Become a Patron!

Post a Picture Any Picture (that you took)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
We've definitely evolved.

maxresdefault.jpg

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh I've been reading since my earlier post. It all comes down to survival of the "fittest". Fit being the key term. We did not evolve from monkey but a long down the road descendant. Goes along with environment. But if things evolved because of their environment,"say cave dwellers have no vision but hunt on sound and smell". So that that species can adapt or "evolve" into a descendant of the original species.

Taking all that in what about the endangered species we have now. Why wouldn't they just move to a different location and deal with or "evolve" into another location. New food source, New predators. But could not the endangered species just move along as the Neanderthals of Africa did? I guess it's more than any of us want imagine or discuss here at Vu.
Was just giving Andria some shit but figured I better read up before she schools me. Ha ha.

Back on topic. My youngest daughter and I camping 2 years ago
ea95b6b0000333864b1e78fc8d5cd115.jpg
On the endangered species

Evolution isn't everyone gets a participation trophy. Most don't make it.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes. Often the joey survives in the pouch. People carry florescent spray paint in their car. A painted "X" on the roo means that the pouch has been checked

It’s kind of sad that they wander onto a road and get killed like that, though. At least the babies sometimes survive!

How’s it with smoke and dust where you are? It seems to look a bit better with smoke in your pics, but it could change daily, I guess.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I fink a Nobel prize awaits if you work that out.

Also why Neanderthals died out. And how some people appear to have 2% Neanderthal DNA when theoretically crossing one with a human is like trying to cross 2 different mammals like sheep and pigs

I think the Neanderthals died because the Cro-Magnon people were evolving simultaneously.

In the book Clan of the Cave Bear, this is the scenario that’s presented. It really feels right, too.

You’re right, some people do look Neanderthal-ish! :teehee:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Why aren't primates still evolving. Did evolution just stop? I've always wanted to know the answer to that. If we came from monkeys, why aren't monkeys still turning into cavemen then people like us?

Evolution requires MILLIONS of years, and some need, or ability, to reach beyond one's current niche. Climate change requires THOUSANDS of years, and it's hard enough to see that, that many swear up and down that it's not happening, because THEY CAN'T SEE IT. Humans are so short-lived, we see only WEATHER, and it's for damn sure we can't see evolution. Except for tiny little things... like animals burrowing in the earth because of fires. If those fires continue and spread over the earth and the large creatures die off because they can't get enough to eat, then a niche opens and those small creatures may begin evolving to fill that niche.

It's pure hubris to think that just because we, in our puny lifetimes, can't see evolution, that means it's not happening. In point of fact, it IS... but in those tiny little increments that are hard to see -- like, a lot fewer natural blondes in temperate climates. A much greater number of "racially mixed" individuals because of the gradual lessening of racist attitudes. Animals burrowing in the earth to escape fires. Millions of insects becoming extinct as their habitats are lost.

We look back at MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS OF YEARS of evolution.... but we cannot really see it as it happens; it's too slow. And many humans are arrogant enough to think that if they can't see it, then it's not real.

Andria

lak611

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There’s a box on it? Looks like a cool razor, though. My hubs has his grandfather’s razor from the 40’s or 50’s. It has an amber Bakelite handle.
No box. That's how the head is designed. It separates in 2 pieces when the handle is removed, and the blade goes under the head.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I’m surprised they come onto your lawn. I hope the animals aren’t starving now, on top of everything else.

If this was a movie or television series, all of these catastrophic events would make it look like the planet is going mental. It’s scary.

Do the Roos die when they get hit? They seem pretty big. And feisty!
No, they never come off well after a hit, almost always a broken leg at least. Most bumpers alone are at the height to give a direct leg hit every time, add to that everything else above the bumper and they're gone one way or another. I've hit them at just 30 to 40 kph and had to put them down sadly.

Here is our tank water after the dust storm. Drinking boiled, filtered town rubbish at the moment till it settles and clears.
DSC00825.JPG

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
No, they never come off well after a hit, almost always a broken leg at least. Most bumpers alone are at the height to give a direct leg hit every time, add to that everything else above the bumper and they're gone one way or another. I've hit them at just 30 to 40 kph and had to put them down sadly.

Here is our tank water after the dust storm. Drinking boiled, filtered town rubbish at the moment till it settles and clears.
View attachment 154283

Whoa, that is crazy looking! I hope you have a good filter system. Here in NY, we have to drink filtered water because it’s so full of harmful stuff. (Fluoride, chlorine, meds, plus other stuff.)

I guess it’s better that you coup de grace the Roos if they get hit. I hope their populations aren’t declining. They’re iconic Australian animals, with the koalas of course.

Miss you on the MG thread.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Whoa, that is crazy looking! I hope you have a good filter system. Here in NY, we have to drink filtered water because it’s so full of harmful stuff. (Fluoride, chlorine, meds, plus other stuff.)

I guess it’s better that you coup de grace the Roos if they get hit. I hope their populations aren’t declining. They’re iconic Australian animals, with the koalas of course.

Miss you on the MG thread.
Trust me, the Roo's are in no danger of going on the endagered list here in Oz. Some places they are almost in plague proportions.
No im not wasting a filter on that liquid mud. We'll just wait till it settles the drain the bottom of the tank when it does. Our tap water looks ok but is heavily treated with chemicals as the supply it comes from has toxic blue green algae in it during the warmer months like now. Thats why we boil and filter it. Still has a slight odd taste but it's that or nothing. It's safe. Ha ha, we hope. My phones running super slow right now, too much stuff on it. I need to get a card to save it on and free some space. The music thread just takes forever to load up, like 20 minutes. My phone even told me via a screen message that it was too full and it was causing apps to run slow and to free up some space. I'll get around to it eventually :D

cheepshot

Member For 4 Years
Funny light this morning

And, this is why I hate cats. Little cunt was hunting in the grasses. They have a bad impact on native wildlife.

Cats have their uses (Example: my cat shown below) and as of late kill less birds than wind farms and solar fields.
Cats did play a role during the time of the black plague, how much is debatable. Did they help, there's no question there.

Check out this story
https://www.kcet.org/redefine/4-rea...o-say-cats-kill-more-birds-than-wind-turbines

I'm not hiding anything.
by CheepShot, on Flickr

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is what I've been doing the last few weekends. Working on my parents house which they've smoked in for 15+ years.

Still gotta do hardware, floors, build drawers and countertops but it's looking so much better.

Last two days were spent making cupboard doors, hanging and painting.

73758a8682e04ce5e8dec76d08c4e6cb.jpg

d41bb72d68adee58285d944a3b27f3d0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is what I've been doing the last few weekends. Working on my parents house which they've smoked in for 15+ years.

Still gotta do hardware, floors, build drawers and countertops but it's looking so much better.

Last two days were spent making cupboard doors, hanging and painting.

73758a8682e04ce5e8dec76d08c4e6cb.jpg

d41bb72d68adee58285d944a3b27f3d0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Looks great man

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Edited: Campus WiFi blows (Dbl post)

Sent from my iPhone 8675309 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors