the 4th from the need category.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
This year we are sticking to the 4 things platform for our kids. SO far it's the cheapest we've done in a long time. 1 thing they want, 1 thing they need, 1 thing they wear, 1 thing they read.

Some of these can be combined. For instance. My son put a watch in the need category and a book for school in the need. Well the watch also goes in wear and the book for school covers the read. so right off 2 of the 4 come from his need. the want is a new game controller and we'll get the 4th from the need category.
I like that idea! I’ll start that for next year for my boys!
He also got a car right before his 18th birthday in November so he knows Christmas will be light for him.
Christmas here will be light this year. Our cars engine blew so we had to buy a new one unexpectedly. Cost us $4k to fix them we traded it in right away for a new car. Surprisingly now our car payment is a little over $100 cheaper so it’s saving us money! We also are saving up for our own place (again since all the money went to the car).

I feel bad for my kids, but I know they’ll understand.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you! And they do! They adore eachother!! Toby always gets sad when ry has to go back to his dads

They are a real blessing and I hope you get to be with them more. If they’re that close, they’d love being together. And I know you’re a great mom. (I just know!! )

Last edited:

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
They are a real blessing and I hope you get to be with them more. If they’re that close, they’d love being together. And I know you’re a great mom. (I just know!! )
Thanks love! Little Tobias lives with me and his dad, but my son Rylen lives with his dad and comes over to visit on weekends. He lives in PA, while I live in NJ, so it’s hard.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks love! Little Tobias lives with me and his dad, but my son Rylen lives with his dad and comes over to visit on weekends. He lives in PA, while I live in NJ, so it’s hard.

They must look forward to seeing each other so much! Plus, they’ll have each other’s backs when they’re older. :bear hug:

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
They must look forward to seeing each other so much! Plus, they’ll have each other’s backs when they’re older. :bear hug:
Yeah! They adore eachother! My ex and I have 50/50 custody, but I get all weekends since rys school is in PA and it’s hard for us to see eachother during the week when he has homework and whatnot.

VU Sponsors