Become a Patron!

Post your builds

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Kylin Mini has the best flavor I've experienced to date. (I have had almost every notable RTA available in the USA in the last 4 years lol!) Best single coil anything I've ever vaped. Oh, and no leaky leaky either!

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also, let me add; I loathe ribbon wire! I have some, have tried it, but these old war torn nerves just can't do anything with it!
That's understandable. Sorry to hear that. There are ways of doing it with tools so you basically just hold the drill straight and let a clamp do all the work. N.devine83 on YouTube and Instagram has a tutorial on it, if you're just interested in watching like. Might be a but easier than you think :)

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That's understandable. Sorry to hear that. There are ways of doing it with tools so you basically just hold the drill straight and let a clamp do all the work. N.devine83 on YouTube and Instagram has a tutorial on it, if you're just interested in watching like. Might be a but easier than you think :)

I will definitely look into that!

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hope it helps dude, your mohawk looks flawless so I imagine you'd be able to pull of a really nice razorback

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i notice some differences in the way people talk about mowhawks, and making mowhawks. ray explained it a year or so ago in here, as understretched alien wraps on typical alien cores (3 x round wire in parallel). later i saw a video where they are made with 3 x round wire in a triangle. im pretty sure i also have seen people call it a razorback, but im also pretty sure thats only for a side-wound ribbon decore version of anything (can be a razorback alien or a razorback mowhawk if its made with ribbon). im not a pro and i dont hang out on ig or anywhere other than here (and lately i have been on n.devines live streams if i catch him doing one), so maybe i am behind the times with what the cool kids are up to :cheers:

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hope it helps dude, your mohawk looks flawless so I imagine you'd be able to pull of a really nice razorback

Thank you so much! But also remember the piles of wire and spools drenched in sweat and the tears of my failure that led to those photos lol!

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i notice some differences in the way people talk about mowhawks, and making mowhawks. ray explained it a year or so ago in here, as understretched alien wraps on typical alien cores (3 x round wire in parallel). later i saw a video where they are made with 3 x round wire in a triangle. im pretty sure i also have seen people call it a razorback, but im also pretty sure thats only for a side-wound ribbon decore version of anything (can be a razorback alien or a razorback mowhawk if its made with ribbon). im not a pro and i dont hang out on ig or anywhere other than here (and lately i have been on n.devines live streams if i catch him doing one), so maybe i am behind the times with what the cool kids are up to :cheers:
I used to be one of the cool kids...many, many moons ago... But hey, my 16 month old Grandson thinks I'm still cool!

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
why?? not really sure lol 6*32g N80 x 38g 316l SS 5 wraps on a 3mm jig, duals out around .2 or so..
656104206f3f766ecb5aa8ff24113afa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Haha Drip it!
Oh. My. Word. I thought it was gonna be a load of shit but it's actually really tasty, I think when I stored this away I was finding one of the flavours overpowering, proper lovely now though haha. Now to try and remember what the frigging recipe is for it and make 200ml, then leave it alone for 18 months - 2 years again. Oh dear hahah

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Oh. My. Word. I thought it was gonna be a load of shit but it's actually really tasty, I think when I stored this away I was finding one of the flavours overpowering, proper lovely now though haha. Now to try and remember what the frigging recipe is for it and make 200ml, then leave it alone for 18 months - 2 years again. Oh dear hahah

Haha - I had some like that. when I tasted them they were still as awful as the day I made them, ended up chucking them in the end

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Haha - I had some like that. when I tasted them they were still as awful as the day I made them, ended up chucking them in the end
I've had some juices that start off nice and end up going nasty, maybe because of over flavouring my juices as I've been learning. Surprised this one has aged so well

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Awesome man. What guage did you decore?

Alien Math!! It’s 3:1. So 3 30g would be 30g decore, for every 1 more you add you drop down 2 gauges. So 4 30g would be 28g decore and 5 would be 26g decore. This works with every gauge also flat wire as long as you replace 1 round wire with the equivalent amount of flat wire. 2 26g & 4 .4x.1 would be a 26g Decore. If u want to add only 2 more ribbon (which in this case would be half the width of a 26g) it would be 2 26g & 6 .4x.1 with a 25g decore.

Hope this helps!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Allright. I was going for 6x30, I did a 24 first so I'll do a 26 next...one or the other should work lol - well, or neither, since I haven't gotten 40 guage to alien for me yet

Edit: Thanks Anthony. Hard to believe it's that simple lol, two guages for every extra core huh...

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Alien Math!! It’s 3:1. So 3 30g would be 30g decore, for every 1 more you add you drop down 2 gauges. So 4 30g would be 28g decore and 5 would be 26g decore. This works with every gauge also flat wire as long as you replace 1 round wire with the equivalent amount of flat wire. 2 26g & 4 .4x.1 would be a 26g Decore. If u want to add only 2 more ribbon (which in this case would be half the width of a 26g) it would be 2 26g & 6 .4x.1 with a 25g decore.

Hope this helps!!!

I seriously need to write this down I always forget ...need to post in in the official alien thread as well haha

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Allright. I was going for 6x30, I did a 24 first so I'll do a 26 next...one or the other should work lol - well, or neither, since I haven't gotten 40 guage to alien for me yet

Edit: Thanks Anthony. Hard to believe it's that simple lol, two guages for every extra core huh...

Haha yeah. I wish someone told me that a few years back when I was first trying to do them... wasted so much wire and actually gave up a few times.

Jriley

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Just remember that 3:1 ratio is just a guide mainly for normal triple core aliens ,it's nothing set in stone just where you need to start until you get the hang of it. Be surprised what other decores work too

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
6x30/40
See the dark streaks? My 40awg does that but not the 46...wondering if it's my heartbeat or something about the spool?
Screenshot_20180220-091939.png
Screenshot_20180220-091909.png
Got 7 inches including some "oops" spots, rahhhh! I covered my fingers in VG, I can't hold it lightly enough without it lol

Jriley

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
6x30/40
See the dark streaks? My 40awg does that but not the 46...wondering if it's my heartbeat or something about the spool?
View attachment 104364
View attachment 104365
Got 7 inches including some "oops" spots, rahhhh! I covered my fingers in VG, I can't hold it lightly enough without it lol
I wouldn't worry about that discoloration/whatever

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I wouldn't worry about that discoloration/whatever

They turned blue first when I was heating up the coil, not a problem but weird...
Before heating
Screenshot_20180220-094448.png
After heating
Screenshot_20180220-095223.png

I don't mind it, kinda neat how they almost lined up really lol

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
6x30/40
View attachment 104364
View attachment 104365
Looks like it could be some sort of oil/dirt/smudge on the main spool that the company spooled your wire from. What brand is it?

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Kingorchid on ebay
Yeah, I've tried his wire in the past. From what I've read, he's telling people that his wire is Sandvik, which is entirely untrue. I use literally MILES of Sandvik, and the stuff from Kingorchid can't compare. It is spooled well, I'll give him that. But the wire quality is questionable.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah, I've tried his wire in the past. From what I've read, he's telling people that his wire is Sandvik, which is entirely untrue. I use literally MILES of Sandvik, and the stuff from Kingorchid can't compare. It is spooled well, I'll give him that. But the wire quality is questionable.

His Kanthal D isn't advertised or listed as Sandvik on ebay, so unless he's telling people somewhere off of ebay, I feel he's being legitimate. His 0.5 Kanthal A1 ribbon Is listed as Sandvik, however, so someone who's used that would know

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I’ve never had any issues with any wire from Kingorchid... every single spool I get has been flawless. Even his ribbon is top noch, wish he carried under .5

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Just remember that 3:1 ratio is just a guide mainly for normal triple core aliens ,it's nothing set in stone just where you need to start until you get the hang of it. Be surprised what other decores work too

Yeah of course... i like sticking with this formula so I don’t have to “feel” the stretch... it’s just pretty much the same pull. I usually do about 14” of decore and stretch to around 11ish’

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Lol, fralien
9340e3dd16e98da8d4270026dc146008.jpg

Nah man I want to make a Fraple Stallien! Or maybe a Staggermapleton

--I'm using juice that has some maple flavor in it for lube so Mapleton

My first Maple Fralien! I'm getting better at holding the 40 awg without Holding it
Screenshot_20180220-123611.png
Screenshot_20180220-123622.png

Last edited:

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What type of builds are those clamps from @raymo2u used for? I bought some for when I've figured out some simple claptons and such. I also bought some swivels, a basic drill and a spool tamer to start with. With any luck I'll be posting here someday with some pics and definitely some advice. Beautiful builds everyone!

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I would say any wider coil would be well suited to Raymo's clamps. Especially ribbon builds as it will clamp it straight, that's just a guess like as mine are yet to turn up :)

This and aliens gonna use it for that when I get round to it...didn’t get building the other day :(

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Today was good!
wow was it ever. 40 gauge alien is kind of a milestone imo. congrats :cheers:

I'm getting better at holding the 40 awg without Holding it
once you get it one time, youll be far more likely to get it every time...just got to be very careful with that decore

I'm using juice that has some maple flavor in it for lube so Mapleton
My first Maple Fralien!
this appeals to me on a very canadian level lololol :D

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Great work today meg!!! Hows the vape on the exo with those monsters?

Warm, not too warm. Pretty good :) I have the wattage down some though, it ohms at 0.12 but I'm using 88.8 watts (to go Back to the Future)

I was hesitant to put it in there, but I was outta options really. I'll have lots of options come next week ;D
c116df020f7eb5ed70c7bf823fcb4652.jpg

Last edited:

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Dual coil setup Triple Parallel 26g Kanthal, 3.5ID, 6 wraps, 0.16 ohm in a Geekvape Athena RDA setup for squonking.

Fast ramp-up, great flavor, good cloud production, and just the right amount of heat.

The build draws 26.5 amps which is a bit high for a single battery mech squonker, but it ramps up nearly instantaneously and rarely do I pulse it for more than a second at a time.
fbb910e4d1267a27b6fc3c08f9c0ecf7.jpg
9219727c036e04f06aa2f53d32de1b4e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Dual coil setup Triple Parallel 26g Kanthal, 3.5ID, 6 wraps, 0.16 ohm in a Geekvape Athena RDA setup for squonking.

Fast ramp-up, great flavor, good cloud production, and just the right amount of heat.

The build draws 26.5 amps which is a bit high for a single battery mech squonker, but it ramps up nearly instantaneously and rarely do I pulse it for more than a second at a time.
fbb910e4d1267a27b6fc3c08f9c0ecf7.jpg
9219727c036e04f06aa2f53d32de1b4e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I dig it. Just my 2 cents, your mod will never pull a full 4.2 volts unless it And your battery are Perfect. Always a little voltage drop somewhere, good lookin' out though!

VU Sponsors