Post pictures of your setups!

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
SHaoAXI.jpg

Mech, but my new little toy, just gotta work on getting the right build into it. Had some leftover 28g and 24g fused clapton wire so tried with that, but too high and then too low on resistance, guess I gotta do up some 26g tomorrow.

dud3r

Member For 4 Years
Yes and never had an issue with my TFV4, not a single leak, dry hit, burnt out coil, or even spitback. Nothing. Its run perfectly since the day I got it and couldnt be happier with it. And I know about the long 510 connector "issue" with the RX200 as well, and havent had an issue with that either. By the time I knew about that I already had the tank and mod together. Ive got no intention of using a different tank on it, if something were to happen, I plan to just take the mod apart and just replace the 510 connection. Although I do have plans to get one of those 510 male to female heat sinks to use as a "buffer" between the mod and tank just to avoid it all together.

The Treebox, I love it. Love the way it looks. Its a beautiful mod and the Herakles looks so classy on top of it. Love it, but I do have a problem with the Herakles having a lot of gurgling and spit up. Dont know why. Im hoping its just the coil. Once this SS 0.2 burns out Im gonna try the Kanthal 0.4 and see if that fixes it. Hopefully.

Heres some better pics, since that one turned out a lot darker than I thought it did.
2jyxah.jpg

ofajh5.png

Great looking mod. Wonder how I missed these.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Updated setup collection pic. Got a couple new set ups today in the mail from that close out 50% sale. Did great on that, prices were insane. This pretty much does it for me and new mods. I have 3 left on my wish list, and one of them is probably not gonna happen anytime soon. I want one of the CoV Mini Volt kits, one of the new Movkin Disguisers, and finally an Axis Vapes M-17 DNA200 in the exotic wood and resin epoxy Hybrid color/construction. The last one is around $450, so might be a while lol. The other 2 I might just get next payday depending on the bill situation

2hwnv3k.jpg

From L to R: SMY 60 with Mad Hatter rda, Vaporesso Target 75w (ceramic coil tank), RX200 with TFV4 and black glass, Kanger Topfill nano Subvod, Smok Treebox 75w with Herakles Plus, and last a Kanger Kbox Mini 50w with Subtank Mini.

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the athena hero on my watch list! It's so pretty thank you for sharing!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Jerus, I love the rubix cube looking rda. It looks so nice with that mod. Mythical, they are so freaking cute! I have the black evic vtc mini as well. It definitely puts up a good fight with other mods

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wow, I love that so much

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Gold on vapes really appeal to me, but I hate gold jewelry for some reason

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@raymo2u You probably already know but just in case you don't, the Griffin is now available in a 25ml size. Here's the link.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit Looks like it's a preorder

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@raymo2u You probably already know but just in case you don't, the Griffin is now available in a 25ml size. Here's the link.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit Looks like it's a preorder
Yea I saw it about a week a go, Gemini is also being offered in a "Mega" version...just 1ml bigger lol. The Griffin25 is just the Griffin in a 25mm shell, deck is the same size except the threading is gone and Geekvape assumes that it makes it 1mm bigger somehow..Im not a fan, I was hoping for a bigger deck along with capacity.
I guess Ill just have to wait for my RTA to be finished.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea I saw it about a week a go, Gemini is also being offered in a "Mega" version...just 1ml bigger lol. The Griffin25 is just the Griffin in a 25mm shell, deck is the same size except the threading is gone and Geekvape assumes that it makes it 1mm bigger somehow..Im not a fan, I was hoping for a bigger deck along with capacity.
I guess Ill just have to wait for my RTA to be finished.
Bigger deck, bigger deck, you would have to bring the coils in on the back of a F150 lmao :D:D:D

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I'm just messing around Ray, I've seen some of the pictures of the coils you fit in the Griffin deck, I can only imagine what you would dream up with an even bigger deck

Last edited:

renzyb

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok stupid question.... How do I post pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

look at the top of the posting area, you'll see a little square with some hills and a sun in the top right, use that and paste the url of the picture. Alternately click "upload file" next to the post reply button at the bottom, this will let you upload strait from your computer.

However now typing this I see you're using Tapatalk and I have no clue, sorry :(

nm you got it.

renzyb

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
4ca2fb46a53c9b1931f4109c0601fd18.jpg

Laisimo L1 200w noisy cricket kanger topbox mini. Use Clapton dual coil 5wrap with 3mm ID and it's cool.

Last edited:

Fern2987

Member For 4 Years
Yesterday's set up for work. Noisy cricket × Petri V2.

Went for all black.

fe47c6d172a1a6ece7e01cc833785d04.jpg

Matt
What build do you have on your noisy cricket. I got mine a month ago and cant seem to be able to build a good one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What build do you have on your noisy cricket. I got mine a month ago and cant seem to be able to build a good one

It's a Fused Clapton set up. Dual coils 8 wraps on 3mm ID --- it ohms out to like .3 on my IPV. I wouldn't reccomend going that low, I don't know what batteries you are using or your build experience.

I'd shoot for something dual coil if you are going simpler builds (non clapton builds) and if you are going to build something more intricate like a fused clapton or alien wire start with a single coil. I promise, the mod will produce huge clouds mo matter what you do. You just want to make sure you build accordingly for a series mod. Shoot for around .5-.6 ohms.

I'm sorry I don't know, but do you build claptons and the like or more simple builds? (Nothing wrong with the simple ones, just want to give U a suggestion you can use...)

Matt

Fern2987

Member For 4 Years
I just did my first clapton the other day. It was difficult though. I dont think i have the patience for it. uploadfromtaptalk1458100999576.jpg

Fern2987

Member For 4 Years
I dont understand the ither ones though. Like fused clapton. I dont have any idea what it is. And i also dont have any nichrome wire

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Lower left corner of your screen, there's a "+" sign in a circle, touch that and you can choose your pics to upload and post.
Or, once you start typing, like here, below is a square with mountain and sun, that's the one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just did my first clapton the other day. It was difficult though. I dont think i have the patience for it. View attachment 43918

They definitely take a bit to get used to building... Head over to the "Post your builds" thread here and don't be afraid to ask for help and tips. Without these guys I would never have been able to complete an alien wire. Don't be afraid!

In any case, a single core clapton really works just the same as a simple coil build on a mod with such power like a Noisy Cricket. You really want to hit the target resistance range -- if you could crank out enough clapton for a larger single coil, say a .6 ohm single coil clapton you might enjoy that a bit more on the noisy cricket as there will be little to no ramp up time on it but flavor and clouds galore..

What batteries are you using?

Matt

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I dont understand the ither ones though. Like fused clapton. I dont have any idea what it is. And i also dont have any nichrome wire

Fused Clapton is a clapton with two wires as the core rather than one. No need for Nichrome, in fact I've never used it. You want something high gauge for the wrap like 36g or higher, but you can use Kanthal just fine.

Fern2987

Member For 4 Years
Ive been reading here for a while now. Just recently started asking questions. Everything i know about vaping and builds is from here. I just needed to ask that first question though. Lol

Fern2987

Member For 4 Years
They definitely take a bit to get used to building... Head over to the "Post your builds" thread here and don't be afraid to ask for help and tips. Without these guys I would never have been able to complete an alien wire. Don't be afraid!

In any case, a single core clapton really works just the same as a simple coil build on a mod with such power like a Noisy Cricket. You really want to hit the target resistance range -- if you could crank out enough clapton for a larger single coil, say a .6 ohm single coil clapton you might enjoy that a bit more on the noisy cricket as there will be little to no ramp up time on it but flavor and clouds galore..

What batteries are you using?

Matt
Im using mxjos 35 amp which vatteries do you use. I hear from some people samsungs or other people imren

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im using mxjos 35 amp which vatteries do you use. I hear from some people samsungs or other people imren

Those MXJO's are 35 amp peak not constant discharge. I believe they are 20 amp CDR. I use Samsung 25R's, very solid 18650's imo. Here's a link to an article you might want to look at:
Top 5 18650 Batteries for Vaping

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I would stick with the Big 3 when it comes to 18650's - Samsung, LG, or Sony

renzyb

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use the Basen 3100mAh 40A and love them!!

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Well. Definitely don't be afraid to pop in the post your builds thread. There's always one or four people there who can give you an answer or help you with a build.. Nothing is too dumb to ask. Better to ask then not know and blow your face off..

As for batteries, and someone else will have to back me up here, but MXJOs (while safe, typically) are rewraps. I'd strongly suggest Samsung 25R's, or ***authentic from reputable vendors**** VTC 4 or 5's.

As I said, if you stay above .5 ohms you should be okay!!! Do you have a preference of single or dual coil setups? What RDA do you use on the cricket?

Matt

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Samsung/Sony/LG are the most consistent batteries. MXJO/Imren/Efest don't give the important ratings, the continuous discharge rating. If you only use the pulse rating you might end up on the news, using the Continuous rating is the best bet. According to Mooch (battery guru) the MXJO 35amps are really 20amp rating and 25amp max. This chart is useful.

18650.jpg

Fern2987

Member For 4 Years
Well. Definitely don't be afraid to pop in the post your builds thread. There's always one or four people there who can give you an answer or help you with a build.. Nothing is too dumb to ask. Better to ask then not know and blow your face off..

As for batteries, and someone else will have to back me up here, but MXJOs (while safe, typically) are rewraps. I'd strongly suggest Samsung 25R's, or ***authentic from reputable vendors**** VTC 4 or 5's.

As I said, if you stay above .5 ohms you should be okay!!! Do you have a preference of single or dual coil setups? What RDA do you use on the cricket?

Matt
I usualy do dual coil. Right now i have the mutation v4 with 24 gauge dual parallel with 5 wrap i believe.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Matt
Just throwing it out there, LG series are great too, for regulated mods the HE series are superb with the high mAH and 20amp rating, and then the HB series are the safest 30amps out there, and nothing is higher htan a 30amp, they don't exist, it's all a lie!

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I usualy do dual coil. Right now i have the mutation v4 with 24 gauge dual parallel with 5 wrap i believe.

Woah buddy....

Even with a 2.3mm ID, and short legs that's a .19 single coil... Are you sure your vaping that on the cricket?

That is WAY too low for series.

Series mods effectively double the powr of one single battery. Which means throwing .2 ohms at it becomes irresponsible, that's roughly 44 amps to the atomizer...

Matt

Fern2987

Member For 4 Years
Woah buddy....

Even with a 2.3mm ID, and short legs that's a .19 single coil... Are you sure your vaping that on the cricket?

That is WAY too low for series.

Series mods effectively double the powr of one single battery. Which means throwing .2 ohms at it becomes irresponsible, that's roughly 44 amps to the atomizer...

Matt
Yea i said the build i have on my ar mod.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just throwing it out there, LG series are great too, for regulated mods the HE series are superb with the high mAH and 20amp rating, and then the HB series are the safest 30amps out there, and nothing is higher htan a 30amp, they don't exist, it's all a lie!
Absolutely Jerus!! I almost added some to my recent order of 25Rs (third batch I've ordered, solid ass batteries) and I'm kicking myself that I didn't, strictly for use in the noisy cricket!!! Next time I get some extra vape funds...

Matt

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Samsung/Sony/LG are the most consistent batteries. MXJO/Imren/Efest don't give the important ratings, the continuous discharge rating. If you only use the pulse rating you might end up on the news, using the Continuous rating is the best bet. According to Mooch (battery guru) the MXJO 35amps are really 20amp rating and 25amp max. This chart is useful.

View attachment 43919
Got all these yet?
Battery ID Positive Posts.jpg 18650 Battery Chart.jpg 26650 Battery Chart.jpg 18350 Battery Chart.jpeg

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yesterday's set up for work. Noisy cricket × Petri V2.
Went for all black.
Damn, that 's a nice lookin' combo. So I ordered the black NC. I have the silver, but the black just has that certain "je ne sais quoi". Plus, it'll look good with my Perti V2 also. :D

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Damn, that 's a nice lookin' combo. So I ordered the black NC. I have the silver, but the black just has that certain "je ne sais quoi". Plus, it'll look good with my Perti V2 also. :D
I wish they had a Metallic red like the Twisted Messes aftermarket rings...I would scoop it up in a heartbeat!

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I really enjoy the combo. It really does well with a decent build in it. I actually don't have the IPV cranking as many volts as the cricket is to the same build, and miss the cricket. Pitting the Petri back on the cricket as we speak now that I'm home for the night, and enjoying a much needed adult beverage or 3.

Matt

VU Sponsors